You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mav2.jpg
#1 10 years ago

About 75% converted to LEDsmav2.jpgmav2.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Nice....While I do not like every game better with LEDs this looks like a no brainer if the money is not a problem.

#3 10 years ago

Looks Nice.

Sega's are the worst ever pins to convert the GI to LED's. Gawd, it sucks..

But, looks great once done.

#4 10 years ago

That looks awesome. I have one of my games converted to LED and want to do all of them.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

That looks awesome. I have one of my games converted to LED and want to do all of them.

Thanks folks. All of my games are partially converted to LEDs in one way or another, and on some I have "enhanced" with LED by strategically using colors. I have seen a posts of others who have colorized this game with LEDs, and while it looks good I am trying to keep the colors more or less "original" on mine.

I didn't examine the under playfield lamps thoroughly before I placed my initial order and found in some will be better suited to flex style LEDs, for instance on one PC board where most have twist sockets for the 555 wedge bases that orient them vertically but one of the sockets is a PC board mount that is 90 degrees horizontal to the playfield - and this just wont work for a flat faced LED. Also some of the bases I ordered wrong because the lamps are a mix of wedge base and bayonets. I sometimes make changes along the way, but it would have been better if I had taken more time to examine and then wrote them down before ordering.

The Lauren Belle paddlewheel boat cries out for some kind of lighting, once I figure out how I want to do it.

#6 10 years ago

I did all cools for my Mav, looks great, but used 180s under the inserts as there were too many whites, and too close to your eyes all the time.

I'm not a fan for warm white under white. It works well in many applications, but I like the crispness of cools. Unfortunately, they are about twice as bright as any other LED, and thus you need to use an array of cools for any machine to make it work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 259.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Boards
PinSound

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ahh-now-i-can-see-thank-you-warm-white-led and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.