• BBB 1 vote
    2%

(44 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20210124_112302 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Hi there,
I am seriously thinking of trading my AIQ for various reasons. Main reasons are this game is a drain monster, difficulty is too high for my skill, rules too complexe. I don’t manage to have fun with this one, just kind of work. I only play my games casually so no need frustrating feelings when i play them.

Some games come in mind for trade like POTC from jjp, rick and morty, Elvira, SW, BBB.
I would like just collecting some opinions for the 3 first of my list as i never played them. No drain monster, smooth shoot, and fun. I just specify that i consider JP and TWD as my best games.

Thanks

#2 3 years ago

If aiq is too difficult, stay away from sw. potc can also be pretty tough. I’d choose Elvira, shots aren’t difficult, code is excellent. Never played rm and bbb tires quickly.

#3 3 years ago

Haven't played AIQ yet, but surprised it's more difficult than JP2 and TWD that are tougher machines. I own POTC and the shots are smooth but it's a complex, intense game. Just forget SW and R&M. BBB available for trade in Europe? Elvira would be a great choice.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Haven't played AIQ yet, but surprised it's more difficult than JP2 and TWD that are tougher machines. I own POTC and the shots are smooth but it's a complex, intense game. Just forget SW and R&M. BBB available for trade in Europe? Elvira would be a great choice.

Well, i think AIQ is draining more. And i think too current code makes this game repetitive. I think i would wait for code update to take final decision but complex rule doesn’t matter if the game is not a drain monster and then as long as you can progress.

My only complain with Elvira is playfield layout design. Looks basic but i can be wrong. I love Lyman codes usually.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi there,
I am seriously thinking of trading my AIQ for various reasons. Main reasons are this game is a drain monster, difficulty is too high for my skill, rules too complexe. I don’t manage to have fun with this one, just kind of work. I only play my games casually so no need frustrating feelings when i play them.
Some games come in mind for trade like POTC from jjp, rick and morty, Elvira, SW, BBB.
I would like just collecting some opinions for the 3 first of my list as i never played them. No drain monster, smooth shoot, and fun. I just specify that i consider JP and TWD as my best games.
Thanks

Who is trading BBB for an AIQ???
Give me their info!
Same for R&M that game is incredible and value is higher than AIQ imo

#6 3 years ago

I agree AIQ is a drain monster and frustrating. Check out the pinball life replacement posts for the outlanes. Makes it a bit more bareable.

As for trade Id consider EHOH or RM

#7 3 years ago

I think if you have a line on a JJP POTC that isnt stupidly overpriced, I would go with that. There are so many options with the characters for slight changes in gameplay. Plus, wide bodies tend to have a bit long ball times. That said, I really enjoy Elvira. Never played BBB.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Who is trading BBB for an AIQ???
Give me their info!
Same for R&M that game is incredible and value is higher than AIQ imo

I’m not talking about value

#9 3 years ago

Rick and Morty is a difficult game but the rules are great and it’s very rewarding when you put a good game together. Pirates is also a great game but the rules are pretty complex. Star Wars rules are also complex. Big Bang Bar is a fun game with good straightforward rules. I’d say it’s the easiest of the games on your list. None of the shots on Elvira are overly difficult or frustrating. And the rules are not too complex. Based on your first post I’d say Big Bang Bar or Elvira would be good choices for you.

#10 3 years ago

... difficulty is too high for my skill, rules too complexe...

sérieux ?

#11 3 years ago

Elvira or JJPOTC. Rick and Morty is also a challenging game, so don’t go that route if AIQ is not to your liking. Same with SW. If you can get a JJPOTC that’s a great way to go.

#12 3 years ago

Elvira by a mile! Aiq is a tougher game for sure, Elvira is perfect for all skill levels. Pretty much a perfect game IMO. It’s just so much fun!

#13 3 years ago

I’d look at your set-up - our aiq is considerably more forgiving than our JP2.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I’d look at your set-up - our aiq is considerably more forgiving than our JP2.

I disagree but respect your opinion.

And i think JP is way funnier to play.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Elvira or JJPOTC. Rick and Morty is also a challenging game, so don’t go that route if AIQ is not to your liking. Same with SW. If you can get a JJPOTC that’s a great way to go.

What i would like to know is if games i listed are « draining games » or not. No need to tell me for SW, BBB, i know them.
Thanks

#16 3 years ago

If AIQ is pissing you off, R&M will piss you off significantly more so don't even bother considering it. BBB is pretty easy and fun, but IMHO Elvira HoH is your best trade, it has gobs of things to do and pretty easy to shoot... fun game.

References: currently own AIQ and R&M, owned BBB for 7 years and have a buddy next door with EHoH.

#17 3 years ago

I’d go with Elvira. BBB is a good game but it’s pumped up a bit for its scarcity and it’s still a 90s game if you get technical.

#18 3 years ago

Laurent, please consider the pinball life kit (or make your own). It changed my life!

IMG_20210124_112302 (resized).jpgIMG_20210124_112302 (resized).jpg
#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Rhaegal:

Laurent, please consider the pinball life kit (or make your own). It changed my life!
[quoted image]

Salut Christophe.
Thanks for the advise. I will try. Just an 1-1/16 clear plastic post? You installed it both side?

#20 3 years ago

Yes a 1-1/16" clear star post and a 3/4" clear plastic washer underneath to protect your playfield.
I put it on the left side but I may add it on the right side too.

#21 3 years ago

What i would like to know is if games i listed are « draining games » or not. No need to tell me for SW, BBB, i know them.
Thanks

JJPOTC and Elvira are not draining games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 300.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,250 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball
Pinball Machine
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aiq-trade-advise?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.