Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IJ-bumbs.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hi!

For some reason, at sometimes, when the player hits the three stand-up targets shown in the attached picture, the ball jumps and hits the glass heavily. I suspect actually that the culprit is the stand-up target circled in the picture below. Each time it almost gives me the creeps!

How could I get rid of such airbumps?

Thanks for any info!

IJ-bumbs.jpgIJ-bumbs.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Known problem with the game. That's also why there's a ball save for a standup switch hit to outlane drain.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Known problem with the game. That's also why there's a ball save for a standup switch hit to outlane drain.

This.

#4 10 years ago

Happens to mine all the time,never heard a reliable fix, just something to live with

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Happens to mine all the time,never heard a reliable fix, just something to live with

Me too.

#6 10 years ago

You can try weaker flippers, but the already hard to complete ramps just get harder....

#7 10 years ago

Ok - I guess I just gotta get used to it. I just really hate it, I gives me each time such jitters that I soon have learned to dislike the game!

#8 10 years ago

You could extend the Jackpot plastic way out over the drops, Transformers Power Pack style

#9 10 years ago

Hmm, the Transformers power pack does not ring any bells for me, sorry...

#10 10 years ago

I had this problem with mine when I first bought the machine. Back in the day I read of a fix on RGP - over time the targets seem to yield a bit and slightly bend leading to air balls when hit. I replaced the three targets with new ones and replaced the spring in the mechanism. Never had a problem with air balls since.

Scott

2 weeks later
#11 10 years ago

I bended the big bank-target -related part under the playfield a bit so that the targets are leaning more forward. That seems to help a bit.

#12 10 years ago

If your game is clean and the flippers are in good mechanical condition, step down to the orange coils.
Williams over-powered them (blue coils)for on-location dirty playfields.
The orange coils should be fine in a home environment where the game is kept clean and waxed.
Plus your less likely to break stuff.
I can hit the ramps with either flipper (back handed too) with the orange coils. Then again I am a professional. :p

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,419.00
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,000 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/airballs-with-wms-ij and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.