(Topic ID: 282042)

AIQ Pro vs Prem/LE - early impressions?!

By Vino

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Avengers Infinity Quest early impression?”

• Pro all the way 18 votes
    29%
  • Premium/LE no brainer 35 votes
    56%
  • This ones a toss up 10 votes
    16%

(63 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210118_003237 (resized).jpg
20210118_003309 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

First off, love the way both versions shoot - Great layout! I like faster style gameplay so pro is very appealing without the subway but that extra ramp of prem/LE seems like a no brainer.

I thought IMDN pro wound up standing up pretty well next to the premium, but I’d love to get others early impressions on this one so far.
Thanks all!

#2 3 years ago

it’s tough, the pro seems like it shoots great but the game is so barren in terms of assets that it feels like an incomplete game. At least the prem has a lot of additional mechanical features that makes the package feel more robust. I think IF stern eventually improves the sound and animation package significantly the pro will be the better value.

#3 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#4 3 years ago

I bought the pro, but that's probably because it's the max i could afford. The subway looks cool, but it's not a big deal to me. Marvel spinner is still fun to rip, but I don't really know what I'm missing with the ramp. Maybe one day I'll play the premium and say....damn that's worth an extra 2k lol.
It is a fast game and I definitely have fairly short ball times, but I'm a very average player. I don't think you'll regret much if you go pro.

#5 3 years ago

I have a premium. Have not played a pro. But i would really miss the tower ball lock. And the marvel ramp really is cool

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have a premium. Have not played a pro. But i would really miss the tower ball lock. And the marvel ramp really is cool

Tower ball lock is on the pro

#7 3 years ago

Ive played the pro and biught a premium (something i thought id never do)
Im a pro fan 99% of the time. I prefer MET pro to premium and think the extra money from MAIDEN pro to premium is a waste.
Avengers however....
I could do without the subway but the rising portal is a great visual cue that things are ready. Easy to miss on a pro. That Captain Marvel shot was and js part of the big draw for me. It is a very satisfying shot that feed to the flippers. On the pro the Captain Marvel horseshoe is the easiest shot on the playfield but it loses all momentum and trickles out of the Black Panther orbit. Very UNsatisfying. The Antman vuc also change the game by feeding the flippers on the premium. Not only is it nice to have more flipper feeds but in some modes having the vuc changes the entire flow of the mode or quest. Soul Gem for example. It start by feeding your right flipper. A shot to the Black Widow ramp and you are set up for you first shot which is the Black Panther orbit. On the pro, you just kind of hope to get some control early once the upper post drops.

Pro is a GREAT game and i would own one but this is the first Stern title in a while that if it is within your means, GO PREMIUM!!

Also it has the best art package

#8 3 years ago

I prefer the art package on the premium and love the captain marvel ramp and subway as well. Great game!

I very pleased with my premium purchase.

#9 3 years ago

I plan on going Prem on this, but the Subway is pretty underwhelming. Loud clicking mech that you have to lean over to look at if you even care to, which you wouldn;t after you're first play.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Loud clicking mech that you have to lean over to look at if you even care to, which you wouldn;t after you're first play.

Thanks for all the input so far.

I was initially surprised by that clicking too.
Almost like watching an assembly line.

#11 3 years ago

I only played the pro on site a couple times and it seems like its missing something...it sits next to a deadpool pro and the last 2 times I went..I passed on the Avengers and played deadpool

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I plan on going Prem on this, but the Subway is pretty underwhelming. Loud clicking mech that you have to lean over to look at if you even care to, which you wouldn;t after you're first play.

It’s like watching transporter... but without the coolness of looping around. What’s up w/ that?!?

Big ol flow stopper is what it is.

#13 3 years ago

The extra ramp is nice but I can live without it. Plus I'm a spinner freak so no complaints on the compromise. Nothing else is really important on the Pre/Le for me. However call outs suck and the theme in general for me is lacking so I might have to own a used one to flip for a bit otherwise not interested.

#14 3 years ago

I thought prem for sure but after playing both, that subway system sucks. Period.

Captain marvel ramp is the only thing that would make this tough and it's very impressive in person but not sure 2k.

If I was buying one, I'm prob going pro.

#15 3 years ago

Definitely like ripping the spinner on pro but premium most likely will take this one.

#16 3 years ago

I have only played a premium, I like it but I am interested to play the pro

1 month later
#17 3 years ago

Bumping for any addl input now that more folks have played them with the new code. Thanks!

#18 3 years ago

Played Pro and bought Premium.
Premium is the way to go on this one.
Normally I go Pro (GB, GOTG, IMDN, TMNT), but here Premium rules.

#19 3 years ago

The lifting disk and Marvel ramp really add to the game. Wish it had a kickback on one of the outlanes but otherwise slowly becoming a all time favorite of mine. Now put Thanos back in the code already....

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Played Pro and bought Premium.
Premium is the way to go on this one.
Normally I go Pro (GB, GOTG, IMDN, TMNT), but here Premium rules.

Agreed!

#21 3 years ago

Premium for this and Stranger Things (snagged a killer deal on one and it's a lot of fun!). Coin toss for GOT and Maiden. Pro for the rest.

2 weeks later
#22 3 years ago

Any premium/LE players have issues with the extra ramp rejecting the ball on a solid shot? Is there some adjustability there if it’s an issue? I saw this is some of the early YouTube vids, haven’t played a premium yet but I did enjoy the pro game.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Any premium/LE players have issues with the extra ramp rejecting the ball on a solid shot? Is there some adjustability there if it’s an issue? I saw this is some of the early YouTube vids, haven’t played a premium yet but I did enjoy the pro game.

Some solid solutions over in the AIQ owners thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble

#24 3 years ago

I looked through the pinned posts in that thread again and don’t see this question addressed, am I missing something? Sorry I am new to these boards, it’s a little tough to navigate.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I attached a piece of plex the the side and now i can chain Black Widow to Captain Marvel over and over and over again until i get my portal locks.

20210118_003237 (resized).jpg20210118_003237 (resized).jpg20210118_003309 (resized).jpg20210118_003309 (resized).jpg
#26 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I attached a piece of plex the the side and now i can chain Black Widow to Captain Marvel over and over and over again until i get my portal locks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the assist on this, exactly what I was wondering about! Looks like it belongs there and solves the problem it sounds like.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.00
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aiq-pro-vs-prem-le-early-impressions?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.