5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Darcy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Has anyone tried to touch up a backglass with an airbrush?
I have a Flight 2000 that has flaking red in the title and wondered if this would work.

The airbrush method or rattle can is the only way to get a brushless look on the translucent areas, especially if you want a factory appearance when the lights are on. On pinside there is a Topic for repainting a backglass on a Sky Jump. Also Johns Jukes has a page on their web site regarding backglass repair.

A large art supply store should have the translucent style paint for glass. Thinking I've seen something like that at Micheals. You may have to mix a color to match the current color. Look on You tube there must be vids on there for 'Reverse Painting Glass'.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I don't want to do this myself, being a bit color blind it makes sense for me to pay someone else.

If you could find a retired sign painter, or a hobbyist that does fake leaded glass windows, possibly?. The other might be to take it to a old school sign shop that still paints signs. It is possible that they might be able to repair it. It could get expensive, paying by the hour, for someone to scape off the old damaged artwork area and re-spraying it with an acceptable color.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 3.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 199.95
$ 125.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/airbrush-a-backglass?tu=darcy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.