Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpeg
    tempting fate (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 11.13.49 PM (resized).png
    bostonpinball (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glasairpilot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#5 4 years ago

I have not seen any real deals, but if some come up I would go get them at someone's house. This virus does not scare me, but it is destroying the economy due to fear in people. We could see real deflation coming. We have an exponential increase in public debt coupled with a decreasing population increase rate. Add in a flat yield curve along with corporate debt exploding against a weakening GDP AND the velocity of money slowing way down and you will soon find banks not wanting to loan money since the debt will be non productive in nature.

In short - we have screwed ourselves by buying into the fear and will pay for it dearly.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Always Florida...we’re screwed because states like yours aren’t being responsible. The full Florida beaches are partially responsible for spreading the virus. Stop listening to Dongload Clump & right-wing propaganda...you can’t troll a virus. You can’t spin a virus. You can’t pray away a virus. Ignorance = bio-terrorism. Read some facts on this thing & how it’s affected other countries already.

LOL, I'm in Indiana. I have a home in FL that I use about 4 weeks per year. Are you telling me that California is more sane than Florida? You have people crapping on your sidewalks and leaving needles on them also. Oh yeak, they live in tents outside of businesses and steal from them and do not go to jail if it is less than $900. Tell me more about how FL is destroying the nation.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from BobSacamano:

Please call ahead to your local hospital and verbally setup an advanced directive to refuse a ventilator.

I have a 99.9% chance of not needing one and if I do we have plenty here as we are not in a city of 11 million living like rats in a cage and being governed by idiots.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

As a home remodeler I'm on a "stay at home" order with 20 cases in a county with 165K residents. Losing 4K in work in April. I'd rather lose that work than my life from this virus. Close to 60 yrs old. Better safe than DEAD.

At 60 years old that is probably as wise decision.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've watched and read many posts about it and my consensus is most, not all, of Pinside is in complete denial on another economic disaster that could affect their hobby and turn it upside down from the full speed ahead of the last few years.
    Even today, with all that's going on, many are still in denial.

If we continue with this "lock down" the last thing you will worry about is pinball.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm not really worried because I owe nobody money. Cruise control through the last economic crash too.
    You gotta be ready for times like these, because they happen like every ten years. Economy is down, people sell their luxury and non essential items for cheap.

I'm in the same boat, but this time is different. We just shut down an entire country because of a virus that will kill less than 1/2 of 1% of people infected (if all infections were included in the equation). We have a population increase rate that is declining towards 0% and other countries (including China) that are losing population and yet all nations are expanding public debt. At the same time personal savings has went down year over year and personal debt is up. Corporate debt is through the roof and GDP is down. The velocity of money is slowing quickly as well. Municipalities will be hit hard when people decide not to make their property tax payments. We will add a minimum of 5 trillion and likely 10 trillion to the national debt before this is over and we have now decided that this will be the new normal every couple of years when a new virus comes around.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yes, the fallout is looking to be a lot uglier than it is being presented if you don't wear the prescription rose colored glasses.

Agreed. I believe we could see considerable deflation and that is something we really have not seen since 1929.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The only difference being, that started the greatest decade of pinball production in history. I don't see it that way this time.

Again, agreed.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

If we continue with the lockdown, I will be in hibernation and trying to stay safe. I'll be busy working on and playing my pins. And hope I don't need parts that I don't already have.

Are you immune compromised or elderly? If not, then you have no more to worry about than if you got the flu. The whole country can't stay home and play games and expect to have it's needs supplied by magic. What we are doing is insane.

#42 4 years ago

Well, it appears that other than O-Din agreeing with me I am at odds with all of you. Enjoy your time at home and get use to it. If we continue to act like this over every challenge that comes along we will all be living in the next third world country.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glasairpilot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ale-prices-all-over-the-place-and-the-new-normal?tu=glasairpilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.