Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bunny-costume-for-kids-homemade-2.jpg
goldengirls460.jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

And what will it do the the price of the originals?

#2 10 years ago

Either AFM or Mb would be great and yes I would not buy an old one knowing this may happen.

#3 10 years ago

I would be in for a Cactus Canyon.

#4 10 years ago

Holding out for AFM or MB actually. Guess I better start getting my money together now for the LE. Since I'm only going to have a 2-3 hour window to order one.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from getbettersam:

Mb, AFM, TOTAN, CV and the originals will take a 50% hit..

That said, sell me your restored MB, TOTAN, AFM, OR CV while its still worth something...

#6 10 years ago

I'd say AFM before MB due to the license factors

#8 10 years ago

Hopefully MB. Was ready to nice original but that's not happening now.

#9 10 years ago

I doubt my original TOTAN will be worth less--or much less, at any rate--but I am now unlikely to spend several thousand (actually, about $6k) to give it a high-end restoration. At that point, you are talking about a $12k pin, which could someday compete against an $8k remake, should I ever try to sell it (unlikely, but not utterly impossible). To me, that is the rub. It no longer seems worthwhile to put more than $6-8k total into a pin that could be a candidate for reissue. Not that I have done this before, but I had been thinking seriously about doing it with TOTAN since it is my wife's favorite pin. I greatly admire the top restorers, and I sympathize with their plight. They in particular are entering uncharted waters due to this announcement.

#10 10 years ago

Probably AFM because I just bought one

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I'd say AFM before MB due to the license factors

The Universal Monsters are licensed to everybody from Hotwheels, candy, facial tissues and shoes.

It is one of the most easy licenses to acquire, or in this case, renew .

#12 10 years ago

AFM and CC are only logical choices. AFM is easy choice. Great game. High demand. Cheap to make compared to CC or MM as far as moving parts go.

#13 10 years ago

popeye l.e. with spinach green powder coat trim.

#14 10 years ago

I'd say BBB would be the next best title that everyone would want.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'd say BBB would be the next best title that everyone would want.

who holds the license?

#16 10 years ago

Gene @ Illinois Pinball

#17 10 years ago

Does it really make sense to remake a pin that sells for less than the remake would? Why would I buy an AFM for $8K when I could get the original for somewhere between $6-7K. Updated electronics? Shaker motor? Gold trim? Please.
It makes sense with the outrageous prices of MM.... but not with AFM. That's not to say it wouldn't sell I guess. I could see Cactus Canyon.... but I wouldn't want it. The one I played wasn't enjoyable at all. Maybe if they completed, updated/refined the code.
Just my 2 cents.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from getbettersam:

Hopefully a real game like Stargazer, Centaur, etc....Not a bunch of DMD crap...

#19 10 years ago

CENTAUR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#20 10 years ago

I would be in for monster bash. I already have a decent AFM. I might consider selling it and upgrading to a new one as I don't have the skills/patience to restore mine(needs new cab stickers and some minor playfield touch up). But since I paid less than $4k for my AFM, its not like I will lose money on it. Not at all interested in cactus canyon.

One thing I was wondering about is all the mods that have been created for these pins. With the new boards they are going to use, will there be any mod options?

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I would be in for Monster Bash. I already have a decent AFM.

Owned both but was not happy that they were old despite being nice. I will buy both NIB in a minute. I do think that the other releases have to come in cheaper than 8k. Thats MM money and they are cheaper. AFM and MB should come out at 7k.
Now BBB sure 8k makes sense.

Clearly my game money now sits awaiting each announcement.

#22 10 years ago

Zucot says it's afm, so I'd take that as a lead pipe lock.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from jedimojo:

Does it really make sense to remake a pin that sells for less than the remake would? Why would I buy an AFM for $8K when I could get the original for somewhere between $6-7K. Updated electronics? Shaker motor? Gold trim? Please.It makes sense with the outrageous prices of MM.... but not with AFM. That's not to say it wouldn't sell I guess. I could see Cactus Canyon.... but I wouldn't want it. The one I played wasn't enjoyable at all. Maybe if they completed, updated/refined the code.Just my 2 cents.

After MM - it gets cloudy. I would be interested in CC - but only with the updated code.

SS, AFM, MB - out of the three only MB rises over 8K - not sure how many of these titles would sell at that price point. Safe to say MM will sell the most.

#24 10 years ago

Cactus Canyon with finished code gets my vote! I'll make my own damn Bally logos to put on the thing

#25 10 years ago

I hope it's AFM. Love to own that or a MB.

#26 10 years ago

Monster Bash for me!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Cactus Canyon with finished code gets my vote! I'll make my own damn Bally logos to put on the thing

they don't even have to finish the code. EP already did it. Work has been done.

#28 10 years ago

My vote would be for Monster Bash but I would hope for a slightly less price point than MMr.

#29 10 years ago

Cactus Canyon with CCC rules.

#30 10 years ago

i'd love to see a new in box AFM in my garage !

#31 10 years ago

I hope you guys are a lot younger than I am waiting for all these "new pins" to arrive ...... actually, I'm thinking most everyone around here is!

#32 10 years ago

AFM would be great @ 7K everyone who wants one could get one NIB and add the Bill Ung mods themselves.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

AFM would be great @ 5K (max) everyone who wants one could get one NIB and add the Bill Ung mods themselves.

FTFY

#34 10 years ago

CCC and Kingpin.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I would be interested in CC - but only with the updated code.

That won't happen. Williams has stated the game has to play as originally produced or they won't sign off on the remake. Apparently, they still have say in this. I also heard from epthegeek that his software won't run on the new platform, it would need to be rewritten. It was over my head. lol.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

That won't happen. Williams has stated the game has to play as originally produced or they won't sign off on the remake. Apparently, they still have say in this. I also heard from epthegeek that his software won't run on the new platform, it would need to be rewritten. It was over my head. lol.

This is correct.

This is probably why Rick stated a while back that, 'CCC is a problem.'

My guess is that PPS has intentions on remaking CC but knows that nobody will *really* buy it with the old incomplete code now that CCC is out, runs on a different platform........and kicks ass!

Since the boards of these remakes are being redesigned, WMS might make sure that the new boards can't work with that platform as well.

#37 10 years ago

I thought it said play the same or better? CCC would definetly be better?

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I thought it said play the same or better? CCC would definetly be better?

that's not what i heard from the guy who wrote the software. i assume he was paying attention. Either way, it doesn't work with the new board set they are using, they will need to redo everything (i.e. pay Eric), so i doubt it will happen.

I don't think there will be any more b/w remakes unless they rethink the price point.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

that's not what i heard from the guy who wrote the software. i assume he was paying attention. Either way, it doesn't work with the new board set they are using, they will need to redo everything (i.e. pay Eric), so i doubt it will happen.

He knew exactly what he was doing which is why he programmed CCC to run on a totally different platform.

Smart, smart man!

#40 10 years ago

I cant wait to get my hands on a GG remake, hot ass bitches!

goldengirls460.jpggoldengirls460.jpg

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

goldengirls460.jpg 26 KB

you haven't passed out yet?

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

you haven't passed out yet?

You do realize Im the energizer bunny, unlike the dirty south.....

bunny-costume-for-kids-homemade-2.jpgbunny-costume-for-kids-homemade-2.jpg

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

goldengirls460.jpg 26 KB

GILF?

#44 10 years ago

I'd really like to see CV remade!

#45 10 years ago

How about BBB? Didn't Williams make one prototype?

#46 10 years ago

That hooker isn't in a field.
That a fahcking green screen.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

I'd really like to see CV remade!

How much will JPop charge PPS for using his patents?

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

How about BBB? Didn't Williams make one prototype?

According to Python, no.

WMS tried to reverse engineer BBB to their blueprint standards and stopped because it was consuming too much production time.

The project was scrapped and Cactus Canyon was released instead.

#49 10 years ago

AFM please. As my son says, "Poppy loves Tack' Mars". We already have "Evikal Madness".

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Not sure why they would care since their name has been stripped off the box. Same could be done with the code wherever "Williams" pops up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/after-mm-what-is-the-next-remake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.