Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
skb_ratings_100713.gif
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

EDIT; never edited this thread. But long story short (for my stalker fans out there), acdc could not hold the title.

#2 10 years ago

Nice! It's a great pin for sure. Definitely one of the best ever!

#3 10 years ago

Wow, a good thoughtful and earnest attempt to rate the games. I applaud you. I think I stopped looking at the game ratings when it started to degrade into the haters and proponents unduly trying to raise or lower scores on games. I don't own ACDC, but I do think it's a great game and enjoy playing it. For whatever reason, I just really love ringing that damn bell.

#4 10 years ago

What kind of top ten doesnt even have Spidey on it, its a fake list!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

ROFL CF! SM is....well....um....uh....better than lamp?

EDIT
...and apparently better than BDK

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Fake list?! That's some funny stuff!!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Wow, a good thoughtful and earnest attempt to rate the games. I applaud you. I think I stopped looking at the game ratings when it started to degrade into the haters and proponents unduly trying to raise or lower scores on games. I don't own ACDC, but I do think it's a great game and enjoy playing it. For whatever reason, I just really love ringing that damn bell.

Ya, there's a lot of people who try and throw 10's and 2's all over the place. Im still finding it hard to rate a game i love a 10; and a game i despize (see CF's post) a 2. Ratings may not accurately depict the best and worst of games; but they do serve their purpose, even if its only on a personal level.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ya, there's a lot of people who try and throw 10's and 2's all over the place. Im still finding it hard to rate a game i love a 10; and a game i despize (see CF's post) a 2. Ratings may not accurately depict the best and worst of games; but they do serve their purpose, even if its only on a personal level.

I think I figured it out, you have arachnophobia and therefore have left slanted ratings, I mean, come on, Fish Tales is better? I enjoy fish tales for the record, its such a brutal game if you are off on the boat ramp shots.

#9 10 years ago

Cool. That actually says a lot about LOTR in that it was your #1 for 6 years.

I guess we’ll see if AC/DC can stay that high for that long. I do agree that I can't find a game that deserves a ten, favorite or not. A 10 indicates that it is perfect in every way. I haven’t found a pin like that yet but, I also try to keep my emotions in check.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I think I figured it out, you have arachnophobia and therefore have left slanted ratings, I mean, come on, Fish Tales is better? I enjoy Fish Tales for the record, its such a brutal game if you are off on the boat ramp shots.

FT got me into pinball back in the early 90s. So there's some undisclosed love for it. Im sure if I I ever owned it; that rating would fall lol

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

have two go to start strategies

I'd like to hear what they are.

#12 10 years ago

#13 10 years ago

I'd like to hear what they are.

This is just off the top of my head as I'm at work. Keep in mind; there's A LOT of variables to consider since the rules are so involving. But typically; its like this:

Strat 1:
RnR train (light jam mb but switch songs)
Rosie or LTBR(play jam mb)
Shook me or TNT (play album mb)
H2H (if I haven't drained and know I can get 2x going for hell pf)
Random song (if I light jam - and knock it out)
Hell ain't a bad place (light tour)
War machine or LTBR (play tour) -
Random song (to light jam) Or play BIB (if album is lit)
Hells bells (cash in my song jp with 3X)
If I made it to this point with no drains - I'm usually high on a rush and don't care what comes next
If I have drained which usually does happen; I bump hells bells down the list and insert higher risk bigger jp songs like thunderstruck
Insert for those about to rock if I just completed an album or jam mb

Strat 2:
Shook me
Thunderstruck (play jam mb)
Rosie if tour isnt lit; otherwise LTBR or WM (play tour)
TNT (play album - big song bonus jp at this point)
BIB (play jam or album)
H2H
RnR train (if no mb's lit)
Hells bells (with a mb to cash in)

image.jpgimage.jpg

#14 10 years ago

Sounds like you're convincing yourself getting rid of LOTR was a good thing.

#15 10 years ago

Welcome to the dark side.
I just like the fact that you are passionate enough to rate your machines and put that out for others to critique. Nice list. AC/DC is a great game, your list is pretty nice too.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You REALLY, TRULY enjoy ACDC more than AVLE?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is just off the top of my head as I'm at work. Keep in mind; there's A LOT of variables to consider since the rules are so involving. But typically; its like this:
Strat 1:
RnR train (light jam mb but switch songs)
Rosie or LTBR(play jam mb)
Shook me or TNT (play album mb)
H2H (if I haven't drained and know I can get 2x going for hell pf)
Random song (if I light jam - and knock it out)
War machine or LTBR (play tour) -
Random song (to light jam) Or play BIB (if album is lit)
Hells bells (cash in my song jp with 3X)
If I made it to this point with no drains - I'm usually high on a rush and don't care what comes next
If I have drained which usually does happen; I bump hells bells down the list and insert higher risk bigger jp songs like thunderstruck
Insert for those about to rock if I just completed an album or jam mb
Strat 2:
Shook me
Thunderstruck (play jam mb)
Rosie if tour isnt lit; otherwise LTBR or WM (play tour)
TNT (play album - big song bonus jp at this point)
BIB (play jam or album)
H2H
RnR train (if no mb's lit)
Hells bells (with a mb to cash in)

Yeah, but why? And do you not try to stack MBs?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What kind of top ten even have the Avengers on it, its a fake list!

Fixed it for ya, CF.

#19 10 years ago

The only time I try to stack an mb is if I have a huge song JP built and I have hells bells ready to start. Ill try and get more descriptive with my strategies later on in the week. Worked super late tonight and now spending time with the baby. In fact; I just played a game while he watched - 4 songs from encore (not too bad). Then I played a game with him sitting on the stool and he fired the cannons! Lol. We got 58 mil. He loves ACDC. Btw he's 11 mos old. Here he is...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Sounds like you're convincing yourself getting rid of LOTR was a good thing.

Hah. I sold LoTR nearly a year ago. Loaned it last Xmas to RobT who ended up buying it. Played a LoTR LE a couple months ago; still got a lot of love for it but after 6 years of ownership, i was ready to let it go. The icing on the cake was when RobT offered to sell it back to me; I decided to go play it to see if I wanted it back in my small lineup. I got to valinor, called it a day - gave it a kiss and said bye. It's now but a memory...one of the best games ever. Will ACDC last 6 years in my #1? Only time will tell.

#22 10 years ago

LOL at trying to spin it to claim the art on ACDC is anywhere remotely good! And then to compare it to Metallica...ROTFL!!!!!

#23 10 years ago

380 SJP ? How was that for a adrenaline rush ? You need a WOZ in your collection so you can balance your adrenaline levels !

I am so jealous .

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL at trying to spin it to claim the art on ACDC is anywhere remotely good! And then to compare it to Metallica...ROTFL!!!!!

I wasn't trying to compare it to MET; maybe it came out that way. My point is that ACDC looks like a music pin and Metallica does not; despite its great art. It's not a dis on Metallica; MET is creative in its own right.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So here's to you ACDC; you have claimed the top seed on my personal list. Good luck with your endeavor to hold that spot.

Thats ok it takes some people longer then others to acknowledge greatness when they come across it.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The playfield art may not be better but the gameplay/rules more then makes up for it and shines over Metallica.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You REALLY, TRULY enjoy ACDC more than AVLE?

Thats like saying would you rather eat a nice Filet Mignon (acdc) or some finely cook Spam (avengers). I guess some people like spam somewhere in the world.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Its best to not stack MB's if your goal is trying to work to encore. If playing for max score you really dont want to play more then 4-6 songs in the game & which may be determined by which Song Bonus you are close to in either Tour or Album MB. Getting the triple stack can be very nice if you pick the right song to potentially collect 3 song jackpots (bonus & regular)

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Thats like saying would you rather eat a nice Filet Mignon (acdc) or some finely cook Spam (Avengers). I guess some people like spam somewhere in the world.

I freaking love SPAM.

#30 10 years ago

Spams ok but Filet for me. Just had dinner.image.jpgimage.jpg

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Spams ok but Filet for me. Just had dinner.

image.jpg 665 KB

Awesome pic. So Dave...I know you love ACDC, but how do you rank it compared to IM and AVLE? Based on how much I play each game right now (and for a number of weeks now)...its IM, AVLE then ACDC. Beforehand it was AVLE, IM, ACDC, by a wide margin. I like and respect ACDC as a game. I own it so that should prove it....but the proof is in the pudding, I must like AVLE and IM better, because that's what the audits say. What do yours say, because I know you have - and love - all three.

#32 10 years ago

In the last month, AC/DC has been played way more than anything else in the gameroom. I am wondering if I really need Apollo 13 and DM anymore. It may make more sense to trade them for a Metallica. They are pretty good games, but I just don't play them much with the other 3 there.

AC/DC - 354
Guns n Roses - ~50
STTNG - 6
Apollo 13 - 2
Demolition Man - 1

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I will also add to this discussion that I feel like I am a mode based type player. So that says a lot about ACDC IMO.

Interesting. I prefer mode based pins as well, it is one of the reasons I haven't jumped on the AC/DC bandwagon. I am also worried that AC/DC is best enjoyed by better pin players than me as I am not sure I have the skills to appreciate the strategic depth you are talking about. I have played one a few times, and really liked it, but I just get the vibe that it wouldn't really suit me for long term.

#34 10 years ago

Actually I think I play TAV until tired then some quick IM, MET and always finish with ACDC. Not sure that says anything good or bad as its the one game I also bang a few out on.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Interesting. I prefer mode based pins as well, it is one of the reasons I haven't jumped on the AC/DC bandwagon. I am also worried that AC/DC is best enjoyed by better pin players than me as I am not sure I have the skills to appreciate the strategic depth you are talking about. I have played one a few times, and really liked it, but I just get the vibe that it wouldn't really suit me for long term.

It really took awhile for ACDC to click. I knew the rules and strategy existed; but it took nearly 6 mos to break through and see it. Then another 6 mos to reveal an even bigger light of strategy. Can't wait for what the next 6 mos offer

The best thing I did to my ACDC was bring the outlanes in. It wasnt til then that I started seeing the depth and different strategies.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

In the last month, AC/DC has been played way more than anything else in the gameroom. I am wondering if I really need Apollo 13 and DM anymore. It may make more sense to trade them for a Metallica. They are pretty good games, but I just don't play them much with the other 3 there.
AC/DC - 354
Guns n Roses - ~50
STTNG - 6
Apollo 13 - 2
Demolition Man - 1

Metallica Pro is best pro Stern have done - my opinion only.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Then another 6 mos to reveal an even bigger light of strategy.

I think the obscurity of the rules is totally what drives MY interest in this game. There is so much to discover.

-Wes

#38 10 years ago

Have to agree on

1) Acdc premium is top notch. Also my number 1. Was even no 1 for a short moment on ipdb image.jpgimage.jpg

6 months later
#39 10 years ago

Well, it lasted 6 mos but I just can't give acdc the crown over LoTR in my top 10. LoTR is still my all time favorite! But acdc is 2 for now

image.jpgimage.jpg

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

AC/DC - 354Guns n Roses - ~50STTNG - 6Apollo 13 - 2Demolition Man - 1

Off topic, but am I the only one that plays all my machines equally? I don't get why people don't just cycle through their machines equally? I have 28, and they all get the same amount of time. I mean new ones to the lineup see more time initially, but after they are worked into the mix, I cycle left to right equally.

If I come across a game that I don't look forward to playing, and this happens for a month, it gets sold, but this is very rare. It's too random deciding otherwise, and you start to not play machines that you likely would still enjoy.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Off topic, but am I the only one that plays all my machines equally? I don't get why people don't just cycle through their machines equally? I have 28, and they all get the same amount of time. I mean new ones to the lineup see more time initially, but after they are worked into the mix, I cycle left to right equally.
If I come across a game that I don't look forward to playing, and this happens for a month, it gets sold, but this is very rare. It's too random deciding otherwise, and you start to not play machines that you likely would still enjoy.

I just play what I feel like playing when I go out to the gameroom. I am upgrading all of the lighting on my older games, and I expect to play them a bit more when done. I have each game wired to a switch on the wall, and I turn on the games that I feel like playing when I enter the garage. Sometimes I will only play one of the games that I turn on. If I am not the only one out there, I will usually just turn them all on.

#42 10 years ago

LOTR was my top game for a while too... It is now #2 but I assume not many of you would rate my new #1 that high (and it's not ACDC which is one of my favorite pins...)

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

LOTR was my top game for a while too... It is now #2 but I assume not many of you would rate my new #1 that high (and it's not ACDC which is one of my favorite pins...)

Try me...what's your #1 now?

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

A lot of people throw 10's and 2's all over the place.

Yeah, they give any game they own 10s and any game they don't 2s.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

He's 11 mos old.

But how much does he have in his e-Trade account?

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Try me...what's your #1 now?

Click on my rankings (the icon adjacent to 122). Nothing secret.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Fire Ball! Classic iconic 70's

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Oops! Sorry...rookie mistake. That's a surprising #1!

4 months later
#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

AC/DC - 354
Guns n Roses - ~50
STTNG - 6
Apollo 13 - 2
Demolition Man - 1

So, almost a year later, I have a new number 1 in the gameroom...Metallica!

Almost a year ago, I was debating whether or not to get rid of Apollo 13 and Demolition Man to get a Metallica. About a month and a half ago, I got rid of those along with STTNG. I decided to get a Refinery Edition Metallica, and it has turned out to be the best pinball decision I have ever made. I am having a great time playing this pin! I have already put ~450 games on it, so I am playing it a little more than I initially played AC/DC. I like AC/DC, but Metallica is on a whole different level. The stock game is fun, but the Refinery mods bump it way up on the fun meter. I have enjoyed pinball since the mid 80s, but I have never had this much fun with it before. I can't wait to see what game will eventually come out to take the throne away from Metallica in my gameroom. I cannot imagine a better pin than this right now, but I have said that before a few times. lol

I am also thinking of expanding the collection a bit. I was going to stick to 5 as the limit, but I think I will start buying up some of the lower end games and play them while I wait for the next new game that I just can't live without. Selling off the three pins for Metallica was a good experience for me. I lost some money when I sold them, but I had a bit of fun with them while I had them, so no big deal. I thought I was over the acquisition phase of this hobby, but I was fooling myself. I just really enjoy bringing home toys. Who knows, one of these interim games may become a new favorite. If I get rid of some arcade games, I should be able to fit 12 pins out there without much trouble. This might be fun.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well, it lasted 6 mos but I just can't give acdc the crown over LoTR in my top 10. LoTR is still my all time favorite! But acdc is 2 for now.

And gone now too? What gives?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
$ 12.95
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 7.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

16,500 (Firm)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/after-6-yearsi-have-a-new-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.