• Latest reply 6 years ago by djjennie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Aladdins-Castle-Work-08 (resized).jpg
0Aladdins-Castle-Work-07 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djjennie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Here's what happened:

I was away from my home for 2 months, and when I returned my aladdin's castle would no longer work. The game was played some maybe 10 games while I was gone, so it's not an oxidation problem....I did check that!!!
It was working just fine before I left, because I played it the night I left.

Here is what it is doing:

You can put credits on the game and the credit reel reads them, but when you press the start button,
the scoring reel runs 5 times you know t-t-t-t-t; and doesn't engage in a game.
I manually pressed the game over overlock relay switch to see what would happen and of course the game came on until I let go of the switch. Then the game goes dead (out of play mode)

If I hold the switch, I can get everything to work on the game and it will even go ball 1-5 (however, the balls do not advance on the backglass). But as soon as I let go, of course it immediately shuts off.

When I press the start button, it does not deduct a credit from the reel. I'm thinking the problem lies somewhere there or in the game over overlock relay switch.

FYI, I did clean the contacts on the credit reel, the reset relay, game over relay, credit and coin relays.

I have also noticed that the 1000 reel, on player 1 will not advance after the 100 reel goes past 9.

Also, I have a link to a video on youtube to hopefully show and explain what I am trying to explain below.

Any information or insight you could give me that would help me fix the problem would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

Jennie.

#4 6 years ago

I just want to say thank you for responding to my post!! I've had to work all day and I am planning on trying to work on it tonight and tomorrow. I will let you know what happens.

Thanks again

Jennie

#5 6 years ago

Hi Fred and Rolf,

Ok so first Fred,

All of the relays have been cleaned and reseeded and all are adjusted properly.

Rolf,

I did attempt to latch all of the armatures, and all remain in the trip position and will not hold in the latch position.

When I press and hold in the game over relay, it will not latch, it will stay there as long as I hold it but then when I let go, it goes back to the trip postition

Jennie

#8 6 years ago

Ok i'll check it out
i'll be in the gameroom all day today and night too i usually don't go to bed till 3-4- am eastern time

#9 6 years ago

Hi Fred And Rolf,

1st Fred, Score motor switch 1D is adjusted and cleaned
When you press the start button the play meter's numbers stay the same.
I cleaned all of the eos switches on the 100 point relay and they are adjusted properly.

2nd Rolf,

Here is a link to a video so you can see the game over relay when I manually lock and trip it:

Jennie

#11 6 years ago

Hi Fred,

ok so first the score motor switch is closing, the coin relay switch is energizing and the 1st coin chute adjustment plug is clean and making good contact.

Jennie

#12 6 years ago

Fred,

Do you have an iphone? if so, we could facetime.... to try and work together, if you are available and not too busy to do so.

Jennie

#13 6 years ago

Also, FYI, this is my first EM repair (other than a flipper) so please excuse me if I am a little slow on understanding certain things.

Thanks

Jennie

#16 6 years ago

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know, I have had a busy weekend with work due to the holiday and I will be getting back to the game probably tomorrow...

Thanks again,

Jennie

#17 6 years ago

Ok sorry I didn't respond earlier. My computer crashed and I wasn't able to reply.

So I checked all the Jones plugs, cleaned and reseeded them.

The lock relay engages when you turn the game on. Meaning that the switch is open.

Still.... nothing...

Just a FYI I am going to try to work on the machine over the next couple of days but with us not knowing where Irma is headed I do not know if or what I will be able to do.

However, I will continue to work on it until then.

Fred hopefully everything is ok with you after Harvey!!

Jennie

2 weeks later
#19 6 years ago

Hi!!

Sorry that I haven't replied, hurricane Irma went right over us, we evacuated had a tree down and just got power back on, so I have to still fix this game but without power, that's hard to do. I will be getting back to it Thursday as we are in cleanup mode currently after getting our power restored so please bear with me and I will be back soon.....

Thanks again,

Jennie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djjennie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aladdins-castle-wont-go-into-gameplay-mode-with-video?tu=djjennie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.