Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 days ago

About once every 20 games the trough eject will not kick out balls. After lifting the playfield, resting it on the cabinet and closing the coin, I can feel a faint heart beat in the coil. The quick fix is just pushing up on the plunger and it immediately starts working and is good for another 20 games. I’ve completely replaced everything in the trough eject sssembly, checked wiring all the way to the solenoid boards. Reflowed the solder on the transistor and connectors to no avail. I’m just unsure why simply pressing on the plunger will fix the issue. There’s nothing obstructing, new coil and plunger.

#2 2 days ago

Two thoughts come to mind.

One, balls magnetized and not rolling into position right.

Two, plunger that kicks the ball up and out of the ball trough, is a very wee tiny bit too high and occasionally traps the balls. The whole coil/plunger assembly can be raised or lowered by loosening the four screws on the end of the ball trough. Don't go too high or too low.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!