(Topic ID: 16821)

After a decade.... Pin #2 NIB TRON. I blame Pinside.

By Boatshoe

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Boatshoe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tron.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

After searching craigslist for a few months and missing at least 3 or 4 deals. I caved and bought a new Tron. Its a good game to go with my old lady TZ. I needed a younger model!

I completely blame Pinside. It was "Tron Tron" this, and "Tron Tron" that. "Look at my fancy mods!"

I love the movie (if only for eye candy). Love the game, so TRON it was!

"Welcome Back Program"

Tron.jpgTron.jpg

#2 11 years ago
    Quoted from Boatshoe:

It was "Tron Tron" this, and "Tron Tron" that. "Look at my fancy mods!"

Pretty much describes almost every Tron thread. Congrats on Pin #2!!

#3 11 years ago

Welcome to Tronside! I got mine set up on Thursday. It's a blast. Enjoy. Now I haves few mods to add down the road.

#4 11 years ago

Nice! Tell us howyou like it!

#5 11 years ago

You took it out of the box wrong

Congratulations, and soon to follow #3... and 4.....

By the way, welcome to Pinside to another fellow Northern VA pinsider. Our numbers are growing by the month it seems.

#6 11 years ago

When you take them out flat like that, don't you have to do more lifting to get the first two legs on? I have never had a NIB, so have never had to deal with it.

#7 11 years ago

haha...doesn't it look so small in that pic? Until you gotta move that sucker! Nice pick up man...enjoy!

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Boatshoe:

I completely blame Pinside

I feel your pain (er...joy). I blame Pinside for my purchase of Tron Pro last week. I'm making room for it in my gameroom right now.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

doesn't it look so small in that pic?

I thought the same thing, looks like one of those little model pinball machines.

#10 11 years ago

Enjoy your new game.

This is sure to be a classic staple in alot of collections.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

When you take them out flat like that, don't you have to do more lifting to get the first two legs on? I have never had a NIB, so have never had to deal with it.

Yes, but then you can use the box for your artificial christmas tree! That's the plan here.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Boatshoe:

I completely blame Pinside.

I'm terribly, terribly sorry about this all!

#13 11 years ago

Haha, Thanks everyone. I took out my Tron out of the box according to some instructions I downloaded on the net. It is happy meal sized, but I think that just makes the game even faster!

I'll be keeping my eye out for a reasonably priced LOTR and SM on craigslist as always while I play Tron. They are tough games to find. Also I am poor now. lol

#14 11 years ago

You will see that its not Hype. Its a great pin just watch out for the disk when it breaks in after a few gamesit will make your head spin sometimes.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shadow:

Yes, but then you can use the box for your artificial christmas tree! That's the plan here.

Lol, I plan on doing the same thing with my box when I open mine

#16 11 years ago

welcome to the tron-club

#17 11 years ago

Best game out there that has been released. Enjoy!!!

#18 11 years ago

I need to go play this one some more I guess....didn't like the pro version at all, I don't get it but I also didn't get LOTR at first either and think it's the best overall pin out there that I have played...

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

By the way, welcome to Pinside to another fellow Northern VA pinsider. Our numbers are growing by the month it seems.

How do you mean - Are you supposed to cut the box?

#20 11 years ago

Congrats to you! Hmmmm...all you dang pinsiders are making me rethink my dislike/indifference toward TRON. Someone plz commit to bringing one to the pinvitational in October?!?!?!?!?

#21 11 years ago

That is awesome, hope you have that bad boy set up and rockin already.

#22 11 years ago

Boatshoe - I fully agree with your assessment of Pinside. While I liked pinball before this website, sometime after signing up here I became hooked. (mildly addicted, if you would) Next thing you know, machines began to populate in my house like rabbits in the wild. My only recommendation to you is begin to save your money now...........you're going to need a bigger house soon enough.

#23 11 years ago

Tron is definitely the hottest title out there right now, although I suspect people will be similarly clamoring for the AC/DC LE's in the near future.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from mulder2010:

DCFAN said:

How do you mean - Are you supposed to cut the box?

You are supposed to cut the box after taking the legs out from the top. Then you install the front legs while the game is sitting on its back end. Then you tilt the game so that it is resting on its front legs and back corner. Then get some help and lift the back end and install the back legs.

Stern has instructional series videos on youtube on how to unbox and setup a machine.

#25 11 years ago

I'm enjoying Tron, but my disc sounds like a lawn mower. I played 2 different Tron Pros on location. 1 location was a bar, so the backround noise was loud. The other place was pretty quiet. I never noticed the disc noise before.

Has anyone had luck with the 3 in 1 oil? I read that it sometimes makes it better.

#26 11 years ago

Fair warning! My first pin was also a TZ, which I also had for over a decade. I bought my second machine less than two years ago. I now have 7. That is all.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Boatshoe:

I'm enjoying Tron, but my disc sounds like a lawn mower. I played 2 different Tron Pros on location. 1 location was a bar, so the backround noise was loud. The other place was pretty quiet. I never noticed the disc noise before.

If you "hear" the disk spinning I have the perfect solution.

Step 1: Open your coin door (do not attempt step 2 unless you complete step 1)
    Step 2: Turn up your volume to 52 bc this is how the game was meant to be played.
    Step 3: Close and Lock your coin door.
    Step 4: Enjoy the game as it was ment to be played.

Its a motor spinning at a good RPM. Its not going to be silent. If you cant turn the volume then the pop bumper sound may bother you also.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Boatshoe:

Has anyone had luck with the 3 in 1 oil? I read that it sometimes makes it better.

Yes, lube at both ends, right on the shaft, and it will be quieter and faster. It still makes noise, but it shouldn't have a grinding sound, more like a loud hum.

#29 11 years ago

Its a great pin, if you got it because of the pinside, all the better!

#30 11 years ago

So how do u like it besides the first 20 or so games getting your ass kicked.

#31 11 years ago

lol I was loving it last night, and I doubt this is really a good score, but I got my initials in the #3 spot. 30 mil or something. I was excited. I don't remember the last time I got my initials on ANYTHING. Shooting Quorra and through the bumpers is really tough for me.

Then I went back to TZ, and the transition was rather jarring. It was SO SLOW. Like I said, I had that game 10 years, never got my initials in it. I am just not that great a player. I got 585million on ball 1. Three extra balls during that run, and ended up with 713 million. The #1 factory initials spot is 700. ALMOST got LOTZ. So close...... After TRON and TZ I was super, super pumped.

#32 11 years ago

I did plunge Gem after watching that PAPA video.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/after-a-decade-pin-2-nib-tron-i-blame-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.