???????????_2024-02-02_161131094 (resized).png
IMG_1007 (resized).jpeg
73EBBCED-30F1-4E98-B101-953754FB9EA5 (resized).jpeg
53267E26-CC01-4E04-8C2C-295A3CEB394D (resized).jpeg
EE6B10ED-A1AD-4C18-A8F5-B66DD1B9BC39 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6115 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6113 (resized).JPEG
IMG20220706151344 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

I'm in the club. Got a great Aust delivered one a few months ago. I've got a few small repairs to do, add Cliffy protectors etc. but overall it plays great. If Herg gets his OCD working I'd consider doing the LED treatment.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Airborne is a super cool game with one kinda big flaw, and that's that it's too linear. If the modes were random instead of in the same order each time it would be a better game IMHO.

I like the linearity of the game - not a flaw if it's intentional. Nearly every arcade game was linear and we played those same levels over and over. Most non-linear games have an element of linearity anyway - just by virtue of the rules and how people work out the best scoring strategy. Who plays Metallica without bashing Sparky first?

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Me, all the time.
It's a flaw because it makes it not particularly interesting to own. That works fine in the arcade, which is what it was meant for, but for home use it's just a bit dull.

Hey man, this is the Airborne owners club you know. :shhh:Each to their own I guess. I see you like the designer Fernandez at least with a Flash Gordon in your collection and wanting an Electra.

8 months later
3 weeks later
#22 7 years ago

I'm in the middle of cleaning up my game and prepping it for the LED OCD conversion. I was having trouble accessing the back and couldn't help but think there's more to the playfield raising mechanism than I first thought. So I lifted it up and pulled it forward to a balancing position and the gently rested the front of the machine on the lock bar receiver. The base of the sling mechs are what's holding the game up. I can't help but think this is an intentional design and dang has it made accessing the back area easier. Some Stern type posts is all I'd need to make this perfect. Anyone seen this done before?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

He doesn't have Airbourne listed on his site anymore. But I should email him as well and get a Protector for that ramp as well. I hope he still has some. That Ledocd works pretty nicely on Airborne? I would love to see a video on YouTube of it in action!

I just finished a strip and clean of mine, including installing LEDs and the Capcom LED OCD today. It's a great mod. I'll post some side by side video when I can. I'm yet to fine tune the colours and will tone down the backbox and slings area.

Added over 8 years ago: Herg has since added the side by side video to the LED OCD for Capcom thread.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Anybody have any spare Capcom Airborne flipper parts for sale?

I just rebuilt mine using parts from PSPA and RTBB (Aust) Some were Capcom parts and some were the same or very similar.

1 week later
#38 7 years ago

I've posted this on the LED OCD for Capcom thread but thought I'd share it here too. If anyone is considering this board it's well with it. I've used mostly Comet 2smd and a few other globes I had spare. I also put in four spotlights which brings the overall light up nicely.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

I checked spare parts Australia and other places as well and have had no luck finding flipper parts. My flippers work fine but someone hacked them and instead of having machine screws for coil stops they just screwed in longer screws right through mounting bracket to bottom of playfield. I've thought about trying to change to Williams parts but I'm not sure if there is enough room for the brackets.

I will look up my last order and get some part numbers for you which might help. Give me a day or two. Are you after anything specific?

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Also forgot to mention I'm looking for someone to measure the translite trim on their Capcom Airborne for me. Mine came with a new translite with electrical taped translite to it! Also it is a plexi glass, if someone has the exact dimensions of the translite glass that would be really helpful as well. I have spare Williams back glass trim that I'm hoping to use but I can't test since I have a plexi of differnce size than original. Any help or measurements will help. Thanks in advance!

Here's the coil stops link:
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/coils/capcom/a-00378.html

I recently measured my AB and PM and it was 664mm wide by 50mm high. Here is the thread on Aussie Arcade forums.

Back glass size for Pinball Magic Capcom
http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=82611

2 weeks later
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Would love to join the club if anybody knows of one for sale

Indeed, these babies are twice as scarce as BBB going off Pinside ownership stats.

40 Airborne
82 Big Bang Bar
145 Pinball Magic

Woot! The club's hit two pages.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Right now I cannot find:
Plastic that goes in front of the speaker panel.
Show drop target decals (someone just sold a huge lot of them on here).
Flipper rebuild parts, mainly the plungers and links. Really surprised we cannot talk pps into this. Capcoms are uncommon, but between the 4 titles you have a fair number of potential buyers.
Looking for my pinball magic, but same parts. Side rails and the left backet that holds the head on.

I've just rebuilt the flippers on my Pinball Magic and my Airborne keeping most of the original parts but using some B/W parts. I've now taken it upon myself to see how many parts I can purchase to build two entire new flipper assemblies from parts available from the common vendors. I've got nearly everything and will post here when done so others can follow.

1 week later
#60 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I did it last year with my old PM. Could not find the plungers/links and used bw. This time around I found someone who says he has those parts, but we will see.

Keep us up to date. The BW ones are fine in my experience but originals would be nice to have access to.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

I need the back injector plastic for mine, and a new ramp. I bought the cluffy, and it covers the crack in the ramp, but I would love a new one. I want to try the LCD upgrade on mine soon too. But I really need the injector plastic. Any ideas?

Same here. A scan of one would be better than nothing and people could make their own with a decal. I also hope that someone makes a ramp.

10 months later
#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

bump as I joined the club recently.
can anyone confirm is standard flashers work fine in Capcom/Airborne? I have LEDOCD installed but it appears to only work correctly for the inserts and GI, not for flashers. Also I am not really a fan of LED flashers and the game came with backbox flashers but no flashers on bottom side of playfield. I am wondering if there is a reason the previous person left out the flashers under the pf?
Also, I need some new drop target decals. Anyone have spares or a source?
thanks in advance!

Standard incandescent flasher bulbs only when using LEDOCD. They blend with the LEDs just fine. I've been looking for those target decals for a couple of years and never found any. I had to use the Pinball Magic ones instead. Welcome to the club and I hope you enjoy the game.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just wanted to confirm before ordering...
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=28
#89 bulbs; 13v is correct for this?

Yep that's what I've got - but I think I used a few coloured ones to saturate things a bit more. I managed to rebuild two sets of Capcom flippers last year with new parts and only used BW plungers. Using the manual as a reference I was able to get all the parts I needed from PSPA, RTBB and Marco I recall. I can try and help you find bits if you need them.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

I need the back injector plastic for mine, and a new ramp. I bought the cluffy, and it covers the crack in the ramp, but I would love a new one. I want to try the LCD upgrade on mine soon too. But I really need the injector plastic. Any ideas?

I just bought a NOS one from PSPA. They must have found a box of them.

2 weeks later
#96 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Finally found one.... What is the latest ROM version? .. Don't want to make the same mistake as I did with my PM

Ipdb I suppose. There's this page too, but it links to ipdb.

http://pfutz.us/Capcom/index.htm

1 week later
#98 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I just bought a NOS one from PSPA. They must have found a box of them.
What's the plastic part number?

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/a-00483.html

3 weeks later
#116 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Thanks for the info! I'm not sure I want to tear wither apart just to add LED's at this point. Those sure were projects to shop out!
Chris

It's worth the effort. Especially with a bit of planning of bulb type, colour and positioning. Spotlights are a must too.

IMG_2857 (resized).JPGIMG_2857 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#123 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Trying to install a couple of LED light strips (backboard & apron ball lock) !
The issue I'm having is where I'm tapping from(GI) affects my light matrix, has anybody added extra lighting with no issues?

Yes I have installed a number of spotlights and LED strips including in the apron lock without issue.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Where did you get power for your apron ball eject? If I tap from the Lower GI my special lit always stays on ?
Pics would help ...

I will have a look and get back to you. I do know that I had to connect the LED strip wires to a particular two of the three possible tabs on the GI bulb. Otherwise the strip would stay lit. Pretty sure I connected it to the green insert to match behaviour of that insert - so not GI in that instance. I’ve got about 12 extra lights connected on my Airborne and all is okay.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Much appreciated

Okay so do you mean the ball lock? That area I lit using power from the green lock insert right next to it. I will check where it took power from for the shooter lane/eject area. Pretty sure it will be the closest GI - under the right ball guides. I also found that you can’t connect any wires to the tab with the diode band connected - just the other tabs. Then the connected led will behave the same as the light it powered from.

1 month later
#138 6 years ago
Quoted from AttilaK:

Guys, I just picked up an airborne and it came with no mechanism for the lock bar. Also, the backbox to lock the glass/translite in place is missing ... any idea where I can buy this or anyone here have some extra parts

You may find that the Capcom receivers are the same as other brands. Perhaps Sega? In any case see if you can compare some online pictures and you may be able to get something from the US that does the job.

1 week later
#145 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

HAS anyone parted out an airbourne mine arrived today without the mechanisims for the skill shot the unit that directs the ball into 3 lanes controlled by the flippers the backboard and lights all there but the all the parts all except the coil are missing bought as in VG come every time this happens i say never again buy sight unseen and take someone at his word lucky its a small number that do screw you over but shit its disappointing

Ah what a bugger. You could try PinBertl who had a few parts a while back. He’s in Austria if pspa is no good.

1 week later
#148 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Is there a direct flasher in this game that works only in Multiball?
Trying to incorporate a topper idea that will function only in multiball!

Let me guess. A rotating beacon? I don’t think there is but I’ll keep an eye out on my game for you.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Yes sir .... Rotating beacon.... Would like to have one/them come on but only in multiball!
Any ideas would help !

I was thinking about that too. Will let you know if I have any ideas.

1 week later
#152 6 years ago
Quoted from rmcelwee:

The female voice stopped working on my Airborne (the male voice still works). I cannot see any reference to this in the manual. Any ideas on where to look?

So does the guy still say “Oh Joy” after she reports for duty? But you just don’t hear her?

3 weeks later
#155 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

can someone advise me on game play
the first challange is to buzz the tower now there is a diverter behind the tower that would send the ball down the wire forms to the right hand ball return
this diverter works ok in tests but has never worked in the game also on ball launch the dmd displays the action of the injector but injector does not work on ball start but it works ok when ball is hit up the right hand ramp
thanks for any help

That’s right for the injector. It’s a skill shot which you only have one chance to achieve - so it only activates when the ball is up there.

3 weeks later
#160 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Anyone an idea where I could get a triple transmitter board, as used in the ball trough? At Marco they are sold out, and apparently no new manufacturer as of yet. A working one from a parted out machine would do as well .
tomdk by any chance?

Any of theses do?

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/a0010901-t.html

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/a0015702-3r.html

#163 6 years ago

The part number 15702-3R you listed is he same as the product I linked to. I think their photo is wrong. May be worth an email to them to confirm.

2 months later
#171 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Yes sir .... Rotating beacon.... Would like to have one/them come on but only in multiball!
Any ideas would help !

Have been watching out for this and think the rear right flasher is the one to tap into. It does go off at other times during the game but flashes about once a second during multiball. A rotating beacon might be a bit of a dud but an orange 12v LED beacon would be okay I reckon. Maybe attach a second beacon to the left flasher.

3 weeks later
#182 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Does know of a 12v source I can clip 2 alligator clips to run my pinstadiums from.....clipping them directly to a GI bulb causes them to flicker uncontrollably during gameplay and is a big mess!

I take it you don’t have LEDs in your machine with LEDOCD board for Capcom? If not you will get that flicker effect when connecting an LED to any of the bulbs. Someone in this or the pinball magic thread was developing a power tap i recall so you could add 12v mods.

Edit. Here it is. http://www.kimballspinballs.com/capcom-games/

2 years later
#215 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Anyone know where I can locate a right-side ramp? I'm talking about the plastic ramp mounted along the right side with a 'Y' in it that can either be fed by the shooter lane or a side shot to the ramp.
I saw someone posted a FS ad on Facebook last year with an NOS one but of course after all this time the person hasn't replied to my PM and I really can't say that I blame them considering how long ago it was.
Any help is appreciated

I think PinBertl had a couple but that was about three years ago?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/airborne-club-cleared-for-takeoff-on-runway-4q?tu=dmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.