2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Jlemank
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

#1 2 years ago

Hi All, When i pull back my plunger the entire way, the ball wont make it up onto the right ramp, it just falls down for the skill shot through the pops. When i want to go for the pym lab or drop target skill shots, i have to push the action button. Lately, when i push the action button, it falls off the ramp and onto the playfield just before the last 90 degree turn of the ramp.

Also, i find it very difficult to hit the black panther shot and have it go up and onto the right ramp. it almost always just falls down through the pop bumpers. Is my flipper and / or plunger rod not strong enough, and why would the ball more often than not fall off of the right ramp and onto the playfield before it reaches the right in lane?

Thank you all so much in advance for your help!

#2 2 years ago

I own the game and have the exact same issues. If I am not mistaken, you need to change the spring on the plunger to a stronger spring. Regarding the Black Panther shot, it’s a difficult shot to make without have the ball bounce around which then slows it down. Experiment with pitch and make sure it is level.

#3 2 years ago

Mine had the same problems too. Was never able to figure them out. I've played other games where the right orbit works just fine though. I was advised to make sure the little 'ramp' in the shooter lane wasn't pressing against the right wall of the right orbit but mine wasn't

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

Hi All, When i pull back my plunger the entire way, the ball wont make it up onto the right ramp, it just falls down for the skill shot through the pops. When i want to go for the pym lab or drop target skill shots, i have to push the action button. Lately, when i push the action button, it falls off the ramp and onto the playfield just before the last 90 degree turn of the ramp.

Also, i find it very difficult to hit the black panther shot and have it go up and onto the right ramp. it almost always just falls down through the pop bumpers. Is my flipper and / or plunger rod not strong enough, and why would the ball more often than not fall off of the right ramp and onto the playfield before it reaches the right in lane?

Thank you all so much in advance for your help!

It seems to be difficult to dial the plunge on this machine. I had issues with my auto launcher being wildly inconsistent and tried to bend the auto-launcher bracket so with the ball at rest the bracket arms are centered, it tends to work a lot more than it used to but it seems to come and go. I've never really had manual plunger issues, but I would make sure that the plunger rod is centered and that the rubber shooter tip is seated properly on the plunger rod. When I unboxed mine, it seemed like the rubber tip was too long so it wasn't going onto the plunger rod all the way and then getting kind of shifted to the side after a few plunges and then not hitting the ball squarely.

My Black Panther shot was really clunky and often airballed. After looking closely and using my phone's slo-mo video to see what was happening, it turned out the metal ball guide (on the right side of the shot) wasn't a smooth curve, it had something of a kink in it and the ball seemed to hit right at that spot and jump around. I removed the plastics in the area and the shooter lane metal ramp thing and was able to bend it smooth and now it has been super consistent (when I can actually hit the shot). I had a similar issue (but less severe) with the Hulk orbit shot as well which I tried to do the bending thing to. I didnt get it as good though because Im going to need to fill a screw hole and very slightly move the hole to allow for the proper curve.

I assume you are also talking about the ball falling off the wireform before getting to the right inlane? I have that issue on occasion, but I havent really dug into it yet because it's not really repeatable. Otherwise, I'd again use the slo-mo video feature on my phone to see where the ball starts bouncing around on the wireform. I had an issue like this on another machine, but it was consistent and I was able to see the ball going around a bend in the wireform and kind of riding onto the "wall" of it which gave it alot of bouncing action, I was able to bend the wall a bit to keep the ball in place and I dont think Ive seen the issue since.

#5 2 years ago

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and suggestions. I will take a look at everything and let you know how I make out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.00
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,000 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aiq-pro-ramp-plunger-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.