Doctor_Who_4.jpg
Doctor_Who_2.jpg
Doctor_Who_3.jpg
BaconApplePieFinal-300x300.jpg
Game-of-Thrones-Season-3-1788115.jpg
PinZombies.jpg
images.jpeg
stirthepot.gif
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

What licenses does jack have in the works?

#2 10 years ago

rumor is an original theme, possibly a sequel to haunted house. Jack has already said every pin will be a widebody, the only way to get bigger is to add a level

#3 10 years ago

hopefully Star wars

#4 10 years ago

Way too early to be speculating on this...at least let game one get to the masses!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Way too early to be speculating on this...at least let game one get to the masses!

For reals. It will be years before you need to think about that.

#6 10 years ago

Hobbit is for 2015 ?

Guess the third one will be in 2018. Really looking foward for more infos. They said their normal body is a large one but are they looking to have fast pace pins too ?

3 pins per decade ? They will need to improove their numbers if they want a bigger piece of the pie.

Just my opinion. I did not intend to bash on anyone. But you need competition to have a healthy environment for customers. Stern had it way too easy.

#7 10 years ago

Who cares ?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Hobbit is for 2015 ?

Guess the third one will be in 2018. Really looking foward for more infos. They said their normal body is a large one but are they looking to have fast pace pins too ?

3 pins per decade ? They will need to improove their numbers if they want a bigger piece of the pie.

Where did you get your schedule from ?

Hobbit is planned for June 2014, that is all has ever been posted.

And at one time JJP was talking a game a year.

LTG : )

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#10 10 years ago

To all you haters out there. What risk have you taken, are you invested like Jack. No, your sitting behind your computer bitching and hoping someone will fail. Jack is doing great things for this hobby. Support or shut up....and move on. That is all.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

To all you haters out there. What risk have you taken, are you invested like Jack. No, your sitting behind your computer bitching and hoping someone will fail. Jack is doing great things for this hobby. Support or shut up....and move on. That is all.

Lol, relax man it's a forum people can say whatever they want to.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Oh go away. Your pins are about as fresh as a Foghat Concert.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

*you're*

I agree, Jack is doing great things for this hobby.... but people can say what they please. I'm tired of posters trying to shout other people down on the forums.
Even if I agree with you.

#14 10 years ago

I simply do not care that far out.

I am waiting to see more hobbit pictures.

One pin per manufacturer at a time. I will care further out after I win the 550M megabucks

Until then....

Eggbert you make it sound like a Foghat concert is a bad thing ??

#15 10 years ago

appropiately, "slow ride"

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I simply do not care that far out.
I am waiting to see more hobbit pictures.
One pin per manufacturer at a time. I will care further out after I win the 550M megabucks
Until then....
Eggbert you make it sound like a Foghat concert is a bad thing ??

That Powerball is mine....all mine...my pretty...

or should I say since we're talking Hobbit...my Precious!

#18 10 years ago

Promo video

#19 10 years ago

Chapter 11 most likely

Just can't help yourself hey Trev

stirthepot.gifstirthepot.gif

#20 10 years ago

pin 3 won't be here until 2018, what difference does it make. Lets see pin 1 fill all the orders first.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

pin 3 won't be here until 2018, what difference does it make. Lets see pin 1 fill all the orders first.

2018? Man, you guys love to hate.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

What licenses does jack have in the works?

He has to make 1000 more WOZ first (minimum) and at 10 a week that's going to take a little while.

Then Hobbit ....

What's the point of asking about the third title?

Let the dude make the first two first!

rd.

#23 10 years ago

I would love to see an original title. Tired of the movie and band pins themes. What happened to creative thinking? I guess if Stern and JJP are trying to expand outside of home collectors they have to, but give me one at least...

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Oh go away. Your pins are about as fresh as a Foghat Concert.

You may want to try a few of the old, tired, unfresh B/W pins. Some of them were actually pretty good. To dump on someones collection is pretty lame.

#25 10 years ago

I'd love to see one of these companies have the ballz too start making some original titles... stop with the constant movie/band theme and start giving us some stuff that will stretch the imagination a little bit. IMO, that's one of the problems here... ORIGINALITY!

#26 10 years ago

I heard something about Pinball Circus at one point. No idea if it's true.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

I heard something about Pinball Circus

YEAH!!!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

I heard that too but don't think it would be good. Maybe if they just do a limited number run.

#29 10 years ago

And as far as a third pin lets see the othere 2 first.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

Good! We need something new and fresh. I'm half expecting the next release to be GWAR.

#31 10 years ago

Hopefully Elvira 3!

#32 10 years ago

Haunted House, Star Wars, Elvira 3 (would need Dennis Nordman)...all great ideas.

Quoted from vid1900:

Promo video
» Sound of Music YouTube video

LOL...my mom would be all over that one.

--Luke

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

What risk have you taken, are you invested like Jack. No, your sitting behind your computer bitching and hoping someone will fail. Jack is doing great things for this hobby. Support or shut up....and move on. That is all.

1. I'm not sure how much of the "RISK" Jack has taken when he has fully prepaid pinball machines years before delivery.... I would say the buyers are holding the (financial) risk.

2. Criticizing Jack is NOT the same as hoping he will fail.... how do you not get that? In fact, of all the critical posts Ive seen (and, yes, there are lots) I can hardly recall any that actually want LESS competition in pinball and fewer providers of our toys.

3. I agree that Jack is doing great things for pinball... its when he gets elevated to benevolent sainthood that my eyes roll a bit.... but to the point of him going great things for pinball? I agree 100%. I think Stern carried the torch (solo) after Williams abandoned us, and I give them credit for it. However, the industry stagnated and I give jack credit for (hopefully) changing that!

4. "Support or Shutup?" - Oh is that how things work here? lol.... good luck with that.... btw, The Cuban and North Korean Ministries of Information give you thumbs-up for your position, however.

#34 10 years ago

Whatever is cool when your kids kids are buying pins!

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

Last I heard, it didnt sound like it was going to pan out, at least at JJP.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

The recording on Pinball News from PPE last year, Jack mentioned about being contracted to assemble it.

Somebody else was working on it, and other than Python's talks, doesn't seem to have moved forward much.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Where did you get your schedule from ?
Hobbit is planned for June 2014, that is all has ever been posted.
And at one time JJP was talking a game a year.

Did not meant to offend anyone, like I said, I just wish we could have more pinballs from many companies to choose from. What is so bad in that ?

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

You are overreacting. Because some trolls said stupid things in the past you assume people are all looking to bash at Stern, Jack or anyone else. The point was : WE NEED MORE MACHINES.

#39 10 years ago

hobbit in 2015 might have to do with the license deal, maybe they can't release a pin until the movie comes out (just like metallica pushed star trek out till later). Granted one of them are out, Jack might be incorporating the trilogy which doesn't end until 2014 (unlike Stern that pushes out a pin as soon as the first one comes out, LOTR, iron man, etc).

Jack might also be setting up for a more realistic goal, instead of backpedaling like he did for oz? He should have known the first pin would take the longest (hiring designers, programmers, assembly workers, setting up a factory, building up a library of 3d parts, etc etc etc). I would think it would speed up for the 2nd pin now that all that is setup, but there has to be a good reason behind his date.

#40 10 years ago

It's going to be Bill & Teds XXX Fast and Furian Apocolypse Floyd Hogwarts Muppet Adventure!

I would like to see a comic style Walking Dead. It could be more timeless without actors on it. Maybe Stern will step up. Jack said he wanted family themes, like Smaug.

#41 10 years ago

Jack's original timeline (and agreement with the movie studio) called for the pin to release with the third movie in July of '14. The movie got moved to Dec, but he would still like to release the pin a few months ahead of that if allowed (close to the original timeline). I think they will be ready. They will most likely take some advantage of the additional time afforded by the move, but I don't think they will be slipping months beyond the movie release. There's lots of time to design a single game on a now established platform between now and then. Any speculation to the contrary is just pot stirring IMO.

Post edited by heckheck : Incorrectly put '15 instead of '14

#42 10 years ago

I bet he will see all that interest generated on the Big Lebowski thread and make that one in time for the 20th anniversary of the movie. You heard it here first.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

Jack's original timeline (and agreement with the movie studio) called for the pin to release with the third movie in July of '15. The movie got moved to Dec, but he would still like to release the pin a few months ahead of that if allowed (close to the original timeline). I think they will be ready. They will most likely take some advantage of the additional time afforded by the move, but I don't think they will be slipping months beyond the movie release. There's lots of time to design a single game on a now established platform between now and then. Any speculation to the contrary is just pot stirring IMO.

You mean July '14, change years to 2014 and the rest is correct.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

You mean July '14, change years to 2014 and the rest is correct.

You're right. Fixed it. Thanks.
-Jim

#45 10 years ago

If they did a 70's LeMans pin with a Porsche 917 on the translite, I'll put money down on the Gulf LE.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

That Powerball is mine....all mine...my pretty...
or should I say since we're talking Hobbit...my Precious!

The powerball in The Hobbit is gold.

#47 10 years ago

I vote Highlander or Mad Max, I think both of those would make a pretty good game, I can think of a lot of modes and toys for both of them.

#48 10 years ago

JJP haters: wash rinse repeat

#49 10 years ago

One step at a time please....Let get Hobbit out the door first.

#50 10 years ago

Exactly lets see if he gets to a third game without running out of money. I just hope hobbit ends up being better than the horrid cabinet art and silly looking powder coat. So surprised he did not do gold for armor. I hate the color he chose and until I see a original design playfield wise I have zero excitement for hobbit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/after-hobbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.