• MBR 63 votes
    17%

(371 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56E668EF-A4CB-425D-B642-23BE013E70A0 (resized).jpeg
68621881_2351120928335991_9035867311038267392_n (resized).jpg
9D753EFC-205D-4836-B2D7-50BD46C3324E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tommy-dog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

MMR has geometry/assembly issues and MBR just feels... wrong.

Agreed. I was on the initial team as an adviser for Chicago Gaming and recommended that the first remake should NOT be MM. My thoughts was to do an easier game first, like AFM, and work out all the issues before doing the top game (MM) first. I also did not like how CGC promised free color DMD updates to the limited edition buyers but at the end charged for it. I was not happy with the more transparent inserts on MM and was told by CGC that it would be fixed on the production run. My adviser role did not last very long due to my disagreements.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Just curious, what are the perceived geometry issues of MMr?

There is a delay with the software emulation and is very noticeable on MMr compared to AFMr.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

this is nonsense.

The delay is there on MMr but someone who has little experience with an original MM may not notice it. I have owned an original MM for 15+ years. The MMr's just play differently.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

.. there was ZERO difference....hundreds of people played both games and nobody could tell the difference.

If they do not notice the emulation delays and/or the transparent lamp inserts when they are lit on the MMr compared to the original, they are blind.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Not just perceived, but measured & documented. Orbit entry/exit posts are misplaced, and it's not trivial to move a t-nutted hole. Maybe they fixed it at some point, but the vast majority of MMRs I played in the first couple years shot like crap. I mean, I'm breaking an NDA just posting this.
Those who haven't played originals for 20 years or are just happy to bat the ball around may never notice. But I've been playing MM since literally fresh out of the box in 1997. Loved the idea of finally being able to afford one, bought a remake, was disappointed with mine and every other one I played.
But if you guys enjoy them, have fun. I'm just glad they drove original prices down. Sold my MMRLE and bought a beater original for $1k less.

I did buy a MMr LE when they first came out and my plan was to sell my original but the original just played better. I never measured the geometry of the MMr but I knew something just was not correct. The MMr had a very slight flipper delay that the original did not have. I also did not like the transparent insert text and when the inserts were lit they are very hard to read. My original game had inserts you actually can read. The MMr had cabinet decals that were folded over on the edges and my original did not. Also the MMr translite looked to be washed out. So I sold the MMr.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 45.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.99
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tommy-dog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-vs-mmr-vs-mbr-poll-added?tu=Tommy-dog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.