Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MapleSyrup
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20140316_173849_901.jpg
IMG_20140316_173707_563.jpg
Picard WTF.jpeg
81388661.jpg
IMG_0467.JPG

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

His post was a report about how his WOZ "finally broke down"! That verbiage sounds like an indictment, like it was overdue.

My topic title was not meant to be a jab at either JJP, or WOZ.

It's a friggin pinball machine!!!

Pinball machines break down.

Maybe I should have chosen better wording.

#52 4 years ago

People need to stop automatically assuming that when anyone uses the acronym of WOZ that political pinball positions need to be established by both camps again.

#53 4 years ago

Thanks DaveH and everyone else for the help.

As I said earlier, I absolutely love my WOZ.

I apologize for posting this with wording I used in the topic.

What I meant to put across is that it's a pinball machine...pinball machines break down on occasion. My collection isn't as large, or as nice, as some of the collections other pinsiders have. It seems I'm always either shopping out a machine, machining parts for a machine, or repairing a machine.....I love this hobby.

WOZ, IMO is by far the best built pinball machine I've ever owned, (and prettiest).

And everyone, please just take a deep breath, and chill out. I never meant for any personal attacks to take place in this thread....we're all one big "happy family" here on pinside....right?

We're all here for the love of pinball.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Hypocrites really get my goat.
I'd like to see documentation of this 99 out of 100 lie. Intelligent people find my input at least mildly humorous most of the time. My thumbs up to post count ratio is usually as high as anyone's on here, higher than most. I just don't post 50 times a day.
I believe we are all entitled to contribute in whatever way we see fit. If I'm abusive, I think I would heave heard something about it before this.
Don't tell me about reality setting in when you get married, it really sets in when your wife gets killed in a car wreck, like happened to me.

Hypocrites really get my goat too. I'll copy 100 of your snippy, snarky, "could have gone unsaid" type posts if you really want me to. And where is your documentation for your "facts"? Intelligent people find your input mildly amusing?? Do you have solid evidence? Is it your definition of intelligent? I don't post 50 times a day either, nor do I count my thumbs up ratio. I just get tired of the snippy, snarky UNECCESARY retorts to everyone's posts on here. If it isn't by you, it's by one of the other Snark Club.You are one of the leaders of it. I don't really care if an OP is wrong, reposting, rehashing an old topic, asking a question that's been asked 72312 times or whatever, just move on. No need to post a smart ass retort to everything. If it doesn't pertain to you, just leave your 2 cents out. Man, can't wait for the copy/pastefest reply- dissecting my every word to show his supreme wit and intelligence. And above all why I'm wrong. And pretty classless to bring the wife into this.. That was a "to the next level" item for sure. Of course I didn't know, but think it's pretty low to bring it up after the context in which I referred to marriage. Of course I had no idea and offer condolences. My mom passed several years ago, so I guess I should be zinging that every time I hear a mom joke. If I do it right, everyone will gasp, think the joker is an ass and that will be the end of that, and I will "win"... lol

I read a lot of posts, and I like to. Even rehashed topics sometimes have a new method, or approach. I subscribe to the "The only dumb question is one not asked" and "I learn something new every day" philosophies. And on those posts that end up having no personal value to me, I just move on to the next. No reason to scream it from my rooftop. Move along, those just weren't the droids you were looking for.

Picard WTF.jpeg

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

What I meant to put across is that it's a pinball machine...pinball machines break down on occasion. My collection isn't as large, or as nice, as some of the collections other pinsiders have. It seems I'm always either shopping out a machine, machining parts for a machine, or repairing a machine.....I love this hobby.
WOZ, IMO is by far the best built pinball machine I've ever owned, (and prettiest).
And everyone, please just take a deep breath, and chill out. I never meant for any personal attacks to take place in this thread....we're all one big "happy family" here on pinside....right?

Apologize for nothing. You did nothing wrong. I hope you were able to fix your machine, and I'm just sorry I couldn't help more as I've never had those issues (one of the only ones I haven't had!).

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

It's silly to apologize. There are some small people who get a measure of worth by belittling people; mind them no attention.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Could you imagine what Pinside would be like if everyone felt compelled to post every time a judgmental thought popped in to their head?

doesn't that already happen?????

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

DifferentLY. It's an adverb, modifying the verb 'treated.'
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
You're welcome.

all hail the grammar police!!

#59 4 years ago

Hey indy, in case your still having the prob with the ECMB lock., i had the exact same issue. Like Lloyd and Dave mentioned.

I would go into tests, start with no balls in the lock, fire the coil, does it pull up? if so, continue... try with one ball, then two balls, then three.

On mine, after 2 balls, it would no longer lift up. Like what Lloyd and Dave mentioned, if this is the case with yours, its the lock bar lower limit being just slightly too low. I made a diagram for the JJP group when someone reported a similar problem:

IMG_20140316_173707_563.jpg

IMG_20140316_173849_901.jpg

I did this without removing the magnet/coil, just used a big pair of slip lock pliers with one end on top of the coil/magnet and the other end underneath that lower limit bracket.

Note: you bent it too far up if you roll a ball down the ramp and the force of the ball lifts the bar. It should sit just a hair below the center like in the second pic.

#60 4 years ago

DanQ

I am a fan of weird finance/philosophy blogs & one of my fav's is Raptitude. Here's a recent entry that looks like humor at first but it's not. http://www.raptitude.com/2014/07/not-giving-a-shit/

There's certainly better chapters on that site but I think this one fits today well. I am in no way referencing anything outside of WOZ btw. Meaning I'm not minimizing the loss you've experienced.

Relax a bit man, no one gets pissed off in the game room thread, We're all friends there

#61 4 years ago

I had this issue, and though it wasn't immediately apparent, the lock arm was simply rubbing on the metal rail on the left of the ramp. The coil didn't have the power to overcome the friction. All I had to do was slightly torque the whole lift mechanism to the right, so that it could lift freely. Hope this helps.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9,500.00
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Mateo, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
7,300 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Coopersburg, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside