• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by edednedy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hello All,
After completion of my grand prize Bowler it seems I have caught the bug.
I purchased a Bally's Air Aces and could use some information on set up.
It came with bright LED lamps and I would like to change back to the original to someone know that number in the lamp I should purchase? Also can someone recommend the playfield angle that this machine is supposed to be at or one that will work better?

Thanks in advance,
Mully

#2 1 year ago

#47 bulbs, the machines take a lot so order accordingly and then add some more. Try a 5.5-degree angle.

#3 1 year ago

The original lamps are #44 bayonet base miniature lamps.
47s will work, but they are not quite as bright as 44s. 44s burn a little hotter, so some of us prefer to use 47s behind the backglass because they are cooler. "Air Aces" is one of those Bally games which always seems to have a perfect backglass. If you're not leaving the game turned on for hours at a time, and the room is not cold, you should be OK with 44s, and they'll make the glass shine with the intended brightness.

#4 1 year ago

Thank you gentlemen I will give it a try.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Thank you gentlemen I will give it a try.

Why the downvote, Mully???

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Oh... So sorry! I did mean to do that, Im new here. Not sure what down vote is but it does not sound good. Thanks for your reply!

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Quoted from Mully911:

Oh... So sorry! I did mean to do that, Im new here. Not sure what down vote is but it does not sound good. Thanks for your reply!

Mully911 , you can remove the downvote by clicking on it

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Understood.... ok!

#9 1 year ago

Hey gang,
How do I properly set the play field angle to 5.5° as suggested above? I have a digital level.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Hey gang,
How do I properly set the play field angle to 5.5° as suggested above? I have a digital level.

Raise or lower the back leg levelers until you reach the desired pitch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
£ 90.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Retro Electro Designs
Decorations
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
BK Pinball
Cabinet parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/air-aices-my-first-pinair-is-my-first-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.