Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jarson
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

storePicPCB_(resized).png
    #1 7 years ago

We have about 27 Airfield LED kits left in stock, and they all must go. We've dropped the price from $219 down to $99. This is below cost. Come and get them while supplies last!

https://ledseq.com/product/airfield/

Info: Airfield is a sequenced LED lighting kit for wall-hung, decorative pinball playfields. It allows you to animate the inserts of old playfields you have on the wall just like they were in the original game. It is platform agnostic, doesn't use any original ROMs or hardware, and purchase comes with free access to our online sequencing tool where you can share your work with others.

See the old announcement thread for more details:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-airfield-an-led-kit-for-wall-hung-playfields

storePicPCB_(resized).pngstorePicPCB_(resized).png

#2 7 years ago

Sorry to see you selling below cost- but I just ordered one.

Thanks!

#3 7 years ago

I own one of these, and it's great! Buying another one today! Thanks for putting these on sale!

#4 7 years ago

I had sort of forgotten about this neat gadget.

Are you going to produce them again in the future, or is this the end of the line?

#5 7 years ago

I bought one of these kits years ago. Awesome product. I may get another.

#6 7 years ago

Have one in place and bought another for the future

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I had sort of forgotten about this neat gadget.
    Are you going to produce them again in the future, or is this the end of the line?

Nope, I'm afraid this is it. We'll keep the online sequencing tool running for another year or so though.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinHacks:

Nope, I'm afraid this is it. We'll keep the online sequencing tool running for another year or so though.

Aw, that's a shame

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Aw, that's a shame

If they have to dump 27 of them at a loss I'm not surprised they won't be making more.

Neat gadget surprised there wasn't more interest. But then not too many friends of mine have playfields on the wall either.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If they have to dump 27 of them at a loss I'm not surprised they won't be making more.
    Neat gadget surprised there wasn't more interest.

The initial price point was probably a bit too high for an impulse buy. I would have pulled the trigger earlier on one myself around $100-$150.

What happens when the sequencer tool goes offline? Owners are SOL? Will the sequencer tool's code be released?

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Neat gadget surprised there wasn't more interest. But then not too many friends of mine have playfields on the wall either.

Everybody I know with playfields on walls/ceilings just hang them as is - without any fancy light-up action. I'm guessing it was a hard sell. Not that it wasn't a cool idea/product. I just don't think there was much demand.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

What happens when the sequencer tool goes offline? Owners are SOL? Will the sequencer tool's code be released?

Ugh, this. Hopefully it gets packaged into something we could run on our own server, or even a standalone application.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Everybody I know with playfields on walls/ceilings just hang them as is - without any fancy light-up action. I'm guessing it was a hard sell. Not that it wasn't a cool idea/product. I just don't think there was much demand.

The thing is, I remember when they were initially introduced and maybe once or twice after the original thread was bumped--and that was about it. Not much in the way of promotion, marketing, or new examples of folks showing off what they had done to remind folks that this product was out there.

Did it ever show up at a show?

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'll leave the tool up through the end of 2017, and will drop an unsupported dump on GitHub once we shut it down.

You don't technically need the tool to make sequences. They're just text files that you can create or edit in a text editor, and the specs are in the FAQ on my site, but it is a lot faster and more fun to use the tool.

#15 7 years ago

Not gonna brag, but the EBD sequence is pretty sweet.

Edit: Just ordered another one. Couldn't help myself.

#16 7 years ago

cool product

#17 7 years ago

Bump for the nighttime crowd. 12 units remaining.

2 years later
    #18 5 years ago

Any more of these left? I'd like to get some

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/airfield-decorative-led-kit-clearance-sale?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.