• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball machine 3-3-2021 016 (resized).jpg
pinball machine 3-3-2021 017 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hello, my Aladdin’ Castle doesn’t award an extra ball when the A B C D lanes have all been rolled over. A B C D lane lights all go out and coresponding star roll over lights light up but no extra ball is awarded. I’ve had this machine in storage and recently started getting it up and running again. I’ve fixed dozens of other issues on it. I have everything else working as it should.
NOTE: Extra ball feature was working then I rolled the ball through the Aladdin’ Alley several times to get the special to light up. Special lit up and It awarded a game when I rolled the ball through the with special light lit as it should. After this now the machine will not award an extra ball. This is the last item I need to fix to have the game operating 100%. Can anyone help me out ?

Thanks

Chappy

#2 3 years ago

Hello, I have a problem with my second player 100’s score reel. It will not reset to zero when the game ends. The score motor does not continue to run. The machine simply does not set the second player 100’s reel to zero. It counts up an keeps score as it should. I have disassembled it and mechanically it functions properly.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve the issue.

The above extra ball issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Chappy

#3 3 years ago

Mine did something similar when I first got it (though on both players). If I remember correctly (this was a long time ago and so I may not), the problem with my machine was that a switch that should open when a reel is at zero was always open on a few of the score reels (can't remember which ones) and was not closing when the reel was at a number other than zero. And so, during a game reset, as soon as all other reels are at zero, the motor stops because it thinks that all of the reels are at zero, but the reel with the faulty switch still hadn't stepped all the way up to zero. It was an inconsistent problem (because if the reel with a faulty switch was at a higher number than the other reels, then this reel with the faulty switch would properly reset because it would get to zero before the other reels--if on the other hand it was a lower number than the other reels, the other reels would reset before it could). Is this similar to what your machine is doing or does the P2 100 reel not stop at zero and go past zero during a reset?

If the P2 100 reel sometimes just doesn't get to zero (and never goes past it), then my educated guess is that there's a switch on your machine's P2 100s score reel that is out of adjustment (i.e., never closing) (like the problem I recall with my machine). Check out the switches on that reel and see if one is always open. If it goes past zero during a reset, then it still is likely to be a switch on the 100 reel that is used to indicate the the reel reached zero. Good luck!

#4 3 years ago

And hey--why does your very first post keep repeating on additional topics you begin?

I've seen a few of your topics and at least what I see is that they all begin with your first topic's post about the extra ball issue and then continue with your newer post related to the new topic you started. Seems odd.

#5 3 years ago

tfduda, thanks for the response. The reel does not go past zero. It is as if it is not getting the signal to reset to zero. If I recall I think when it is on a number less than 6 it will advance to either 6 or 7 and stop. I had them all working correctly then this seemed to begin happening intermittently. Now it has begun happening repeatedly. I will do a double check on the switch stack on the reel (the stack that has 3 switches). I'll let you know the outcome.

side note: I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that causes my subsequent posts to always post under my very first initial post I made. That's another thing I'm gonna work on figuring out...lol.

Thanks again

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from chappy:

when it is on a number less than 6 it will advance to either 6 or 7 and stop

Does it (i) stop advancing when other reels are continuing to advance to zero or (ii) stop advancing when all other reels already reach zero?

Quoted from chappy:

side note: I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that causes my subsequent posts to always post under my very first initial post I made. That's another thing I'm gonna work on figuring out...lol.

Good luck with this one too—I don’t think I’ve seen this before.

#7 3 years ago

tfduda, thanks again for your advice. I got the issue with the p2 100's score reel resolved. See attached photos. I found a 'funky' wire that I worked on and I made an adjustment on one of the switches. I did both before I tested to see if the issue was resolved...so...I couldn't say with certainty which one was the culprit. Like I said before look me up if you're ever in Orlando, beer or coffee, which ever you prefer is on me.

#8 3 years ago

darn I wasn't given the opition to add photos to my reply ?

#9 3 years ago

tfduda, just for future reference here's the photos showing the wire and switch I worked on to get the issue resolved with the P2 100's score reel not resetting to zero. Issue resolved ...thanks

pinball machine 3-3-2021 016 (resized).jpgpinball machine 3-3-2021 016 (resized).jpgpinball machine 3-3-2021 017 (resized).jpgpinball machine 3-3-2021 017 (resized).jpg
#10 3 years ago

Glad to hear the problem was fixed (whatever was causing it).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aladdins-castle-100s-score-reel-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.