Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Darcy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 months ago

Has anyone tried to touch up a backglass with an airbrush?
I have a Flight 2000 that has flaking red in the title and wondered if this would work.

#2 5 months ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Has anyone tried to touch up a backglass with an airbrush?
I have a Flight 2000 that has flaking red in the title and wondered if this would work.

The airbrush method or rattle can is the only way to get a brushless look on the translucent areas, especially if you want a factory appearance when the lights are on. On pinside there is a Topic for repainting a backglass on a Sky Jump. Also Johns Jukes has a page on their web site regarding backglass repair.

A large art supply store should have the translucent style paint for glass. Thinking I've seen something like that at Micheals. You may have to mix a color to match the current color. Look on You tube there must be vids on there for 'Reverse Painting Glass'.

#3 5 months ago

would like to see some attempts at this as well, not discussed much on here.

#4 5 months ago

I did some BG repair on a Silverball Mania, this link takes you where I start showing off some of my results.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polishing-up-a-silverball-mania/page/2#post-3858565

#5 5 months ago
Quoted from Darcy:

The airbrush method or rattle can is the only way to get a brushless look on the translucent areas, especially if you want a factory appearance when the lights are on. On pinside there is a Topic for repainting a backglass on a Sky Jump. Also Johns Jukes has a page on their web site regarding backglass repair.
A large art supply store should have the translucent style paint for glass. Thinking I've seen something like that at Micheals. You may have to mix a color to match the current color. Look on You tube there must be vids on there for 'Reverse Painting Glass'.

I don't want to do this myself, being a bit color blind it makes sense for me to pay someone else.

#6 5 months ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I don't want to do this myself, being a bit color blind it makes sense for me to pay someone else.

If you could find a retired sign painter, or a hobbyist that does fake leaded glass windows, possibly?. The other might be to take it to a old school sign shop that still paints signs. It is possible that they might be able to repair it. It could get expensive, paying by the hour, for someone to scape off the old damaged artwork area and re-spraying it with an acceptable color.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 279.95
700 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Waterford Township, MI
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 279.95
$ 19.95
Sale Pending!
Fredericksburg, VA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside