Okay! Time for a massive update. So everything is basically put back onto the game. Rewired up a few switches that were wired wrong (thank you Frunch!) and adjusted a few contacts before powering the game on.
I also noticed that I forgot to re-pin one of the toastiest connectors from the rectifier board.
Here's the before:
Here's all done:
Now....the moment of truth....powering the game on. Will it work? Will it catch on fire and explode?
What will happen to our hero??
Upon the first power up, all I got was a loud hum. No lights, no nothing. Uh oh.
Then I noticed that I had one of the ribbon cables to the sound card plugged in backwards. Oh. Let's try now....
Sweet! I haven't played a game yet because there's still more to do, but everything seems to be functioning mostly correct. Here's what I know I need to do still before posting my final post on here:
1. Swap out all the unidirectional, cold white LEDs in the backbox and the GI for warm white frosted LEDs. Also need to swap out the unidirectional blue LEDs in the pop bumpers for blue frosted. All the other lights look fantastic (a custom blend of LED and incandescents)
2. Flippers are not adjusted or attached currently. I need to see how this is supposed to look because right now when I try to attach them, they sit completely on top of my brand new clear coated playfield. That ain't happening, so I need to see how they should sit (I've got a gorgeous Nine Ball coming my way this week via STI so maybe I'll check that! That'll be another forum thread.)
3. Going to Triple Thick the backglass and then touch up the flaking parts via a thread that DoTheDoo turned me onto (thanks bro!). This will be my first backglass touch up wish me luck.
4. The drop targets on the left aren't staying up when the solenoid fires. Thinking it's just a simple adjustment. The other drops work great.
5. The plunger isn't above the playfield for some reason. I've tried to adjust it but it keeps hitting the wood of the shooter lane. I replaced all those parts so not sure if the new parts aren't correct or what. Regardless, that will have to change.
6. Put in #10 t-nuts for apron. I must have left them in when I sent the pf off to HSA and they didn't return them.
7. Fine tuning
I'm going to try mof's suggestion of using Lightning flippers on the top to see how I like it and will report back. So excited to play this game!
Side note: I'm going to have quite a few blue posts (both sizes) after this restore as I overbought. If someone wants some, PM me (I'll give you a good deal).