• MBR 63 votes
    17%

(371 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56E668EF-A4CB-425D-B642-23BE013E70A0 (resized).jpeg
68621881_2351120928335991_9035867311038267392_n (resized).jpg
9D753EFC-205D-4836-B2D7-50BD46C3324E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 4 years ago

I've owned all three....its really a coin toss as all are great games. If I was forced to pick it for game play only it would be MMR, AFMR, and then MBR. The biggest difference is the cost between AFMRLE and MMRLE with the upgrades. You'll pay an extra $2K for the MMR with all the upgrades that AFMRLE and MBRLE already have (lighting, topper, and bigger screen). If I factored in cost than AFMRLE would be number one for sure....best topper in pinball.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I would take an original AFM over any of these.

Remakes are a far superior product....same game with better sound, graphics, and lighting

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ah take your pick, they're all fine.
MM would be the bottom of my list personally.

Uff, no thanks.

couldn't disagree more....I've owned both and its not even close

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

By far and way (IMO), Munsters is the best of all those shown there in that photo. Most unique experience in all of pinball; is multi ball on upper and lower playfield at the same time. Best looking game, equaling big 3 best shooting, ramps are most unique, lower PF could be a machine all on its own and I usually don’t care for lower PFs. Best art package and code is far deeper than any of the big three and I know people bash Munsters code. Try getting to level 3. It does need some more modes, but think Stern will do that sometime in the future, it great fun now. Munsters raven topper is best in pinball and so well interpreted into game play. Clock, coo-coo bird raven popping in and out taunting, lights showing active mode behind charters, light show. Raven clock mode. Try it you’ll love it. Guests love it the most and think it’s awesome fun.
After Munsters would vote for MM, but AFM is close. Just wish the original design of AFM had the toy that was designed to go over the center of the PF. It is obvious that is missing from AFM. MM castle is one of the best toys ever. Love its changing states, in relation to the ball. MB is also great fun and love the music and call outs in it. Lots of pop up toys.

i think you've had a few too many cocktails .....

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

AFMR is the only one I've played that feels like a (restored) original. MMR has geometry/assembly issues and MBR just feels... wrong.
Remake apologists, downvote to your heart's content.

I think you drank too much over the holidays....I've owned both and their exactly the same game

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

The delay is there on MMr but someone who has little experience with an original MM may not notice it. I have owned an original MM for 15+ years. The MMr's just play differently.

No they don't....I had a completely restored MM and an MMRLE right next to each other for 6 months, and there was ZERO difference....hundreds of people played both games and nobody could tell the difference....its total BS put out there by the pinball purists who were pissed that their originals dropped in price.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

If they do not notice the emulation delays and/or the transparent lamp inserts when they are lit on the MMr compared to the original, they are blind.

nope...their all pinball realists....my guess is you own an original (which are great), and are still upset your MM dropped so much in value...the sound, graphics, lighting, and overall game play is far superior to the originals....if there is a delay its so subtle that nobody whose honest can notice.

2 weeks later
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just not sure if I want to spend that much. That's a lot of dough for a game but especially an old game. I did think about it though. The LE toppers are amazing.

All 3 remakes are great games so you really can't go wrong. I would let the market make the decision for you. The first really nice used one within driving distance wins

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Terry is allergic to used games.

I think his views have changed due to all the play field issues people are having....used games are a no brainier

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I'm a bit puzzled by cgc buissness modell.
The le's are such superior deals in terms of what you get for your money.
If I bought a se, it would really brother me, I've done such a bad deal.

I agree on MBRLE and AFMRLE....thats not really the case with MMR Royal....its $2K more for the essentially same package. They had to do that so they didnt piss off all the original LE owners.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-vs-mmr-vs-mbr-poll-added?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.