You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180105_141053~2 (resized).jpg
20180105_141101~2 (resized).jpg
20180101_173359~2 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Now that I've had this pin for a couple weeks and am really getting a feel for it, I've noticed that there are a lot of airballs. Is this common? I searched the forum and couldn't find this being much of a complaint. I'm wondering if the guy I bought it from increased the power of the flippers, as they seem to launch the ball really hard, and hitting the drop targets will often send the ball into the air and onto one of the habitrails. I've also noticed that the upper left kicking target will cause an airball quite often. I've attached a picture as I'm wondering if it has something to do with the way it's positioned/angled? (The right one is missing the plastic cover which I've ordered).

Thanks for your help!

20180101_173359~2 (resized).jpg20180101_173359~2 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Does it have the right (narrower) flipper rubbers on it, and are they seated into the grooves of the flipper bats well?

What part number are the coils on the flippers?

Has the transformer maybe been high tapped?

#3 6 years ago

No plastic on the right one...due to the center target...two switches one this one. As Zacaj says check coils...the left one could be the same as the left bottom Ra's bracelet or the one near bumpers

#4 6 years ago

I've attached pictures of the flippers. The rubber appears to be seated properly and they don't look narrow from what I can tell. The part number on the coils is A-25959.

Thanks!

20180105_141101~2 (resized).jpg20180105_141101~2 (resized).jpg

20180105_141053~2 (resized).jpg20180105_141053~2 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

Is the mylar lifted?
It looks ok from the pics, but thought I'd ask.

#6 6 years ago

I sometimes have air balls from the drop targets resetting but never from the left glidder craft target.
It's kind of cool when the ball lands on the habitrail or falls in the plunger lane.
I never felt my plastics were in danger and this is not frequent enough for me to worry.

#7 6 years ago

I see a V shape in the vertical direction of your flipper rubbers. I think they sit too high by a tiny amount. They appear to be the proper narrower model though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/airballs-in-stargate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.