(Topic ID: 215111)

After 2+ years...Do You Still Like Your GOT Prem/LE Upper Playfield?

By charles4400

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180523_164616 (resized).jpg
20180523_164603 (resized).jpg
20180523_164532 (resized).jpg
20180523_164441 (resized).jpg
20180523_163957 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
7E5C2766-CD25-474E-941F-9EE27801CE1C (resized).jpeg
DBBB9E68-04DA-431D-AD19-D8D6891CAEEC (resized).jpeg
14602220-225D-4A87-8CE1-485F50902E22 (resized).jpeg
48AF3BD3-116A-4ECF-925E-D3F193EC3E27 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Here’s the left orbit fix.

Here’s a view of ball travel between the two games. The pro ramp is so long that the time to flipper is virtual the same if you don’t flip on the upper playfield

Hah! Nice try. I used to make this same exact argument for TFLE ironhide ramp vs the pro. Reality is, It's not just about travel time, but the flow and feeling of the shot and ramp. Pro owns this aspect big time (as it does on TF pro as well). The Stark Pro ramp is such a great ramp to hit especially off a right to left orbit return; that feeling is lost on the prem/le. The pro flows better than any other pin around, its not just a pro vs le debate cause it's one of, if not the best, flowing pins out there. That said, does that make it better than the prem/le? NO! it depends on what you as a player prefer and are looking for in a home environment - speed & flow vs aesthetics and variety. I really dig the upper playfield on GOT, but i do feel it's chemistry does not suit well with the rest of the ruleset as it feels like the rules were built around the pro. If the game ever gets that last rinse of polish that it deserves and needs, I hope that upper playfield ruleset is revisited. And for those that think being able to increase mode timers on the upper playfield is a mark against the pro; keep in mind that the pro plays so good and fast you dont need time extensions haha. And the pops do award time extensions, not that you typically need it.

Bottom line, both are great. Try them both and pick the version that suits your personal pinball needs.

1 week later
#49 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

For those who like the pro better, is it because you play it on location (don't own it and therefore dont play it as much) or do you have it in home and spent significant time on it but still prefer it without the upper playfield?
It seems to me that if it were just on location it might be more fun to play the pro as it seems more accessible for someone that doesnt want to get into the deep rules or simply doesnt have the time (or quarters) to do so. But maybe in a home environment the prem/le might be better because you can really sink your teeth into it for an indefinite amount of time to appreciate the upper playfield?
In other words do you have to invest alot of time into it to enjoy (and understand) the upper playfield? Wondering if visiting frineds and family will enjoy the premium if they just play it for a short time.
I havent (and may not) get a chance to play either one, i am only seeing videos of gameplay but by theme alone this pin will end up in the lineup.
I just keep bouncing back and forth from pro to prem and still need help which way to go...argghhh!!!
BIG QUESTION:
Do you think the prem is worth a nib price of $7300 In todays market?

I’ve owned my pro for 2 1/2 years. It’s a fantastic game flow and rules wise. I do not prefer the prem or LE gameplay wise; art wise they smoke the pro. Problem with prem that I have is that the entire games ruleset is built around the pro. The stark ramp whipping around to the left flipper like a true ramp is the biggest difference between the 2 models, but the upper playfield also lacks interesting rules that don’t synergizes well like the pro does. There is also a visibility factor that helps a lot on the pro because the ramps and orbits are so fast.

The only thing I can say is better than the pro is that it’s a harder game because of all things I mentioned above.

That all said, there’s quite a few bugs in GOT. One of which is a big game changer and you have to nerf settings for winter multiball if you don’t want anyone to duplicate the bug and get 30 billion points on your game. This is a little bit of a downer because winter multiball needs a tweak for the better, not nerfed for the worse.

1 month later
#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

After 2+ years, it would be nice to have a final update to balance the house powers better and fix a few of the remaining bugs (not many?).
Rob

stacking winter has come and wall multiball (and you don't even have to complete a mode) has a pretty serious bug.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/after-2-yearsdo-you-still-like-your-got-premle-upper-playfield?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.