DSCF7744.JPG
DSCF7743.JPG
DSCF7741.JPG
DSCF7742.JPG
DSCF7738.JPG
DSCF7740.JPG
DSCF7731.JPG
DSCF7730.JPG
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Those two stand up targets clean them up!

Use bleach plus cleaner and Q-tips to clean all that gunk off of them! and your pop bumper rings and etc...!

#52 10 years ago

Seriously starting to think this was my worst idea ever.

With the post issue looming, I thought I'd move to cleaning the individual parts up.

Did you know the top plastic assembly has like a BILLION different parts? UGH!

Anyway, despite my better judgement, I started to take it apart to clean it.

DSCF7427.JPGDSCF7427.JPG DSCF7418.JPGDSCF7418.JPG DSCF7419.JPGDSCF7419.JPG DSCF7420.JPGDSCF7420.JPG DSCF7421.JPGDSCF7421.JPG DSCF7422.JPGDSCF7422.JPG DSCF7423.JPGDSCF7423.JPG DSCF7424.JPGDSCF7424.JPG DSCF7425.JPGDSCF7425.JPG DSCF7426.JPGDSCF7426.JPG
#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Skrippy:

Those two stand up targets clean them up!
Use bleach plus cleaner and Q-tips to clean all that gunk off of them! and your pop bumper rings and etc...!

That will all be replaced.

Chris

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Did you know the top plastic assembly has like a BILLION different parts? UGH!

You're crackin me up man. Yep, that was the one part of my deep cleaning that worried me.

Regarding the plastic posts, yes Capcom's were different. I know Mark inherited a butt ton of them... it may be time to place an order from down under. If you do, try to remember to add some coil stops for the flippers to your order, this brand of machine eats them like potato chips.

2 weeks later
#55 10 years ago

That will all be replaced.
Chris

Good man, I was unaware of the extent of your shop out.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Skrippy:

Good man, I was unaware of the extent of your shop out.

No worries

This whole project has stalled until I get the orange posts back....more on that when I get them back.

The injector assembly is clean and all back together. Had some orange post sleeves I put on instead of the black. I like the look!

injector1.jpginjector1.jpg

injector2.jpginjector2.jpg

Chris

#57 10 years ago

The orange sleeves really set it off much better than just the black!

#58 10 years ago

The injector looks great!

#59 10 years ago

HUGE thanks to Pinsider "lladnip"!!!! He re-sized the oversized posts to a correct measurement for me!

YOU GUYS ROCK!!! This may get some work done to it this week after all

Before:

posts.jpgposts.jpg

After:

posts2.jpgposts2.jpg

Chris

#60 10 years ago

Go go Gadget post installer!!

Yes, I still need to switch out the targets. I have them, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Chris

DSCF7493.JPGDSCF7493.JPG DSCF7494.JPGDSCF7494.JPG DSCF7495.JPGDSCF7495.JPG DSCF7496.JPGDSCF7496.JPG
1 week later
#61 10 years ago

Your machine is cleaning up really well, good work.

Robert

#62 10 years ago

Thanks. It is going VERY slowly...LOL

I am working on getting the ramps cleaned up now. The holidays were crazy busy and this went on the back burner for a while.

Chris

#63 10 years ago

I bought one recently and will be getting it later this month...cant wait to give mine the same treatment! I will also pull the mylar and then decide if I will strip and have cleared or not. Even considering throwing a little powder coat on the cabinet armor.

Looking great!!

#64 10 years ago

This game is STUPID fast as it is, if you send the PF out for a Kruzman style CC job it will probably be so fast you will never see the ball on the PF again... it will just be a blur

1 week later
#65 10 years ago

Progress......albeit small.

Got to cleaning up some of the ramps. Lots to go yet.

got some new targets installed finally as well. Getting there, slowly but surely.

DSCF7641.JPGDSCF7641.JPG DSCF7642.JPGDSCF7642.JPG DSCF7645.JPGDSCF7645.JPG DSCF7646.JPGDSCF7646.JPG
#66 10 years ago

looking good! but i thought it wold be long done by now!!!! ahahaha j/k good things take time!

#67 10 years ago

Nice progress.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from lladnip:

looking good! but i thought it wold be long done by now!!!! ahahaha j/k good things take time!

Honestly, me too. The holidays were crazy and I just got back from a missions trip to Costa Rica. Should have more time now to work on it though I need to gt it done cause there's a Monopoly and Lethal Weapon 3 waiting to be done next.

Need to try to recover my photos of the teardown. Have not been having good luck with hard drives lately

Chris

#69 10 years ago

Honestly, me too. The holidays were crazy and I just got back from a missions trip to Costa Rica. Should have more time now to work on it though I need to gt it done cause there's a Monopoly and Lethal Weapon 3 waiting to be done next.
Need to try to recover my photos of the teardown. Have not been having good luck with hard drives lately
Chris

outch- on the old pics,,,,,,, ive been repoping a pf that i cleared out over 10 months ago and ive slept so many times since then, w/o the pic and notes it would have been a mental challenge,,,,, anyways hope you have some luck getting your pics back.

#70 10 years ago

Looks great - thanks for the updates. Can't wait to see the final product. It would be great to see an Airborne in a tournament and see how the masters play it.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Buck:

Looks great - thanks for the updates. Can't wait to see the final product. It would be great to see an Airborne in a tournament and see how the masters play it.

Thanks! I like the game alot. If the owner agrees (it is not my machine) maybe I can bring it to Allentown this year. We shall see.

In the meantime, got another target installed (although it needs some adjustments) and more posts installed. It is getting there

DSCF7648.JPGDSCF7648.JPG DSCF7649.JPGDSCF7649.JPG DSCF7650.JPGDSCF7650.JPG DSCF7651.JPGDSCF7651.JPG DSCF7652.JPGDSCF7652.JPG DSCF7653.JPGDSCF7653.JPG
1 week later
#72 10 years ago

Well, not much going on - cleaning playfield parts before re-assembly.

Did get these in today, then realized I still need 2 other parts. GRRRR!!!

I was a bit concerned about the packaging but things arrived intact!

airbornepackage2.jpgairbornepackage2.jpg

airbornepackage3.jpgairbornepackage3.jpg

Chris

#73 10 years ago

I also need the missile/cocktail plastic as well. Plan on trying to shop out mine and determine if other parts are needed as well since it will take so long to get here and don't want to order twice.

Coming along nicely!

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

I also need the missile/cocktail plastic as well. Plan on trying to shop out mine and determine if other parts are needed as well since it will take so long to get here and don't want to order twice.
Coming along nicely!

Thanks. The new missile plastic looks really nice, and comes with the metal bracket as well.

I didn't think weldint the tab back on the scoop would turn out so well, so I bought a replacement. It came witht he optos which I didn't expect, even though they were in the photo on the website.

Shipping seems expensive, but I have to say it arrived pretty quickly, 4 business days from the shipping confirmation.

Chris

#75 10 years ago

Starting ti come together a bit now

Having a problem with the rightmost of the 3 center targets. With the scoop installed, it sure cant mount using the existing holes. Strange. It puts the metal bracket at a funky angle and squishes the switch closed. I will have to work with that to see what I can do.

DSCF7675.JPGDSCF7675.JPG DSCF7676.JPGDSCF7676.JPG DSCF7677.JPGDSCF7677.JPG DSCF7678.JPGDSCF7678.JPG DSCF7679.JPGDSCF7679.JPG DSCF7680.JPGDSCF7680.JPG
1 week later
#76 10 years ago

It is starting to look like a pinball machine again

Got the new decal for the control tower and some other parts. Reassembly is coming along!

DSCF7711.JPGDSCF7711.JPG

New injector plastic installed:

DSCF7712.JPGDSCF7712.JPG

Rear of injector assembly:

DSCF7713.JPGDSCF7713.JPG

Oh great.....whcy can't they all be the same size Hex posts???!!!

DSCF7716.JPGDSCF7716.JPG

Fixed! Plastic installed, as well as rear ramp:

DSCF7715.JPGDSCF7715.JPG

DSCF7717.JPGDSCF7717.JPG

Chris

#77 10 years ago

Annnnnd, I see a mistake. Damn it!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Chris

#78 10 years ago

Well, another pinball life order is needed One stupid hex post. I have no idea what happened here, one was a different size. I used it on the right plastic ramp that the wireform attaches into. Now the wireform is too low and hits the flasher dome on the lower right plastic. GGGGGGGG! Anyway, I thought I would post pics of where I am until I get this dang part

DSCF7717.JPGDSCF7717.JPG DSCF7719.JPGDSCF7719.JPG DSCF7720.JPGDSCF7720.JPG DSCF7722.JPGDSCF7722.JPG
#79 10 years ago

Looking great!!

#80 10 years ago

Well, another pinball life order is needed One stupid hex post.

Maybe you can steal one from another of your games, so you can keep moving on this one.

Robert

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Looking great!!

Thanks Should look decent once it's all done

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Maybe you can steal one from another of your games, so you can keep moving on this one.
Robert

The thought did cross my mind. T3 is next to be done, so maybe I can look around on that and see what I can find

Chris

#82 10 years ago

You're in the home stretch!

#83 10 years ago

Well, another pinball life order is needed One stupid hex post. I have no idea what happened here, one was a different size.

Chris,
I have a number of spare hex posts - if you haven't ordered, let me know, I may have what you need.

Buck (Mark)

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Buck:

Chris,
I have a number of spare hex posts - if you haven't ordered, let me know, I may have what you need.
Buck (Mark)

Thanks Mark!

I will measure the one at home tonight and let you know.

Thanks!

Chris

#85 10 years ago

I love reading these posts... from start to (nearly) end. Keep up the good work!

#86 10 years ago

Pretty much into the home stretch now.....

Then....extensive play testing

DSCF7726.JPGDSCF7726.JPG DSCF7727.JPGDSCF7727.JPG DSCF7728.JPGDSCF7728.JPG
#87 10 years ago

Looks great!

Robert

#88 10 years ago

looks great with the orange posts

#89 10 years ago

Almost there!

DSCF7730.JPGDSCF7730.JPG DSCF7731.JPGDSCF7731.JPG
#90 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The most pain in the ass part for me was the injector mech at the back of the game. When I got mine, the posts were installed upside down, so the rubber was in the wrong spot. I had to take it apart, and it's not an easy thing to get to given its location.

What is funny is that mine was exactly the same way! The rubber sat way too high. It didn't look right to me, then I realized the posts were upside down.

When I rebuilt it, I corrected that

Chris

#91 10 years ago

Looks great! Nice work! I need to fins this game close by to play it some more

#92 10 years ago

Topside is finished!! I think. Now tro tackle the demons....no solenoids all of a sudden, Switch errors, and some lights out that worked during the restore.

Will get to those, but here are some pics

DSCF7738.JPGDSCF7738.JPG
DSCF7740.JPGDSCF7740.JPG
DSCF7741.JPGDSCF7741.JPG
DSCF7742.JPGDSCF7742.JPG
DSCF7743.JPGDSCF7743.JPG
DSCF7744.JPGDSCF7744.JPG
DSCF7745.JPGDSCF7745.JPG
DSCF7746.JPGDSCF7746.JPG
DSCF7732.JPGDSCF7732.JPG
DSCF7733.JPGDSCF7733.JPG
DSCF7734.JPGDSCF7734.JPG
DSCF7735.JPGDSCF7735.JPG
DSCF7736.JPGDSCF7736.JPG
DSCF7737.JPGDSCF7737.JPG

#93 10 years ago

Good job Chris. Looks great!

#94 10 years ago

Did you install any LED's? I plan on starting mine soon and cant decide on the led's or not

#95 10 years ago

Very nice job! I think i will do my AB with orange posts as well.

What about orange Superbands for the flippers?

Norbert

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from PinBertl:

I put orange super bands on mine, and hated them. Airborne is a fast, in your face kind of game, and the super bands slowed it down too much. The game plays way better with regular orange rubber.

Interestingly, I put orange super bands on my Tron, and really like how it plays.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Good job Chris. Looks great!

Thanks! There some stuff in the pics that looks lke playfield wear, but is really just dust I need to snap more pics, LOL.

Quoted from Pinballer22:

Did you install any LED's? I plan on starting mine soon and cant decide on the led's or not

I did not. The regular incandescent bulbs have quite a "flicker" to them, and I thought LED's would accentuate the issue. Personally, I think it is plenty bright with regular bulbs, but there are many pain in the butt spots to get to so I can see how people might want LED's. See page 1 of this thread, and it was discussed a bit as well.

Quoted from PinBertl:

Very nice job! I think i will do my AB with orange posts as well.
Norbert

I have not had experience with super bands, but I might agree with Gweempose here. I will be ordering orange (and blue) flipper rubbers to match the colors better, but this game is so fast I think I will also stick with regular flipper rubbers.

Chris

#98 10 years ago

Preliminary first test - Some bugs to work out, but Not too bad! Don't mind the random flashes, I had the backglass out of the machine in this video.

Forgot how fun this game is!

Chris

1 week later
#99 10 years ago

I am officially calling this DONE!!! Woohoo!

The issue in the upper left was actually the diverter. I had forgotten to replace the "e" clip on the bottom of the diverter rod. This keeps it in the correct vertical position. As a result, when it would activate, it would drop a bit, and when it would go back to the other position it would not sit correctly. Got the E clip back on there (after having to dis-assemble most of the ramps again) and all seems well now!

Got the Cliffy (tm) right ramp protector in as well,
Will post final pics in a day or so, but everything seems to be good to go at this point.

This will likely make an appearance at the Allentown Pinfest show in May, in the Free Play area (NOT for sale, sorry! - unless you want to throw stupid money at me, LOL)

Hope you enjoyed the thread.

CHris

#100 10 years ago

Congrats, Chris! The game looks great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/airborne-shop-out-help-needed/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.