Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by QuietEarp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC06853 (resized).JPG
DAF4EB24-3F5B-4E07-80BB-149D98642EFE (resized).jpeg
PF insert- disc instructions (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sea_wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 months ago

It seems to be an issue with a lot of ACs and it’s gotten ridiculous on mine. I have a very solid machine that I have cleaned up and enjoy playing since finding it last fall but the cupping of the plastic inserts is at the point of the ball actually stopping 10% of the time as it enters the A B C and D rollover lanes at the top. The inserts at the bottom are bad enough that a slow rolling ball will change direction radically.

My question is, are there any methods to level off these inserts without using the car clear coat stuff that runs everyone out of the house? I just don’t have a place to do this outside. Thanks. Danny

#4 3 months ago

Thanks guys. I appreciate learning as much as I can about this before I make a decision on this.

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

You can remove them and replace; you can remove them and (sometimes, if the cupping isn't too bad) sand them flat and reinstall
You can drip clear into them (not necessarily the stinky stuff) and sand level carefully.
If you do any of the removals you have to repaint in the key lines on them, it's more for a full clear than anything. I've tried heating these up with a heat gun and pressing a dowel in the center to level and it just didn't work - it melted.

I’m wondering if eyedropping a little Marine Spar Varnish would do the trick, along with a little careful sanding. That stuff dries pretty hard and is something I have in my work truck.

#6 3 months ago
Quoted from oldpins:

In the past I have come across EM titles with cupped inserts and PF is mylared. The solution was to design and install a layered series of clear vinyl discs which adhere to the insert to build up the cupping and preventing the ball parking on the insert. Heres how they work.[quoted image]

Where might I find something like that, or is it something I would have to make? I went to the website on the picture and didn’t see anything.

#12 3 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

If it's water based. The oil based stuff wouldn't be great for PF's IIRC.

I’ve got a can of this stuff, which is water based and durable.

DAF4EB24-3F5B-4E07-80BB-149D98642EFE (resized).jpeg
#13 3 months ago
Quoted from wdennie:

Try a playing field protector, it will take care of cupped inserts.

Thanks. Eventually I’d love to do that.

#14 3 months ago

Thanks for the link. Lots of good stuff on there.

#15 3 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

What he said. I bought a huge sheet of that plastic, enough to make 3 protectors, for about $40. Take off the bumper caps and flippers, make your paper pattern, transfer it to the plastic and cut it out. I made one for Night Rider. I actually cleared my Alladins Castle a couple years ago, that games a keeper.

Yes. I’ve seen pictures of your AC playfield that were posted here and it’s beautiful.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 6,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
€ 4.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Multigame
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 12,500.00
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 15.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sea_wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside