• MBR 63 votes
    17%

(371 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56E668EF-A4CB-425D-B642-23BE013E70A0 (resized).jpeg
68621881_2351120928335991_9035867311038267392_n (resized).jpg
9D753EFC-205D-4836-B2D7-50BD46C3324E (resized).jpeg
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just not sure if I want to spend that much. That's a lot of dough for a game but especially an old game. I did think about it though. The LE toppers are amazing.

All 3 remakes are great games so you really can't go wrong. I would let the market make the decision for you. The first really nice used one within driving distance wins

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

All 3 remakes are great games so you really can't go wrong. I would let the market make the decision for you. The first really nice used one within driving distance wins

The good thing is I'm not in a hurry. Heck by the time I'm ready I may end up with a JP Premium or something, who in knows. I wish I could just buy them all.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Terry is allergic to used games.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Terry is allergic to used games.

I think his views have changed due to all the play field issues people are having....used games are a no brainier

#105 4 years ago

When are the royals shipping? They took payments in Dec, iirc.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think his views have changed due to all the play field issues people are having....used games are a no brainier

I do love getting a NIB game but i would also buy a used game too. Used is not my preference but it really is the smart thing to do at the moment. Right now though I'm just going to sit idle for awhile and see how all of this shakes out. I would not be afraid of a NIB CGC game right now and i even feel pretty good about Stern right now, but not good enough just yet.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Right now though I'm just going to sit idle for awhile and see how all of this shakes out.

Smart move in 2020.
2nd hand pristine MBR LEs/SEs are starting to shake out @ decent price points vs new. Avoid tax and possibly shipping if local.
I’d be happy to find a low play CE.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Smart move in 2020.
2nd hand pristine MBR LEs/SEs are starting to shake out @ decent price points vs new. Avoid tax and possibly shipping if local.
I’d love to find one.

Ive heard that there are lots of people wanting to get rid of their MBR games. I have no idea what i will end up with truthfully because i keep going back and forth. I may end up with a JP instead of a remake even. I really like what CGC is doing but JP is hard to ignore also because its just an amazing game.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wish I could just buy them all.

You can for the low low price of $20k-$28k. Maybe a bit cheaper if you shop around.

Good luck and remember we’re all counting on you.

#110 4 years ago

I'm surprised how nobody seems to like monster bash nearly as much as the other two. Is it that shallow? I haven't owned the game, but having played it, it seems amazing.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm surprised how nobody seems to like monster bash nearly as much as the other two. Is it that shallow? I haven't owned the game, but having played it, it seems amazing.

It is an amazing game to play but not to own in my opinion. It got REALLY stale for me in a month. I was shocked because I love the game so much. Traded it for a DeadPool and never looked back.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I can only speak for myself, but I really hate the theme. AFM and MM are kind of goofy and timeless, whereas the monster designs and music in MB are just annoying to me. To each their own though - I would never begrudge someone's love for it.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

We love our MBrLE. No complaints here. Game plays nice and compared to the MMr and AFMr game is definitely right up there. Best looking game of the 3 I think,

#114 4 years ago

I'm a bit puzzled by cgc buissness modell.
The le's are such superior deals in terms of what you get for your money.
If I bought a se, it would really brother me, I've done such a bad deal.

#115 4 years ago

Mb gets old quickly imo especially in a smaller collection. Again I had all 3 of the ones mentioned at same time and afm is still here years later bc it has best code and is the most difficult imo ..and it just has that one more game feel. I have yet to beat the game in thousands of plays but have been close. It's the perfect amount of difficulty and code depth for home use and is very fast, flowy, brutal out lanes, great theme, humor, strobe mb and everything just works well together in afm for a great pinball experience.
Mm and mb are fine pins but I think afm is just few notches better.. especially over mb.

#116 4 years ago

MB is a looker for sure. I’m still enjoying it and would probably only sell it at this point if I needed room or money. Younger kids seem to really enjoy it as well.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

You can for the low low price of $20k-$28k. Maybe a bit cheaper if you shop around.
Good luck and remember we’re all counting on you.

Not enough room and not enough money.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I'm a bit puzzled by cgc buissness modell.
The le's are such superior deals in terms of what you get for your money.
If I bought a se, it would really brother me, I've done such a bad deal.

I agree on MBRLE and AFMRLE....thats not really the case with MMR Royal....its $2K more for the essentially same package. They had to do that so they didnt piss off all the original LE owners.

1 week later
#119 4 years ago

AFMs by a mile Terry

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

AFMs by a mile Terry

That's what most people say. I love the MB theme but I probably did have a little more fun playing AFM I would say. I got several games I am considering when the time comes to buy. Thinking about Elvira 3, JP, and AFM or MB.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That's what most people say. I love the MB theme but I probably did have a little more fun playing AFM I would say. I got several games I am considering when the time comes to buy. Thinking about Elvira 3, JP, and AFM or MB.

Afm out of all them imo.. elvira just isn't very good shooter imo... its missing the vibe prior ones gave off especially for the price it is. The new jp is good shooter but I dont like it as much as I thought I wld and especially all the hype its getting on here . Its bc of the way it comes across with the video and audio lack of assets. I know some of that can be fixed but it's just missing something to make it a a++. Mb is great theme and is gorgeous but misses on some things in code and gameplay..... wish Frank's ramp was used more and even if the game is set up more difficult it seems to still get old pretty quickly for many. Afm is the total package imo and is deep enough to keep u coming back game after game . Beating mars is difficult (only did it 4 times) and of course ruleing the
Universe is super difficult to get to as ive never been there in years of ownership and thousands of plays. Get the afm se and don't look back..unless you can get a huo le for 6800-7500(best bet). But go play all of them for a few hours more to decide for yourself . Everyone likes different things for different reasons.

#122 4 years ago

Here's few of my crappy afm videos to show how fast and fun it can be... these were actually few minutes longer than most games on mine lol.

#123 4 years ago

I love George Gomez machines and recommend MBr. Love that game!

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Don't be foolish buddy..... with these PF issue's I stay clear of new Sterns and JJP.... Sad to say since im a Stern fanboy.

Never had an issue with CGC PFs and the value you get is second to none. If you want toys buy MBr, humor and layout MMr. longevity, theme and IMO the best game ever made AFMr

BTW I had all three originals and all three remakes.... The remakes are are a far superior game.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Don't be foolish buddy..... with these PF issue's I stay clear of new Sterns and JJP.... Sad to say since im a Stern fanboy.
Never had an issue with CGC PFs and the value you get is second to none. If you want toys buy MBr, humor and layout MMr. longevity, theme and IMO the best game ever made AFMr
BTW I had all three originals and all three remakes.... The remakes are are a far superior game.

The playfield issues is why I dont already have a JP right now but its gonna be a bit before I buy and I was going to re evaluate things then as they do seem to be having less troubles. I definitely like the remakes better than the originals also.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Afm out of all them imo.. elvira just isn't very good shooter imo... its missing the vibe prior ones gave off especially for the price it is. The new jp is good shooter but I dont like it as much as I thought I wld and especially all the hype its getting on here . Its bc of the way it comes across with the video and audio lack of assets. I know some of that can be fixed but it's just missing something to make it a a++. Mb is great theme and is gorgeous but misses on some things in code and gameplay..... wish Frank's ramp was used more and even if the game is set up more difficult it seems to still get old pretty quickly for many. Afm is the total package imo and is deep enough to keep u coming back game after game . Beating mars is difficult (only did it 4 times) and of course ruleing the
Universe is super difficult to get to as ive never been there in years of ownership and thousands of plays. Get the afm se and don't look back..unless you can get a huo le for 6800-7500(best bet). But go play all of them for a few hours more to decide for yourself . Everyone likes different things for different reasons.

I really like JP and Elvira was better than I thought it would be but as hoby said, stern is a crapshoot right now and I dont think I wanna take the chance on them just yet. So many good choices though.

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I really like JP and Elvira was better than I thought it would be but as hoby said, stern is a crapshoot right now and I dont think I wanna take the chance on them just yet. So many good choices though.

True.. until they help with your other pins with issues I wldnt give them any more money.

#128 4 years ago

all of these games are epic fun. but if i had to chose AFMR by a mile:

some streams of the three:

AFMR

MBR

MMR

volume was a bit iffy on the last one but turn it own and its ok... MBR is from a tourney at my house - my games are set up to be hard but as you can see they are all epic games.

Neil.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

all of these games are epic fun. but if i had to chose AFMR by a mile:
some streams of the three:
AFMR

MBR

MMR

volume was a bit iffy on the last one but turn it own and its ok... MBR is from a tourney at my house - my games are set up to be hard but as you can see they are all epic games.
Neil.

How does AFM stack up against a game like JP though Neil in your opinion?

#130 4 years ago

I'd have AFMR over JP if I had to choose.

JP is a great game but from my POV its another level of toughness, getting to great scores and deep into the game requires a lot of skill and consistency. For me it can be quite frustrating at times but I do really like it as its helping me become a more consistent player, albeit slowly

Neil.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'd have AFMR over JP if I had to choose.
JP is a great game but from my POV its another level of toughness, getting to great scores and deep into the game requires a lot of skill and consistency. For me it can be quite frustrating at times but I do really like it as its helping me become a more consistent player, albeit slowly
Neil.

That’s interesting. You must really love those jiggly martians!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 64.99
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-vs-mmr-vs-mbr-poll-added/page/3?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.