(Topic ID: 300015)

Airborne Avenger disconnected Mystery Wire, should I connect or not?

By Bumper

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Bumper
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“To plug or Not to plug?”

• Go ahead, plug it in. 2 votes
    40%
  • Don't plug in!!! 3 votes
    60%
  • Not sure 0 votes

(5 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Atari_Illustrated_Parts_Catalog_March_10_1978_600.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7078 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I have two loose wires hanging in the cabinets with connectors that look to be fitting, but one wire is green and the other is white/blue?
It measures about 18V DC and 9V AC between them.

According to the schema Green is CABINET GW_COMMON and WHT/BLU is COIN 1 and +5V

Can I break something if I plug it in? What should I do?

Atari_Illustrated_Parts_Catalog_March_10_1978_600.pdfAtari_Illustrated_Parts_Catalog_March_10_1978_600.pdfIMG_7078 (resized).jpgIMG_7078 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Yes you can break something if you connect the two wires. Why do you want to make the connection? Is something not working? Trace each wire back to the connection point and reference the schematic.

#3 2 years ago

Sounds like a very bad idea. More investigation is needed.

#4 2 years ago

I was able to get it running after replacing fuses and plugging in the other cables. It starts a game, sounds and most lights but the solenoids are not working (which is most likely caused by a defective Bridge Rectifier). This is the last mystery cable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/airborne-avenger-disconnected-mystery-wire-should-i-connect-or-not and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.