Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0207.JPG
007.jpg
006.jpg
003.jpg
002.jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You mean the slot machine does not shoot out the ball even though the switch works?
I would still bend that switch wireform up a bit to ensure the ball rolls over and records it.
It is best to take off the apron to use a ball to test the trough switches out a good 30 times to make sure it records each time. One can just be intermittent and testing those trough switches one time will not catch a problem with them.

Exactly! It doesn't make any cense to me. I removed the slot machine scoop and ran the ball over the switch for about 10 minutes and according to the switch test it's fine. It chimed every time. When the ball goes down the scoop the slot machine on the display doesn't start. nothing happens for about 30 seconds. The machine then starts searching for the ball and eventually pops it out.

#52 9 years ago

That is a small board that is mounted close to the first ball that would kick out of the trough.
This will not affect how many balls are kicked out to the shooter lane.
If your game does detect the powerball when it is kicked to the shooter lane, the proximity switch is working.

That switch works fine

#53 9 years ago

PinballManiac40 and the rest of you who are trying to help, I want to thank you guys!!!

#54 9 years ago

And you stated the slot machine coil does fire during the coil test?

#55 9 years ago

I had issues with my TZ . I could not tell if it was coming from the playfield or the boards. I sent all boards to Clive for testing . He will test boards at a reasonable cost. And if he finds an issue then he will fix it and charge according to work done. He is very good at trouble shooting over the phone . He fix several board issues on my TZ. You are in a pickle . it may be worth it just to now for sure that it is not any of the boards . It sucks to be in this position I can relate .

The Coin-Op Cauldron
103 Armistead lane
Easley, SC 29642

Telephone: (864) 238 1707

100_0207.JPG100_0207.JPG
#56 9 years ago

Also can you remove the apron and test all three trough switches with a ball during the switch edge test multiple times? I do believe you have a flaky switch. Make sure there is not a wire about to break off on one of these trough switches. The green (switch ground) wire on the trough switches should be firmly connected. Occasionally i find the green wire is loose and pulls off easily.

#57 9 years ago

yup

#58 9 years ago

Something definitely weird is going on with your tz it may be something weird going on with the boards it wouldn't be a first . Sometimes I wish I could just teleport to help people out because its hard to do with back and forth mail lol. Maybe someone over the phone will be of more assistance .

#59 9 years ago

I know anytime I throw a ball in the slot machine to test it sld kick it out even in attract mode

#60 9 years ago

do you have the coin door closed while testing the slot machine. Coil power is cut when the door is open.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

do you have the coin door closed while testing the slot machine. Coil power is cut when the door is open.

I dont think it is on tz that switch wasn't put active till after tz but I guess someone could of hooked it up?

#62 9 years ago

I called the guy I bought the machine from and he really thinks it's a bad 9.4H CPU rom, or something else is bad on the board. He is sending me another CPU and another MPU board. I hope this fixes it.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I dont think it is on tz that switch wasn't put active till after tz but I guess someone could of hooked it up?

I think the 9.4H rom is the only one for TZ that has that. Wait, maybe I'm thinking of TAFG....

Either way, flaky switches won't be affected by a new CPU board or any kind of rom chip replacement. Your safest bet is to double check all the wiring going to and from those trough switches to make sure they aren't about to break off or anything. Plus, it could be just as simple as constantly pressing down on the switch over and over about 100 times to sort of "clean it out" on the inside. I had a couple switches on my TAF that were acting as yours and that's all it took to fix them.

The weird thing is the slot scoop. It's acting like it's not seeing the switch activate, but the coil still works sounds like a textbook "ball not fully engaging the switch" situation. Maybe it's time to start checking diodes on the switches that are acting funny. Check to see that the diodes are attached and that they are working when the switch gets activated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.50
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
$ 22.50
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/after-lost-in-the-zone/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.