• Latest reply 3 years ago by Izzydorio
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

reset (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

I have a Bally Air Aces which behaves erratic regarding assigning an extra ball to a player.
Often when the ball has drained and the bonus is being added to the player' score, the extra ball light lights up and the player is assigned an extra ball.
Sometimes it also happen during a game, while a player is nowhere near the kickout-hole which is supposed to activate the reward.

There's no pattern in the mis-attributuion: it can happen during any ball for any player at any score.

Attached is the relevant part of the schematic; full schematic here: https://www.ipdb.org/files/28/Bally_1975_Air_Aces_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf

I don't really understand what actually activates the coil, even in a normal scenario (when the feature light is enabed and the player plays the ball in the 'enabled' kick-off hole.

To me it seems like a dirty contact problem.
Any ideas?

reset (resized).pngreset (resized).png
#2 3 years ago

Well.. after cleaning the extra ball relay contacts, thinking it was a "break" contact opening because of vibrations or dirt on the contacts, the problem still persisting...

All of a sudden it hit my mind that it was not happening randomly... but always when crossing the 25000 points mark.

I checked the "bonus adjustment" feature and yeah indeed; that was what's being dictated..

So all in all, everything works fine, just a minor case of PEBKAC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/air-aces-erratic-extra-ball-assignment?hl=peruman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.