• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by kvan99
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys,first post!

I'm very new to the whole Repair/Resotoration thing and I've had my Simpsons since the late 90's and am just now starting to fix some issues with it. One (that came with the machine) is that if I shoot the ball with the Left Flipper (and enough force) it will hit the 3 Bank,bounce up and hit the Playfield Glass. I have not attempted to replace any of the Playfield Rubber yet

So im thinking it's either the: Flipper Rubber,Flipper Coil or Playfield Leveling

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Pete

#2 5 years ago

It's the flipper coils, they're just too powerful for the game. DE Simpsons is a great pin but be prepared for many, many airballs, especially off of the three-bank. This is why you so see many Simpsons with broken plastics, and also the ball seems to hit the side of the yellow habitrail a lot, so the yellow powdercoat is often peeling.

You get a sense after a while of how to make shots to minimize the frequency of airball shots, but they never entirely end.

#3 5 years ago

Williams mated correct coils to the games so airballs and such were reduced, sadly it seems D.E. games did not have the benefit of that kind of testing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside