20200916_212812.jpg
24cef3e91ae604c88022e05768efc1125ef5af67.png (1).png
24cef3e91ae604c88022e05768efc1125ef5af67.png.png
pasted_image (resized).png
0Air-Aces-Work-04 (resized).jpg
0Air-Aces-Work-03 (resized).jpg
schema 2 (resized).PNG
schema 1 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

Hi knxwledge
not yet "troubleshooting" - in a functioning Air Aces we press the Credit-Button - the Credit-Relay pulls in and makes the Coin-Relay to actuate (I'd prefer the name Start-Relay instead of Coin-Relay). Bally pins are dangerous - they operate 110VAC and most of the coils 48VAC - current can kill You - ALWAYS wear rubber gloves or use an wooden stick when You want to activate an relay manually (or work in the pin). Please try: Activate the Coin-Relay to start a new game.
I am interested in: You have "started" a game - You do not play through the balls, You toggle-off the main power switch - NOW look at the Game-Over-Relay and toggle-on the main power switch - big question: Doing so - does the Game-Over-Relay actuate (trips) ?
I live in Switzerland - about 8 hours ahead of You - soon I will go to sleep. Greetings Rolf

#5 3 years ago

Hi Dylan
see my JPG - encircled green, B --- look up in the schematics at E33 to E43 and You will see that for stepping the Score-Drums of Player-1 and Player-2 BOTH ( #1 and #2) Reset-Relays are involved. Also You will see that for stepping the Score-Drums of Player-3 and Player-4 BOTH ( #1 and #2) Reset-Relays are involved. In post-1 You write "... but Player-1 and Player-2 Score-Reels do not zero-out ..." - what exactly does happen ? Please toggle-off the pin, unplug the 110VAC plug (Safety Reasons) and step all the Score-Drums of Player-1 and Player-2 to "position one" - then plug-in, toggle-on, "start" a game - wait until no Score-Drum of Player-1 and -2 is stepped anymore - WHAT do the Score-Drums show ? (theoretical example 38610, 43720)

I am not familiar with Bally pins - look here (WILLIAMS) https://www.ipdb.org/files/415/Williams_1968_Cabaret_Instruction_Manual_no_schematics.pdf on page-15 (ori-13) on the bottom: Three switches do actuate --- in my JPG "green A, green B, green C" I show on Air Aces, tens-Score-Drum of Player-1 the three switches and also I show the colors of the wires soldered-on. Please take-out the tens-Score-Drum of Player-1 - try to locate these three switches - see how they operate (open / close) when You manually step the drum ?

See in the JPG "blue stuff and brown stuff" --- when the Score-Motor is running (trying to reset, to step the Score-Drums forward to position-zero) --- within a full revolution of the motor: #1-Score-Reset-Relay does rhythmically activate - deactivate - activate - deactivate etc. - 10 times in a full revolution of the motor --- and the #2-Score-Reset-Relay does this 12 times in a full revolution --- question: In Your pin do the #1- and #2-Reset-Relay rhythmically activate - deactivate - activate - deactivate etc. when Your pin does try to start / reset ?

Your answer in post-3 "... cannot test if the game-over-relay trips ..." is not an answer to what I asked You to do (my post-2) - Please WATCH the Game-Over-Relay while You toggle-on the main power switch - does the Game-Over-Relay actuate (while You toggle-on the main power switch) ? Greetings Rolf

0Air-Aces-Work-03 (resized).jpg0Air-Aces-Work-03 (resized).jpg
#9 3 years ago

Hi Dylan
I would not lube stuff in the pin. I do not take apart Units until several tests I made tell me "must take apart and clean".
Fine - in post-6 You write "#1 and #2 Reset-Relays" do rhythmically activate and deactivate and so on while the motor is running.
I assume in the beginning of Your post-6 are the end-positions of the Score-Drums --- the drums of Player-4 are fully functioning - when checking switches on other drums refer to the switches / drums on Player-4.

See the JPG - I tried to visualize Your results - in the right bottom corner of the JPG: We stand behind the pin and look into the Backbox - I do not see a pattern in the results. Well on the Switches of #1-Reset-Relay the wire-30-Yellow does hop from one switch (a switchblade of the switch) to next switch to next switch to next switch, the same on #2-Reset-Relay-Switches - please inspect these switches - has wire-30-Yellow somewhere broken, broken-off the solder-lug so the rest of the switches not have connection to wire-30-Yellow ?

I had a look at Your video --- the Game-Over-Relay-TRIP-Coil is the one NOT having attached the Nylon-Ladder (the bottom coil in the video). I have the impression that the TRIP-Coil faulty gets always current - faulty activates all the time. In the JPG on the right I show the snippet of schematics for the Game-Over -TRIP-Coil - please inspect the Switch on the (steady pulling) Lock-Relay - truely open ? Please try: The pin is toggled-off - manually reset the Ball-Count-Unit - then toggle-on, start a game - what happens ?
(See in the JPG) A wire-Yellow-Black runs from one lug on the TRIP-Coil to "Switch mounted on the Game-Over-Relay" - have the pin toggled-off and manually latch and trip and latch and trip the relay - does this switch open when You trip - does the switch close when You latch ? Greetings Rolf

0Air-Aces-Work-04 (resized).jpg0Air-Aces-Work-04 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/air-aces-won-t-start-a-game?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.