• Latest reply 11 years ago by jonnyo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
acdc_flippers2.jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

Stupid iPhone uploads.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Ok so I leaned the game severely to the right and now the ball comes out and hits the right sling shot on a regular basis with no more drain.

Too far.

Quoted from phishrace:

...lower the right side **slightly**.

Should usually feed the tip of the right flipper, not the sling. If you go too far, the lean will easily be noticeable while playing.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I have played Tozzi's game and it does drain SDTM, I think it needs more pitch to fix the problem . The two BiBs in my neighborhood do not exhibit the SDTM problem that Tozzi is talking about ?

I have played two ACDC Premiums and one did the STDM out of the Pops and the other did not. I suspect the pitch is the issue. Didn't Steve Ritchie say to set the game at 7 degrees instead of 6.5?

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well, as a new ACDC owner, Ive certainly noticed it punishes sloppy shots, and there are certainly several ones riskier than others.... Ive contemplated this:
thoughts?

I'm going to have to call foul, as the action of flipping would further move the flipper towards the other flipper causing binding, in which neither flipper would be able to flip.

#55 11 years ago

Here is my AC/DC Bib with the ball coming out of the pops 9 times and nine times no SDTM !

#56 11 years ago

Jim, at what pitch do you have your game set up? Yours appears that when the ball comes out of the pops it has enough speed to avoid the lazy fall out of the pops that I have seen causing the SDTM. It really does appear to be a matter of putting the game at the proper pitch to have it play correctly.

Thanks for posting the video.

#57 11 years ago

Not sure on the pitch, I set it up new with about a 1/4 bubble above the top line . Never had a problem and it plays fantastic .

#58 11 years ago

Jim your game is probably worth 25k with you posting this video, your inbox is going to be full with potential buyers. Ha ha, thanks for posting, maybe my garage floor is slanted or not true. Ill take a look when I get home.

#59 11 years ago

I just got mine and love it but i'll let it go for 24k.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Ok so I leaned the game severely to the right and now the ball comes out and hits the right sling shot on a regular basis with no more drain. I'm gonna tinker with it to get it to sit a tad better. Just to give you guys an idea of how much lean, look at the spacing between SS and tron heads.

Hitting the slingshot which sends the ball flying out of control toward the left outlane doesn't sound any better to me.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I just got mine and love it but i'll let it go for 24k.

30k by Christmas!

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

30k by Christmas!

and by the spending habits of this forum. I wouldn't have a surprised look at all.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Here is my AC/DC Bib with the ball coming out of the pops 9 times and nine times no SDTM !
» YouTube video

Yours has a lot more bounce on the metal plate in the lane with the bell than mine. I wonder if my lane guide their is a bit lose and is absording the impact. Mine only drains SDTM when it hits the metal squarely out of the pops. If it trickles out it hits the post.

Thanks for the video. Hopefully this helps mine.

#64 11 years ago

Is it just part of the game......
All my games drain when the ball goes stdm maybe I have an issue with my pins!

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Is it just part of the game......
All my games drain when the ball goes stdm maybe I have an issue with my pins!

No, you should not drain SDTM twice in a row without hitting a flipper. It is not designed to do this.

Can we all agree to stop the BS now please? Yours doesn't do this. Good for you. It does this on some peoples and it KILLS the game! If you don't have anything helpful to add please just don't spam this thread. I for one would like to see at least one tech related topic stay helpful.

Irritated rant off and back to the topic.

McCune - Your video helped a lot. It turns out mine was missing a screw right in the middle of that ball guide and was causing the guide to have a bit of give to it. I added the screw there and it fixed that issue. Played the most balls in a row without a SDTM I ever have (5). I'm still getting about 25% though. I upped my pitch from 6.7 to now at 7 with it at .2 degree's to the right. I'll keep playing with it to see if I can find a sweet spot. What I've found is those balls that go smooth through the opening into the bell lane hit the metal right above the post and is what is still causing this. Those balls that bounce around a bit either hit higher on the lane guide and go to the tip of the right flipper or they come out lower and hit the post.

#66 11 years ago

For those that tried the tapered post- what were your before and after results?

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well, as a new ACDC owner, Ive certainly noticed it punishes sloppy shots, and there are certainly several ones riskier than others.... Ive contemplated this:
thoughts?

Yes, the black flipper rubbers should slow it down some. Good idea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

16,500 (Firm)
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/after-months-acdc-is-draining-from-pops-like-a-mother-advice-needed/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.