Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpeg
    tempting fate (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 11.13.49 PM (resized).png
    bostonpinball (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#72 4 years ago

Think I'm actually seeing less pins for sale here in the CT area and the ones that I see are in the upper price ranges, pre-crisis if you will.

I suspect people are going to try and sit this out (no buying or selling) unless they are facing a big financial crisis hoping it blows over fast.

Personally I don't think this is going to be over fast, it is going to ripple out for some time. Businesses that were marginal are going to be pushed over the edge and other industries are going to take advantage of the situation. Some restaurants (which have a terrible success rate in general) are not going to reopen, theme parks, hotels and cruise lines are all going to take a hit. Hollywood has been considering dropping movie theaters and going direct to video on demand, indeed Universal has already shipped one movie out VOD which had theater owner's panties in a bunch before this crisis hit. This will only accelerate and you can look for theater chains to go the way of the drive in sooner or later which I have been calling for years. Inevitable.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think we will see NIB sales continue to be steady if not increase as buyers opt for a new pin at this time versus risking buying used and getting infected. NIB sales may eventually slow as remaining supply drys up.

What is to prevent a line workers from getting Corona on a new pin?

Buy used pin, wipe it down with bleach wipes and call it a day. No need to bear hug the seller or even shake hands. The virus is easily killed by bleach or several other anti-bacterial agents, I'd have zero problem buying a used pin.

I see new pins being an uncertain market as people are not necessarily going to risk a large amount of money in uncertain times. Last economic crisis Stern was in bad shape, see the same thing playing out again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ale-prices-all-over-the-place-and-the-new-normal?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.