Air Aces Player 4 10,000 Score Reel Switch Blades 02 (resized).jpg
Air Aces Player 4 10,000 Score Reel 02 (resized).jpg
Air Aces Player 4 10,000 Score Reel Switch Blades 01 (resized).jpg
Air Aces Player 4 10,000 Score Reel 01 (resized).jpg
Air Aces Score Adjustment Card and Plug (resized).jpg
Air Aces Bonus Adjustment Card and Plug (resized).jpg
2019-02-06 16.05.40.jpg
Air Aces Game Adjustments (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skidave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Glad to see you moved your questions here.

Th inserts need to be leveled and then glued. To change the score for replay, there is a connector on the bottom of the playfield for adjustments. The number of games per quarter adjustment is by the fuses. You will see connectors there, along with ball per game. Hopefully you have the connector cards on the sides of the cabinet when you open the coin door.

Check you switch alignment on the score reels and the one that is sticking, may need cleaned.

The pop bumper and extra ball would need some research in the schematic. I would make sure all your Jones plugs are clean and seated all the way before you start adjusting switch blades. They plug in under the playfield in the back of the relay board.

#8 5 years ago

Here is my setup. 2 credits per coin, no 3rd coin shoot, 3 balls per game and credit for special.

20190207_113213 (resized).jpg20190207_113213 (resized).jpg
#11 5 years ago

Your red box is credit / extra ball for special. They wrote it as high score. If you look at that connector, only two wires are used on the connector. Moving it up and having all 4 pins in the sockets changes it to extra ball (the two pins that are not used do nothing).

Enjoy

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from RayJ:

Maybe the confusion comes from the thought I had read that this game, and other Bally machines of the era, had a high score feature.
Something that if you set the high score you received 3 replays/free games. Maybe I read it on a score card or something.
[quoted image]

That 3 credits for high score is for Bally early Solid State games. That scares the crap out of my kids when they get a high score.

Cool find on the coin. Keep it in there somewhere for good Karma!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skidave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/air-aces-issues-anomalies-advice?tu=skidave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.