• Latest reply 10 years ago by jonnyo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
acdc_flippers2.jpg

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I've had my ACDC for a while and recently moved it from carpet to cement flooring. Since doing so 50% of the time I'm getting the dreaded drain issue. I've tried to lean the game, tilt the game, put in the Red Cliffy post from Pinballife and nothing helps. I'm getting very frustrated to the point of not wanting to play the game any longer. I saw the Williams tapered post with rubber on top but haven't tried it yet. I have also tried to level the game but no matter what change I try it comes out and eventually ends in the drain. Any advice or help is welcomed.
Thanks
Chris

#3 10 years ago

I had to level mine in the area right where it comes out of the pops and it pretty much solved my problem. Right at the top of the devil horns, see if it isn't level.

#4 10 years ago

Be careful here. You don't want to say anything remotely negative about acdc or you'll be ganged up on by the acdc police. Obviously everyone will say your machine is not level and you need to play better. Helpful, right?

There's a post rubber fix posted on one of the threads on Pinside here. Did you by chance try that yet?

#5 10 years ago

I hear ya, anything negative and look out thread locked. So the only helpful hint so far is level it at the horns. Nobody else has anything to add ? Maybe ill just turn the game off & put it in storage. Joking anyone have ny luck with the Williams tapered rubber post ?

#6 10 years ago

I'm tuned in. Getting about 25% drains after making sure mine is level at the bottom and top. I also did the larger post. That helped and took it from about 50% to 25%. Really a bummer to lose a ball and it's ball save without touching the flippers once.

#7 10 years ago

Sledgehammer is good... Mine is on the way, better not happen that way...

#8 10 years ago

This is exactly why I never choose HAABPTB anymore. The ball saver timer runs while "in hell" and if it goes SDTM before I get to hit the ball I get grumpy. I need the opposite of lightning flippers.

#10 10 years ago

I had a similar issue when I moved my game. I leveled it and it helped a bit. My issue was more about pitch. Once I tweaked that for a bit it seemed to help the most. Now it rarely ever happens. I still occasionally get the sdtm bell shot that is moving so fast I don't have time to nudge.

#11 10 years ago

Just play your goddamn game Chris . You have to try to get a good score it just won't happen on its own ! You can do it ,PLAY BETTER !

#12 10 years ago

Put a post between the flippers

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Put a post between the flippers

And socks in the outlanes then but the game to 10 balls .

#14 10 years ago

... and adjust the angle to 1 degree mwooaahahaha

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Obviously everyone will say your machine is not level and you need to play better. Helpful, right?

So where is the "I told you so" emoticon?

Quoted from McCune:

PLAY BETTER !

Quoted from DaveD:

I leveled it and it helped a bit.

No one can admit that there's an actual issue here.

#16 10 years ago

Had the same problem recently after moving one. No matter how level it is or what you used to level it, lower the right side slightly. Starting at the right rear corner (raise the leveler). You should be able to get it to mostly feed the right flipper on a slow roll without having to lean it so bad that it's noticeable. You won't completely eliminate SDTM, but you should be able to noticeably reduce them.

#17 10 years ago

OT ac/dc question if I let my canon
Cycle without hitting the fire button
The ball falls out of the canon when the canon
Swings all the way to the bottom of its travel.
My playfield is level any one else have this happen?

#18 10 years ago

If I recall I said that what helped me most was pitch change.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

OT ac/dc question if I let my canon
Cycle without hitting the fire button
The ball falls out of the canon when the canon
Swings all the way to the bottom of its travel.
My playfield is level any one else have this happen?

I have not had this issue, yet. Have you contacted stern?

#20 10 years ago

Back left leg lifter . Raise it up 4 complete threads. Mission accomplished. Now watch it drain down the sides instead.

#21 10 years ago

Mine was horrible able SDTM drains. Leveling, unlevelling and pitch really didn't make a difference.

Shoving a yellow cone rubber on the left hand post by the exit solved it.

#22 10 years ago

Pops make balls drain. True story

#23 10 years ago

Some of the OPs around here put a wire at the pops feed to make it almost always glance off the left wall and go to the right flipper.

There's three ways of dealing with it skillfully: nudge the game as it comes out of the pops, deliberately short plunge to try and get the ball under control before the ball saver runs out, or hold the right flipper for the super skill shot.

You could also extend the ball save.

I check instant info if I think I'm one shot away from a multi and short plunge sometimes (or go for super skill shot).

#24 10 years ago

Sounds like a pain in the ass. I am looking at AC/Dc for purchase. Glad to know what to look for. I hope you fix the issue. I may need help down the line. My home is 125 years old. Level floors do not exist in my place.

#25 10 years ago

mines fine out of the box. They have a post by the ramp with black rubber on it that pops it away and avoids SDTM drains. I get very few and have over 300 games on mine.

#26 10 years ago

How many ACDC machines have been sold?
How many owners have this complaint???
thank you, ...that is all

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveD:

If I recall I said that what helped me most was pitch change.

But if I don't take your post out of context, it doesn't properly make my point

#28 10 years ago

I guess I have been pretty lucky with my setup--I have never had a SDTM problem with either the bell or the pops. I think I may take level measurements now just so if/when I ever move it and all of a sudden I start getting drains I will at least have an idea of what works for my machine.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Sounds like a pain in the ass. I am looking at AC/Dc for purchase. Glad to know what to look for. I hope you fix the issue. I may need help down the line. My home is 125 years old. Level floors do not exist in my place.

It's not really an issue. The game is designed to be brutal and take your money. Any missed shot to a ramp into a post can punish.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveD:

I have not had this issue, yet. Have you contacted stern?

No I haven't contacted Stern, maybe I should. The machine is about 4 weeks old and it has done this since day one. I thought it was normal till I watched a video of a guy playing and his machine didn't do it.

#31 10 years ago

So out of all these posts the only real solution is a yellow post ? thousands of acdcs sold and i'm one of a few that have this issue. Ok i guess ill call Stern.....1st I'll wait for them to answer my Tron LE question I sent them a week ago with ZERO respose. More Fun times waiting and waiting and waiting for an email from Mr.P Powers.

#32 10 years ago

maybe you need to see a picture of someone that just got this new shipment from. Maybe the 7/32" ring post I have there wasn't on earlier ones? I don't know.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

How many ACDC machines have been sold?
How many owners have this complaint???
thank you, ...that is all

Ahem.. only the owners with no balls

#34 10 years ago

Hells bells wiggle the machine from side to side! Lower the tilt settings and give it some welly!
Whats really testing is when you hit the bell and it swings back and thwacks the ball directly down the guts. You can dig that bad boy out with a triple flip or if it's perfectly down the guts a vigorous quintuple will do it. If that fails quickly lift the machine and roll the ball back up an outlane.

Thank you

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

So out of all these posts the only real solution is a yellow post ? thousands of acdcs sold and i'm one of a few that have this issue. Ok i guess ill call Stern.....1st I'll wait for them to answer my TRON LE question I sent them a week ago with ZERO respose. More Fun times waiting and waiting and waiting for an email from Mr.P Powers.

No, the only REAL solution is to make sure your game is level and your pitch is at 6.5-7 degrees. It's not that difficult. You'll still get drains from the pops, but it should be closer to 5% of the time, and you can nudge to avoid it.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Hells bells wiggle the machine from side to side! Lower the tilt settings and give it some welly!
Whats really testing is when you hit the bell and it swings back and thwacks the ball directly down the guts. You can dig that bad boy out with a triple flip or if it's perfectly down the guts a vigorous quintuple will do it. If that fails quickly lift the machine and roll the ball back up an outlane.
Thank you

lol thanks that made me laugh this morning.. you forgot one .play with the glass off so you can
alter the balls trajectory with your finger. : )

#37 10 years ago

I only see this problem on machines that are too shallow. Make it steeper. Lean slightly left. Fixed.

Is this Pro or Prem?

#39 10 years ago

I have played Tozzi's game and it does drain SDTM, I think it needs more pitch to fix the problem . The two BiBs in my neighborhood do not exhibit the SDTM problem that Tozzi is talking about ?

#40 10 years ago

I'm gonna pull the dam game out of the garage today and set it up by itself and dial in the pitch and angle for the 3rd time just to be 100% sure i'm not missing something. After that I'll try the above mentioned tapered williams bumper. If that doesn't work it's up for sale by noon.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

But if I don't take your post out of context, it doesn't properly make my point

hah

#42 10 years ago

AC/DC should not play like an Early SS or EM.

If it does..... YOUR DOING IT WRONG!

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Some of the OPs around here put a wire at the pops feed to make it almost always glance off the left wall and go to the right flipper.

It's a spring. All the pros come from the factory with them.

Quoted from ctozzi:

So out of all these posts the only real solution is a yellow post ?

I gave you the solution that worked for me above. Did you try it?

#44 10 years ago

I just moved mine around the game room and now it is exhibiting the same problem. One in three balls go SDTM...It worked fine before when I was compensating for a slight right slope in the floor...

#45 10 years ago

Well, as a new ACDC owner, Ive certainly noticed it punishes sloppy shots, and there are certainly several ones riskier than others.... Ive contemplated this:

thoughts?

acdc_flippers2.jpgacdc_flippers2.jpg

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well, as a new ACDC owner, Ive certainly noticed it punishes sloppy shots, and there are certainly several ones riskier than others.... Ive contemplated this:
thoughts?

Ok, that would work.

#47 10 years ago

Don't worry Metallica pin will not have this problem. Too bad the ACDC game did not look like this.

#48 10 years ago

Ok so I leaned the game severely to the right and now the ball comes out and hits the right sling shot on a regular basis with no more drain. I'm gonna tinker with it to get it to sit a tad better. Just to give you guys an idea of how much lean, look at the spacing between SS and tron heads.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Ok so I leaned the game severely to the right and now the ball comes out and hits the right sling shot on a regular basis with no more drain. I'm gonna tinker with it to get it to sit a tad better. Just to give you guys an idea of how much lean, look at the spacing between SS and tron heads.

Dude- you leaned it way too far!!!!!!

#50 10 years ago

Sarcasm mode ON:

Its a risk reward shot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, AR
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/after-months-acdc-is-draining-from-pops-like-a-mother-advice-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.