???????????_2024-02-02_161131094 (resized).png
IMG_1007 (resized).jpeg
73EBBCED-30F1-4E98-B101-953754FB9EA5 (resized).jpeg
53267E26-CC01-4E04-8C2C-295A3CEB394D (resized).jpeg
EE6B10ED-A1AD-4C18-A8F5-B66DD1B9BC39 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6115 (resized).JPEG
IMG_6113 (resized).JPEG
IMG20220706151344 (resized).jpg
There are 325 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Having the drop target decals reproduced ... If anybody is need let me know so that I can add to my order! These will be done on a high impact resistant decal!
Price to determined and shipping when I have a zip code!
Will mail in envelopes so pricing can be kept as low as possible !

yes please. I will take 2 sets.

#102 6 years ago

Will add to list , will PM when they are done !

Quoted from Whysnow:yes please. I will take 2 sets.

#103 6 years ago

Looking for a restored Airborne or at least super nice condition. Send me a message if you have one

#104 6 years ago

Mine finally arrived ....

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#105 6 years ago

blue display looks tits!

What is it?

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

blue display looks tits!
What is it?

Spare XPin

#107 6 years ago

Looks good! Everything arrive safely?

Chris

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Looks good! Everything arrive safely?

Very nerve wracking however it came better than excepted, hate buying sight unseen. The seller went well out of his way to ensure proper packing!
She arrived Friday, by Sunday installed the OCDLED all the bulbs changed the display(original perfect) changed to spare XPin. Attached her to a subwoofer.
My left flipper seems a little weak so will check it when I have sometime and the Cliffy's protectors came yesterday !
Hope all is well with you Chris?

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Very nerve wracking however it came better than excepted, hate buying sight unseen. The seller went well out of his way to ensure proper packing!
She arrived Friday, by Sunday installed the OCDLED all the bulbs changed the display(original perfect) changed to spare XPin. Attached her to a subwoofer.
My left flipper seems a little weak so will check it when I have sometime and the Cliffy's protectors came yesterday !
Hope all is well with you Chris?

Glad it went well for you! Things are ok. Was it hard to install the OCDLED board in the capcom?

Chris

#110 6 years ago

Glad it went well for you! Things are ok. Was it hard to install the OCDLED board in the capcom?

Not at all ... The OCDLED is a breeze to put in , really made a huge difference in way the game looks, installed it in the pinball magic as well!

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Not at all ... The OCDLED is a breeze to put in , really made a huge difference in way the game looks, installed it in the pinball magic as well!

Thanks for the info! I'm not sure I want to tear wither apart just to add LED's at this point. Those sure were projects to shop out!

Chris

#112 6 years ago

I want to tear wither apart just to add LED'

Did mine with out removing anything from the top ! No tear down required!

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Did mine with out removing anything from the top ! No tear down required!

Yeah I have the LEDOCD in mine and there was no tear down required for switching to LEDs.....though those pop bumper caps can be a biatch to get to them screws!!!

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

..though those pop bumper caps can be a biatch to get to them screws

Didn't get to them yet ... The only ones I didn't do.... Are the 555, 44/47's ????????

#115 6 years ago

So you don't use LED's in the GI? I am confused

Chris

#116 6 years ago

Thanks for the info! I'm not sure I want to tear wither apart just to add LED's at this point. Those sure were projects to shop out!
Chris

It's worth the effort. Especially with a bit of planning of bulb type, colour and positioning. Spotlights are a must too.

IMG_2857 (resized).JPGIMG_2857 (resized).JPG

#117 6 years ago

You can use LEDs everywhere , the only thing you cannot change to LED is the flasher bulbs .. 89/906

#118 6 years ago

Does anybody have/or can make a scan of the missile plastics that mount on each side of the ball lock jet?

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Didn't get to them yet ... The only ones I didn't do.... Are the 555, 44/47's ????????

Honestly I can't remember....I'll have to check my manual.

Chris

All the GI lights can be reached from underneath the PF....except the pops and tower lights.

#120 6 years ago

Had these cards made by Toyotaboy! Did send him some dollars for his effort, please feel free to use them if you like. Should you be so inclined perhaps a dollar donation could be made for his effort ...

#121 6 years ago

very cool!

1 month later
#122 6 years ago

Trying to install a couple of LED light strips (backboard & apron ball lock) !
The issue I'm having is where I'm tapping from(GI) affects my light matrix, has anybody added extra lighting with no issues?

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Trying to install a couple of LED light strips (backboard & apron ball lock) !
The issue I'm having is where I'm tapping from(GI) affects my light matrix, has anybody added extra lighting with no issues?

Yes I have installed a number of spotlights and LED strips including in the apron lock without issue.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

ave installed a number of spotlights and LED strips including in the apron lock without issue

Where did you get power for your apron ball eject? If I tap from the Lower GI my special lit always stays on ?
Pics would help ...

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Where did you get power for your apron ball eject? If I tap from the Lower GI my special lit always stays on ?
Pics would help ...

I will have a look and get back to you. I do know that I had to connect the LED strip wires to a particular two of the three possible tabs on the GI bulb. Otherwise the strip would stay lit. Pretty sure I connected it to the green insert to match behaviour of that insert - so not GI in that instance. I’ve got about 12 extra lights connected on my Airborne and all is okay.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

I will have a look and get back to you.

Much appreciated

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Much appreciated

Okay so do you mean the ball lock? That area I lit using power from the green lock insert right next to it. I will check where it took power from for the shooter lane/eject area. Pretty sure it will be the closest GI - under the right ball guides. I also found that you can’t connect any wires to the tab with the diode band connected - just the other tabs. Then the connected led will behave the same as the light it powered from.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

. I also found that you can’t connect any wires to the tab with the diode band connected - just the other tabs. Then the connected led will behave the same as the light it powered from.

Perhaps that's the issue, will try that ... Assuming you are running of the "lock ball " light then your kick back lane only lights up when the "lock ball " is lit?
That's for your time...

1 month later
#129 6 years ago

Had sometime over the holiday so I added a light strip over the back board, lit up the scoops and the lower left ball eject... Much brighter....

#130 6 years ago

Looks great!

#131 6 years ago

Love my Capcoms!

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Love my Capcoms!

Me too!

Unfortunately I have or have had all the Capcom machines I can afford Might look into getting another Flipper Football. That was an interesting one for sure.

For now, I am lucky to have what I do. And if you have a keen eye, you can see into the future.........

DSCF1227 (resized).JPGDSCF1227 (resized).JPG DSCF1226 (resized).JPGDSCF1226 (resized).JPG

Chris

#133 6 years ago

Unfortunately I have or have had all the Capcom machines I can afford Might look into getting another Flipper Football. That

Nice one posted in the market! Was going to reach out but my distro made me pay for my Houdini and with our crappy dollar I'm $9600 in the hole!
You have some great games Chris, hope you resolve your TOTAN issues!

#134 6 years ago

Guys, I just picked up an airborne and it came with no mechanism for the lock bar. Also, the backbox to lock the glass/translite in place is missing ... any idea where I can buy this or anyone here have some extra parts

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from AttilaK:

. any idea where I can buy this or anyone here have some extra parts

$95.00 at Pinball Spare Parts Australia

#136 6 years ago

Thanks... yeah, I was looking at that and think it is pretty expensive + shipping. I may have no choice though ... appreciate the quick response.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from AttilaK:

pretty expensive

Don't think so the Canadian dollar is better the Australian dollar .. So with your dollar shouldn't be so bad!

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from AttilaK:

Guys, I just picked up an airborne and it came with no mechanism for the lock bar. Also, the backbox to lock the glass/translite in place is missing ... any idea where I can buy this or anyone here have some extra parts

You may find that the Capcom receivers are the same as other brands. Perhaps Sega? In any case see if you can compare some online pictures and you may be able to get something from the US that does the job.

#139 6 years ago

looking at picking up a airbourne soon i already know of a few plastics broken has anyone got some spare plstics that they would part with

thank you

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

looking at picking up a airbourne soon i already know of a few plastics broken has anyone got some spare plstics that they would part with
thank you

Pinball Spare Parts Australia has some of the plastics. Marco used to as well, but I am nt sure anymore. Do you know whick plastics are broken? If you search on PSPA's site, make sure you search Capcom and not just Airborne, as not all the stuff comes up when searching specific games (I found that out first hand).

Chris

#141 6 years ago

HAS anyone parted out an airbourne
mine arrived today without the mechanisims for the skill shot the unit that directs the ball into 3 lanes controlled by the flippers the backboard and lights all there but the all the parts all except the coil are missing
bought as in VG cond every time this happens i say never again buy sight unseen and take someone at his word lucky its a small number that do screw you over but shit its disappointing

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

unit that directs the ball into 3 lanes controlle

Part is readily available at pinball spare parts Australia ... Available as plastic and complete assembly

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Part is readily available at pinball spare parts Australia ... Available as plastic and complete assembly

Seen that thanks 2 main components but the bits ill have to manufactor but at the least the main parts are there

THAnks For THE help

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

components but the bits ill have to manufactor but at the least the main parts are there

What are you missing ... I have a complete assembly as a back up and it's complete

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

HAS anyone parted out an airbourne mine arrived today without the mechanisims for the skill shot the unit that directs the ball into 3 lanes controlled by the flippers the backboard and lights all there but the all the parts all except the coil are missing bought as in VG come every time this happens i say never again buy sight unseen and take someone at his word lucky its a small number that do screw you over but shit its disappointing

Ah what a bugger. You could try PinBertl who had a few parts a while back. He’s in Austria if pspa is no good.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

HAS anyone parted out an airbourne
mine arrived today without the mechanisims for the skill shot the unit that directs the ball into 3 lanes controlled by the flippers the backboard and lights all there but the all the parts all except the coil are missing
bought as in VG cond every time this happens i say never again buy sight unseen and take someone at his word lucky its a small number that do screw you over but shit its disappointing

I have also this kind of mechanic mounted to the backboard ..... if you want it 25 bucks plus shipping from Germany to you.

1 week later
#147 6 years ago

Is there a direct flasher in this game that works only in Multiball?
Trying to incorporate a topper idea that will function only in multiball!

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Is there a direct flasher in this game that works only in Multiball?
Trying to incorporate a topper idea that will function only in multiball!

Let me guess. A rotating beacon? I don’t think there is but I’ll keep an eye out on my game for you.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Let me guess. A rotating beacon? I don’t think there is but I’ll keep an eye out on my game for you.

Yes sir .... Rotating beacon.... Would like to have one/them come on but only in multiball!
Any ideas would help !

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Yes sir .... Rotating beacon.... Would like to have one/them come on but only in multiball!
Any ideas would help !

I was thinking about that too. Will let you know if I have any ideas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 325 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/airborne-club-cleared-for-takeoff-on-runway-4q/page/3?hl=walleyefisher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.