• MBR 63 votes
    17%

(371 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56E668EF-A4CB-425D-B642-23BE013E70A0 (resized).jpeg
68621881_2351120928335991_9035867311038267392_n (resized).jpg
9D753EFC-205D-4836-B2D7-50BD46C3324E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Not just perceived, but measured & documented. Orbit entry/exit posts are misplaced, and it's not trivial to move a t-nutted hole. Maybe they fixed it at some point, but the vast majority of MMRs I played in the first couple years shot like crap. I mean, I'm breaking an NDA just posting this.
Those who haven't played originals for 20 years or are just happy to bat the ball around may never notice. But I've been playing MM since literally fresh out of the box in 1997. Loved the idea of finally being able to afford one, bought a remake, was disappointed with mine and every other one I played.
But if you guys enjoy them, have fun. I'm just glad they drove original prices down. Sold my MMRLE and bought a beater original for $1k less.

I am kinda going through the same thing the OP is. I have AFMre and recently really enjoyed my friend’s MB and have a MM, which I also enjoy, in my house now on a temp trade now. Would definitely consider getting a MB or MM to add to my AFM!

On the trade MMre in my gameroom from my friend I am noticing, as mentioned above, the orbits do seem a little off. I thought it was leveling I need to change to dial it in more, but maybe it is just the way it plays? I will see if I can adjust. Too bad about the MMre upcharge compared to MB and AFM but for those who have been around a while the original MM pins had a higher price tag and in more demand compared to the others and helped jumpstart CGC remakes being the first game, so that helps justify the upcharge a bit.

My AFMre flows and plays great. Love the shots, gameplay, humor and callouts. Would be last to go with IMDN.

MB is just stunning to look at. It really is. It may be the best looking trophy game of the three and I really enjoyed playing it, but I have heard from a few folks that it is #3 of the three. BUT! - folks say MM and AFM, which I own already, shoot and play similar and MB is the different one of the bunch compared with AFM and MM. So having a MM/AFM combo may not be as ideal compared with a AFM/MB combo??

I have decision problems. Kinda good to have too many choices rather than too few

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Depends on how much you like it. I do agree that MM/MB or AFM/MB would be a bit more diverse than MM/AFM....but would be happy with any of those combinations IMO.

Indeed! I just played MM again and totally agree that I could have both AFM and MM and be happy.

Hmm That sounds obnoxious if I take a step back and think about what I just typed doesn’t it? But I realize that I am a fortunate guy.

So many amazing games out there to play and own! We are all fortunate in that way.

2 weeks later
#95 4 years ago

I added MM to my AFM since this thread started. All three are incredible pinballs really. A pleasure to play and an honor to own.
56E668EF-A4CB-425D-B642-23BE013E70A0 (resized).jpeg56E668EF-A4CB-425D-B642-23BE013E70A0 (resized).jpeg

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congrats! Anybody who wouldn't like those two games just don't like pinball at all. Thats about as good as pinball gets right there now!

What models are you looking at of AFM and MB? Cl, SE, or LE’s?

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The SE models. I just went and played a MBRLE for a couple of hours and it was really a sweet game and I definitely didn't find it to be too easy by any means. All three are just amazing games and its a really tough choice.

The way CGC not only colored the original dots but went above and beyond totally redoing the dots enhancing each screen shot is great! The larger screen highlights the details even more.

That being said why not go for an LE? The toppers are great and really compete the package. Add in the other upgrades also. AFM LE is likely sold out but MB is around. And MB LE is stunning. It is just beautiful to look at.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 45.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.99
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-vs-mmr-vs-mbr-poll-added?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.