(Topic ID: 261528)

After your basement was finished, first game set up?

By chad

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dayhuff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0013 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0011 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0010 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0008 (resized).JPG

#1 4 years ago

Upon completing your basement remodel, or separate addition built, what was your first game set up? Longtime favorite, something that matched your basement theme?

#3 4 years ago

Furthest one to the right?

#4 4 years ago

The one that is fully working.

#5 4 years ago

For me there was a couple of different times. The first house we lived in I had a pool table and a dart board and then found a Harlem Globetrotters at a garage sale for $200, working. So that was the first one at that house. Five years later (or twenty years ago) we moved to our current house and the first game that came through the door was Gottlieb's Spiderman. I think Gilligan's Island was the first game I set up though since it was right there and quick and easy to do. I only set up certain games at first since I was doing ALOT of demo in the basement to make room for the games I already had and for more that would be coming in. I was setting up games like Gottlieb James Bond, Six Million Dollar Man, DE Playboy, Shadow.....basically something from all different manufacturers as well as different shapes and sizes so that I could get a feel for what games would go where. Mean while walls were coming down rather quickly. We moved during the day and then at night I'd take out another wall or two to open the basement up more. All of these pictures were taken in Jan./Feb. of 2000. I had 27 games when we moved into this house.

John

IMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPGIMG_0013 (resized).JPG
    #6 4 years ago

AFM was the first one to get set up when we finished our game room. Not one error message after 9 years in storage. Just happened to be the first one in the door.

#7 4 years ago

What a great space. How big is your gameroom John?

Quoted from Dayhuff:

For me there was a couple of different times. The first house we lived in I had a pool table and a dart board and then found a Harlem Globetrotters at a garage sale for $200, working. So that was the first one at that house. Five years later (or twenty years ago) we moved to our current house and the first game that came through the door was Gottlieb's Spiderman. I think Gilligan's Island was the first game I set up though since it was right there and quick and easy to do. I only set up certain games at first since I was doing ALOT of demo in the basement to make room for the games I already had and for more that would be coming in. I was setting up games like Gottlieb James Bond, Six Million Dollar Man, DE Playboy, Shadow.....basically something from all different manufacturers as well as different shapes and sizes so that I could get a feel for what games would go where. Mean while walls were coming down rather quickly. We moved during the day and then at night I'd take out another wall or two to open the basement up more. All of these pictures were taken in Jan./Feb. of 2000. I had 27 games when we moved into this house.
    John[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

What a great space. How big is your gameroom John?

Not as big as it used to be......LOL. Basement is 70 x 28.

John

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/after-your-basement-was-finished-first-game-set-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.