IMG_3071 (resized).JPG
IMG_3072 (resized).JPG
IMG_3046 (resized).PNG
IMG_3045 (resized).PNG
IMG_3044 (resized).PNG
IMG_3043 (resized).PNG
IMG_3042 (resized).PNG
IMG_3041 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchamp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I know there are some real obvious things that are new and different about AFMr compared to the original. So what specifically and what about this quote from the marketing materials

"Recreated to exceed the high standards of the original game, Attack from Mars will be available in three models: the Classic Edition, the Special Edition and the Limited Edition. These three models all have numerous features never before available and exclusive to the remakes.

Modern electronics have been engineered to improve reliability, simplify serviceability, reduce energy consumption and provide game owners with the ability to customize their own game. "

So what are the numerous features never before available? What does it mean the owners can customize their own game?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I would say the main thing is the incredible LED show on the saucers on the Classic and big display screen. On the LE, a bigger LED show, mirror blades, topper with a light show, Martian bouncing up and down on it.

Cosmetic features, sure. Add ons that plug into something, no.
LTG : )

So nothing to be expected in the code that changes anything? The code is 100% as original? Well I guess they had to change to code to make the graphics so much better... anything else?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

I believe that is on the CGC side of the game.
LTG : )

Well for sure there was a lot of time spent for this color upgrade. The increase amount of pixels is insane!

IMG_3041 (resized).PNGIMG_3041 (resized).PNG

IMG_3042 (resized).PNGIMG_3042 (resized).PNG

IMG_3043 (resized).PNGIMG_3043 (resized).PNG

IMG_3044 (resized).PNGIMG_3044 (resized).PNG

IMG_3045 (resized).PNGIMG_3045 (resized).PNG

IMG_3046 (resized).PNGIMG_3046 (resized).PNG

#12 7 years ago

As I look at the new Stern screens, JJP screens, heighway screens, Spooky screens, there is just something I really love about the AFMr color screen over all of them.

Just the right amount of technology and size mixed with the nostalgia of the dot matrix classic that I love so much. Well well done. Thank you...

IMG_3072 (resized).JPGIMG_3072 (resized).JPG

IMG_3071 (resized).JPGIMG_3071 (resized).JPG

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Any videos out there of the topper in action?
I just jumped in on an LE, very excited for it.

Few shots of the topper there and nice shots of the color changing LED alien ships working in unison. However the alien on the topper is supposed to move around too - not really seeing that in this video. Perhaps there are other videos showing the topper better?

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Not my video, but you can see the topper in action for a few seconds here:

Thanks for posting that one. Topper really is sweet with all the color changing LEDs and the animated alien! Just wish people would remember to turn their phones sideways when taking video instead of up and down.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

While holding your phone vertically, touch the full screen button that's overlaid on the video. At least on my iPhone, the video will display full screen vertically just like it was shot.

Thanks that does help.

2 weeks later
#21 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

It is supposed to start shipping in May, and I would expect would be shipping thru the summer, likely taking a break for some more MMR's and then back on AFMR thru the fall/winter.

So any idea if AFMLE shipping soon?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.00
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchamp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-whats-new-and-different?tu=pinchamp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.