Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170519_231724 (resized).jpg
IMG_7621 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

I have an Aerosmith LE and let's just say the game to a keeper for me! I love it but it had a flaw that I must fix. Sorry if this has been posted but I couldn't find it. Anyway, the tall light post by the toy box. Ball launches and gets stuck between the lite post and ramp. Anyone else experiencing this? If so have you addressed it and how?

#2 6 years ago

Having same issue. Friend has a pro and the space is wider so it doesn't get stuck

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I have an Aerosmith LE and let's just say the game to a keeper for me! I love it but it had a flaw that I must fix. Sorry if this has been posted but I couldn't find it. Anyway, the tall light post by the toy box. Ball launches and gets stuck between the lite post and ramp. Anyone else experiencing this? If so have you addressed it and how?

I have an LE also, can you post a pic of what area you are talking about? I can take a look at mine for you.

#4 6 years ago

Right by the post and ramp. Where you see the text above it in front of the light post.

IMG_7621 (resized).JPGIMG_7621 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago

Happens frequently for me as well. Someone let MacGyver know we need a fix...

#6 6 years ago

I've got well over 100 plays on my LE and this has never happened to me.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Sanfordpk:

I've got well over 100 plays on my LE and this has never happened to me.

Have you managed to lock a ball yet ?

#8 6 years ago

I havent had this issue on mine. The ball does go in this area often but never stuck.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Have you managed to lock a ball yet ?

No, 100 plays and I haven't locked a ball yet....

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Sanfordpk:

No, 100 plays and I haven't locked a ball yet....

I wasn't being serious mate.

#11 6 years ago

I think I got it fixed. After looking at it the rail it was not installed correctly. So we will see how it goes.

#12 6 years ago

Just played a pro for the first time
Like the flow and toys

However lot of jump balls by the toy box / left ramp
Ones ball got stuck

Also twice the toy box did not open to catch the ball

I'm thinking of getting one but are there fixes in place or worked on?

#13 6 years ago

On a pro during a launch party we had the ball getting stuck there on one machine but not the other. On closer inspection we found the issue. All we had to do to fix it was rotate the cable tie that holds the lamp wiring to the post. You want the cable tie head facing towards Jacky and not towards the wireform. Hope that helps.

#14 6 years ago

Happened yet again...

20170519_231724 (resized).jpg20170519_231724 (resized).jpg

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Happened yet again...

That appears to be sitting against the zip tie protruded part. Would it help to rotate the protruded part away from the left side of the post?

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

On a pro during a launch party we had the ball getting stuck there on one machine but not the other. On closer inspection we found the issue. All we had to do to fix it was rotate the cable tie that holds the lamp wiring to the post. You want the cable tie head facing towards Jacky and not towards the wireform. Hope that helps.

Your picture proves my previous post. Just rotate that black cable tie clockwise. Problem solved.

#17 6 years ago

Who would have thought that zip tie orientation is critical for the engineering to work out perfect. Bet they talk about this in their morning meeting at the Stern factory.

#18 6 years ago

personally i'd just slide the zip tie up beyond the reach of the ball and you will have even more clearance. Took about 2 sec to see what the problem was.

#19 6 years ago

Personally I'm done with nib sterns...

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Personally I'm done with nib sterns...

Because of a zip tie? Really?? Lol

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That appears to be sitting against the zip tie protruded part. Would it help to rotate the protruded part away from the left side of the post?

Heh... I did... and it must have moved back. Too many Captains to notice that night.

#22 6 years ago

Maybe it needs a patented sneeze guard like POTC

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 8.00
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/air-balls-and-aerosmith?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.