Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Moonbus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

It's too hot and humid to do any painting in the garage. I'm thinking about doing some play field touch-ups with my airbrush in a spare bedroom. Is this a good or bad idea? Will the airbrush create a lot of over-spray in the room or is it contained? I'm using Createx paint

#2 6 years ago

Airbrushing doesn't really create a lot of overspray like a rattle can, especially if you don't dial the pressure up really high. I have a friend who airbrushes fine scale models indoors. He just opens a window for ventilation, that's about it.

#3 6 years ago

I've done large areas of cabinet art indoors (all of the red lines on a Dr. Who cabinet). I had the pressure cranked higher for that job, and it was for a longer duration, and I did notice that some overspray wafted around the room as evidenced by the red color in my dehumidifer dust filter, lol. So the amount of overspray (if any) probably depends on a few factors like size of the job, the pressure used, and the duration of time you're gonna be spraying.

I use Createx paints too.

#4 6 years ago

I've done a lot of airbrushing over the years, mostly a small hobby gun for doing scale models and sometimes in a shed. It's bloody surprising just how much minutely fine over spray gets out there in the general vicinity. It's not til hours later on that you notice it as much cause it takes a while to settle. Mind you i'm talking about using water based acrylic lacquer and thinner based enamels but i don't think the type of paint will make a huge difference. If you have anything in the area that you absolutely don't want paint "dust" on i would advise either moving it out of the room or covering with something, just as a precaution

#5 6 years ago

Setting the equipment correctly up is key. My fun first time experience is linked, I think i was running to high pressure...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-magic-circle-semi-sympathetic-playfield-restoration#post-3307931

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/airbrush-in-the-house?hl=moonbus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.