I posted previously in the "Tech Generic" forum and was advised to repost my problems in the EM Tech forum, so here it goes....
Any advice and/or guidance is greatly appreciated.
I recently purchased the game I played in my youth, Bally's Air Aces, and when I got it home realized there were many issues/anomalies with the game.
I was able to "fix" many of the issues by adjusting the gaps in the switch blades on all of the 10-pointers including the slingshots, but I still have some minor issues I would like to remedy and some questions on how to make some adjustments.
I have the wiring diagram/schematic, but I am not great at reading schematics so if any advice could be more in the realm of "look under the playfield or behind this item and see that relay or whatever and check to see if something is unscrewed, loose, or disconnected."
These are the issues/anomalies I would like to remedy:
1. The Right Pop Bumper sometimes gives Extra Ball without landing ball in the Extra Ball Kick-out Hole.
This doesn't happen always, and it seems even less so after adjusting the gap in the switch blade on the 10-pointer just below the pop bumper.
Is there a potential short across Pop bumper or switch blade and the Kick-out hole?
2. Player 4 score reels do not advance past 09990; rollover to 000000.
Is this is a mechanical issue in which the 1,000 reel is just not pulling/pushing the 10,000 reel over, or is this an electrical signal not getting through? I haven't taken the back cover off to investigate this issue yet, I am hoping it is a safe assumption that this would be where the problem exists regardless of whether it was electrical or mechanical.
3. Some Bonus Lamp covers are loose and not flush with playing surface causing some redirection of ball path.
I received a recommendation to glue inserts back in at proper height to the playfield. How is this accomplished?
Do I need to remove the insert completely, clean them and then re-insert and re-glue?
I want to be able to get them flush with the playfield surface and not make it worse than it is.
Are there any tutorials in this site on something seemingly simple as this?
In addition, can someone please provide instructions on how to make adjustments to the game characteristics?
4. How do you adjust the score required for replay?
5. How do you adjust the number of games per quarter?
6. How do you adjust the number of balls per game?
7. How do you adjust the bonus required to light the double bonus and/or extra ball kick out holes?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.