(Topic ID: 296787)

Avengers for Dummies! Complete Tutorial Stream and AMA!

By AllenLeper

15 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by AllenLeper
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aiq for dummies.jpg

#1 15 days ago

Do you like AIQ, but you find yourself super confused by a lot of the systems?
Do you want to love it, but you can't because trying to learn where to place the gems and how to use them feels like too much to understand?
Well, good news! I've done all the work for you!

So drop by TWITCH.TV/OWLNONYMOUS next WED, July 21st from 7-10pm and get a hardcore tutor session that completely breaks down the game in an easy to digest way, complete with full gameplay and an intricate visual presentation that will explain away all your confusion. ALL QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED!

We'll learn all about:
The hero leveling system.
Gem battle order strategies.
How gems work on all the different shots.
The difference between active and passive gems and how to use them.
Multiple gem placement strategies, where to place them, when and why.
The insane extra ball stack.
AND all of my own proprietary AIQ strats that I've cultivated to get YOU all the gems so you can beat Thanos and get that 1 Billion point bonus!

If you have any questions about the stream, or want to talk with me about it, feel free to comment here or email me at: [email protected]

See you on the stream!
Allen Leper

Avengers: Infinity Quest (Premium)
Avengers: Infinity Quest (Limited Edition)
Avengers: Infinity Quest (pro)
aiq for dummies.jpg

#2 14 days ago

Won't be able to tune in live, but looking forward to the archived stream. Thanks!

#3 14 days ago

I struggle big time with this game, I'll be there!

#4 14 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

Won't be able to tune in live, but looking forward to the archived stream. Thanks!

Nice! It'll be archived on Owl's Twitch channel AND his YouTube page!

#5 14 days ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I struggle big time with this game, I'll be there!

See you there! Bring all your questions!

#6 14 days ago

Allen, I was super impressed with other tutorials you've done. Step-by-step strategies that I could write down and then follow. I'm a rulesheet reader and watch whatever videos I can find on any table I don't know but your tutorials cut to the chase while being extremely comprehensive saving me a lot of time and/or filling in the gaps that other resources don't cover. Looking forward to this one. Anyone looking to really learn this table won't be disappointed.

#7 14 days ago
Quoted from VinceSFL:

Allen, I was super impressed with other tutorials you've done. Step-by-step strategies that I could write down and then follow. I'm a rulesheet reader and watch whatever videos I can find on any table I don't know but your tutorials cut to the chase while being extremely comprehensive saving me a lot of time and/or filling in the gaps that other resources don't cover. Looking forward to this one. Anyone looking to really learn this table won't be disappointed.

How can you access the other tutorials?

#8 13 days ago
Quoted from VinceSFL:

Hey Vince! Thats awesome to hear, thank you for saying. Thats really my goal. Take something super complicated, try to remove all the unnecessary variables, and then pass it along in a much more accessible format. And Avengers is a prime target for that. I know theres a ton of people that want to like the game but just cant because they havent unlocked it yet. So my hope is to help people do that.

Have you seen all the tutorials Ive done with Owl? I did Star Wars (twice), Game of Thrones, and Elvira House of Horrors

Say hey when you drop in! See you then!

#9 13 days ago
Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

How can you access the other tutorials?

Hey Wheel_Jack,
Here are links to the other ones. Elvira House of Horrors, Star Wars (2 of them), and Game of Thrones.
Theyre all on Owlnonymous' YouTube page. Feel free to contact me here or through email if you have any questions.
Hope to see you one the stream!

#10 13 days ago

Eager to see

#11 13 days ago

Nice tutorials. I’ll be tuning in for AIQ

#12 13 days ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Nice tutorials. I’ll be tuning in for AIQ

Thanks Chubtoad! See you then!

#13 13 days ago

I think AIQ rules and strategy thread is needed, so thank you for starting one. I think the rules are not all that hard to understand but the strategy can get pretty into the weeds. Here is a little known rule that I use all the time.

Mind Control Gem Mode -- Before you make shots and spin the Dr. S disk. Look and see what Avenger is under mind control. The game will tell you and show you two ways, text form in the monitor and the Avenger shot arrow will flash at a higher rate. Free that Avenger before spinning the disk (make that Avenger shot). I think you have to do that 3X but I could be wrong. By doing this successfully you will be awarded by not having to make the Sanctum shot as the Final Blow. Many times I would fail at the gem to get that seemingly simple but hard shot.

#14 13 days ago

I will watch soon!! Hopefully it will make some sense of the hot shit mess they call rules.

#15 13 days ago
Quoted from drizzt76:

I think AIQ rules and strategy thread is needed, so thank you for starting one. I think the rules are not all that hard to understand but the strategy can get pretty into the weeds. Here is a little known rule that I use all the time.
Mind Control Gem Mode -- Before you make shots and spin the Dr. S disk. Look and see what Avenger is under mind control. The game will tell you and show you two ways, text form in the monitor and the Avenger shot arrow will flash at a higher rate. Free that Avenger before spinning the disk (make that Avenger shot). I think you have to do that 3X but I could be wrong. By doing this successfully you will be awarded by not having to make the Sanctum shot as the Final Blow. Many times I would fail at the gem to get that seemingly simple but hard shot.

Hey Drizzt! I agree. Coming up with strategies for AIQ, especially on the fly ones, can be very difficult. My stream with Owl will show everyone a bunch of strats that Ive already made, and give them opportunities to watch what I do in all stages of play WHILE I explain my strategies and my decision making in depth.

And youre totally right about the Mind Gem rule. In my opinion, knowing that bit of info is SUPER crucial. You have to do 3 rounds of "hit flashing shot, then spin disc" and youre done. Not having to hit the Sanctum makes that mode SOOOO much easier to complete.

#16 13 days ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I will watch soon!! Hopefully it will make some sense of the hot shit mess they call rules.

Lol, Hey Puffdanny, I promise Ill boil everything down until the hot mess makes complete sense.

#17 9 days ago

Looking forward to this one Babee!

#18 9 days ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Looking forward to this one Babee!

Yeah! See you there Dan!

#19 9 days ago

following

Is there always music playing in the background?

#20 8 days ago
Quoted from rai:

following
Is there always music playing in the background?

Say what? Music?

#21 8 days ago

both Elvira and SW videos have house music in the background as if it's at a skating rink or bowling alley. So you guys are talking over the music.

#22 8 days ago
Quoted from rai:

both Elvira and SW videos have house music in the background as if it's at a skating rink or bowling alley. So you guys are talking over the music.

Oh gotcha. So we're doing the tutorial at the same place, but Owl has lavalier mics this time, so it should cut most or all of that out. Thats the hope anyway. It can definitely be distracting.

#23 7 days ago

I guess I got the time zone wrong....

#24 7 days ago

Great advice so far, although early. Hope you can share the PowerPoint with everyone!!

#25 6 days ago

The archive of last night's AIQ Pinball Tutorial Stream is now up on YouTube!

#26 6 days ago

Hey Everyone!

The tutorial stream went exceptionally well!
Ive created a new thread with the FULL TUTORIAL video, AND ALL of the STRATEGY FLASHCARDS Ive made. Please check it out and feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Cheers!
Allen Leper

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-for-dummies-complete-tutorial-stream-and-flashcards#post-6401569

#27 6 days ago
Quoted from AllenLeper:

Hey Everyone!
The tutorial stream went exceptionally well!
Ive created a new thread with the FULL TUTORIAL video, AND ALL of the STRATEGY FLASHCARDS Ive made. Please check it out and feel free to message me if you have any questions.
Cheers!
Allen Leper
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-for-dummies-complete-tutorial-stream-and-flashcards#post-6401569

Thanks for all the work you put into this. Can't to try it out.

#28 6 days ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Thanks for all the work you put into this. Can't to try it out.

Thanks Quadrat, I appreciate it. Best of luck!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside