Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by canea
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    dudeapproved.jpg
    drink_001.JPG
    ugly-goth.jpg
    sexy-kitchen-girls-12.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Every single top score on my personal machines was achieved while under the influence. Has nothing to do with duration of play or determination. Somehow, in some way, I play significantly better with a few beers in me, and I'm talking like wizard mode better, not just a slight edge. Maybe it is due to some sort of competitive edge from being around friends hanging out while drinking, or maybe I'm a bit more relaxed, but I'm in no way a competitive person, and I could care less about beating someone in a scoring competition. Either way, for me, beer + pinball = a high score.

I wanna see a show of hands here, I can't be the only one. And they told me reaction times were slowed by alcohol in health class!

#2 10 years ago

I just think I'm doing better. Actually my scores are worse when drinking.

#3 10 years ago

I'm the same way, same goes for pool. I'ts like I slow down and concentrate better or something.

#4 10 years ago

Women look better with alcohol too,till the morning!

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Women look better with alcohol too,till the morning!

Beer goggles.

#6 10 years ago

Keep playing, keep drinking. When you step away from the machine, and suddenly end up on the floor. You may have reached your limit of both.

#7 10 years ago

I call it "flip well" nectar ..............when I play golf, its a necessary element of "swing well".....

#8 10 years ago

Is it possible that Alcohol is the Pinside enhancer?

#9 10 years ago

I seem to enjoy playing more when I'm drinking. It's fun sober too, but my longest sessions occur when I'm drinking (LOL).

#10 10 years ago

Agreed

image.jpgimage.jpg

#12 10 years ago

Yep ^^ what you see is not what it seems.
    With beer goggles then without.
    Be careful my friends!

sexy-kitchen-girls-12.jpgsexy-kitchen-girls-12.jpg ugly-goth.jpgugly-goth.jpg

#13 10 years ago

Are you trying to wipe out drinking? That post could make a dent in it!

#14 10 years ago

Pin-it,

Please stop. Is that really necessary to make your point. You're scaring the children.
    Err, umm. I might get the night frights.

#15 10 years ago

I probably enjoy playing the most after a few drinks and the majority of my playtime is at night after a few drinks. Unfortunately my high scores always come early in the morning or when I really need to be somewhere and don't care about losing the ball.

#16 10 years ago

I always play best after an Ice Cream/Milkshake sugar rush.

#17 10 years ago

Yep when I've had a few to many i just aim for the ball in the middle, it seems to work

#18 10 years ago

I find I get loose after a couple, which is good, but then the slight incline leads to a drastic decline in play once I really start chugging.

#19 10 years ago

I play pool better than pinball while drinking. I am a newer player though, so I will need to play more pinball under the influence to get better. I will start my practice regiment today. I promise.

#20 10 years ago

It's the caffeine in the Van Gogh...

drink_001.JPGdrink_001.JPG

#21 10 years ago

I play better with a Monster Drink! A little caffeine sharpens my reflexes and helps with stamina at longer events. Some players do seem to get better with a buzz, I've seen this at PAPA and Pinburgh without a doubt. The problem there is very few will stop with just a buzz, and will continue to full on drunk/stoned. Your competitive chances are much greater without alcohol. The GPO was a good example. It was at a bar. Some drank, some didn't. In the finals, 3 of the 4 were non-drinkers. It might make it more fun for you as well, but I'll feel better in the morning!

#22 10 years ago

Ha! I agree. It's a finite window for me. A few, el feugo. A few more, el stinko.

#23 10 years ago

Dude approved.

dudeapproved.jpgdudeapproved.jpg

#24 10 years ago

The wife & I go to local breweries get the sampler, then find pins in the wild. Great date night. When we play at home its usually vodka & cran for her, 2 fingers of bourbon, (index to pinky ;}), on the rocks for me.

#25 10 years ago

Taking a page from Bowen's book, I started eating Swedish Fish while playing & my scores & shot accuracy have improved slightly:
    http://vimeo.com/26483679

image.jpgimage.jpg

#26 10 years ago

I got stinking drunk and woke up with a wide body.

Kim
    http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

Dude approved.

Hell yes! I love me some Wyoming Whiskey!

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

Taking a page from Bowen's book, I started eating Swedish Fish while playing & my scores & shot accuracy have improved slightly:
    » Vimeo video

Fast acting carbs helps the brain

#29 10 years ago

Yes, drinking definitely helps my playing, but also, when I start a game just to occupy a few minutes while I'm waiting for my wife or kids to get ready, hoping to just kill a minute or two, that's when I have the friggen' hour long sessions and wizard mode killers! WTH, right? ALWAYS!

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Hell yes! I love me some Wyoming Whiskey!

I know, right? It's quality. Plus it's like a top secret mission whenever you buy it. Last time I bought it at Rendezvous the clerk had to make a phone call to see if he could sell it to me. Even when Star picked me on a lottery to buy a bottle they were weird about it. Corner Grocery in Dayton usually has it, FYI.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alcohol-the-pinball-enhancer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.