Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).JPG
IMG_2144 (resized).JPG
IMG_2143 (resized).JPG
IMG_2142 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Start of game, reels reset, ball kicks out. However motor keeps spinning and relay marked#7 keeps pulling in, coil on coin door keeps firing, outhole kicker keeps firing. Flippers work and each time you score points the ball count unit steps forward . Issue is in the playfield because the motor stops when I pull the right Jones plug . Not used to Ballys or their schematics I'm mostly a Gottlieb guy. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks in advance .

#2 7 years ago

IMG_2142 (resized).JPGIMG_2142 (resized).JPG

IMG_2143 (resized).JPGIMG_2143 (resized).JPG

IMG_2144 (resized).JPGIMG_2144 (resized).JPG

IMG_2145 (resized).JPGIMG_2145 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

Hi DeltaQueen
I wonder what Your #7 Relay is - I do not see it in the List of coils and relays - do You have a paper tag in the pin telling You #7 ?

I assume Your description is not complete. OK, the Outhole-Kicker fires rhythmically - this is because the Outhole-Relay is pulling steady (does it ?) and faulty does "not let go" (((and the Score-Motor runs and actuates all its switches, rhythmically))). I suspect the Make-and-Brake-Switch on Score-Motor - SCM-8-C. The middle blade has soldered-on wire-yellow, the outer blades have soldered-on wire-white-black, wire-grey-red. When the Switchstack on wheel-8 actuates: connection is cut - connection (in a fully functioning A-Castle) yellow to white-black. You see this in the schematics at F/G/H/J-15.
Here http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Bally_Score_Motor good text / good pictures. Wheel-1 is closest to the "real motor".

Maybe You find the fault - maybe we must look further - with a more detailled description (((is the Bonus-Score-Relay pulling ? is the Bonus-Unit stepped down to Zero and actuates the Position-Zero-Switches ? Other relays pulling ?))) Greetings Rolf
P.S.: Did the pin ever run satisfactory in Your possession ?

#4 7 years ago

Yes Rolf it was running correctly this is an intermittent thing that is now stuck . The "7" is written in ink no paper as you can see in photo .

DW74

#5 7 years ago

Rolf,

I have labeled all the relays, found the owners manual. The outhole relay is firing, pulling in and out, causing the coil in the outhole kicker to continually fire. I am wondering if the bonus count unit is stuck and not resetting to 1000 like on all Bally's of this era. I have another Bally, mostly Gottlieb. These schematics I a not used to...

I am going to trace the coil wire for the kicker back to see where it leads.

DQ74

#6 7 years ago

Rolf,

As I suspected the bonus count unit does not reset to 1000 and this start up sequence is not competed.If I manually advance the bonus unit to 1000 the game plays perfectly until the bal drains. Without the bonus until at 1000 the outhole relay pulls in and out indefinitely while the score motor runs, and the ball kicker in the outhole continually fires

DQ

#7 7 years ago

Game is playing now,, it was the bonus unit not resetting to 1000. Got that working and honestly RGP archive and Kerry Imming get the credit for my correction path. Rolf you have been very helpful and I more than appreciate your input.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aladdins-castle-start-up-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.