C803F31E-D2C2-4796-97EA-6B59FE023BDA (resized).jpeg
AFMr 5 (resized).jpg
AFMr 4 (resized).jpg
AFMr 2 (resized).jpg
AFMr 3 (resized).jpg
AFMr 1 (resized).jpg
8D873A3F-B18E-487A-832C-0F1C7334BA7E (resized).jpeg
C4EEB581-D3D4-4551-BD87-BA0CC6FB61CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markp99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#266 6 years ago

I'm having a serious case of AMFr unboxing withdrawal! Much too quiet here lately.

Just ship those LE puppies, even if they are GREEN!

#275 6 years ago

From the unboxings so far:

1 - Metal leg protectors provided?

2 - What's the ball quality? Worth an upgrade in advance?

#279 6 years ago

Plaques? We don't need no stinking plaques!

Feel free to ship mine without.

1 week later
#296 6 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I've made set up room, put air in the tires of the dolly, got camera, got tools ready. Just need the trucker with my Pin. Can be here anytime between now and the next three hours.....will post more later

Time crawls!

#306 6 years ago

Umm, Quadrat, you're doing it wrong. "Unboxing" actually means taking the thing out of the box!

Such a tease!

#317 6 years ago

Quadrat, a most excellent unboxing!

The machine and its packaging look amazing. Hope it plays like a dream. Can't wait to hear your impressions.

Cannot wait to get mine. Gonna wait a few days before calling Mike at automated to check my status.

#353 6 years ago

WackyBrakke, very nice!

Hey, can I ask the purpose of the two holes at the back of the cabinet bottom? Are they thru-holes, speakers, venting?

Your helpful unboxing photo with the cabinet sitting in the packing with a couple inches of finger space could assist lifting to attach the back legs. A bit of a challenge for me last time unboxing solo.

How do you find AFMr play compares to MMr both in layout and mechanics? Looks like a great combo!

#424 6 years ago

More unboxings, please...

1 week later
#468 6 years ago

Hey, AFM95!

I don't think I have ceiling height in my finished basement to accommodate the topper. Seeing your AFMr sitting next to JP gives me some hope - the AFMr backbox looks to be a good measure shorter than JP! My AFMr will be sitting next to a JP as well!

Can I ask a huge favor? What is the total combined height, cabinet plus topper? I am reading there may be some additional clearance needed for the martian dude to do his thing when active. My ceiling height is just 83in.

Would love to be able to use the topper, vs leaving it packed in its crate until/if I sell the machine years from now.

Thanks!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#475 6 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Hi MarkP,
Sorry to deliver the bad news, but the topper measures out to 84".

Thanks! Your photo confirms - misses by one inch. Possibly can lower the levelers, but still think I'll miss by just under an inch.

Thinking of custom shorter alternatives using the topper wiring as a guide. Saucer mods exist that might work here and operate using the AFMr controller...

Thanks for checking

#488 6 years ago

Called Automated this morning, my Black LE should be arriving at their facility ~Thurs this week. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick-up on Fri or Sat!

Decided to try a 4x8 or 5x8 Uhaul trailer vs unboxing in the parking lot and squeezing into my Jeep GC. Called UHaul, hard to get apparently, need to reserve ahead of time. Will not reserve until I get a firm date. Hope this will not be an issue

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

How about u-hail pick up truck?
Enjoy when you get it.

Trailer rental is crazy cheap, vs cargo van or pick-up truck. Trailer will protect the Pin from the elements, vs open pick-up bed.

#533 6 years ago

My AFMr black is sitting in my Distro's warehouse, arrived this afternoon. I'll be driving down to CT tomorrow to pick it up using a UHaul 5x8 cargo trailer ($18.95 rental).

Last machine I unboxed in their slushy parking lot after an overnight snow storm. Just barely squeezed into the back of my Jeep Grand Cherokee. This trip will be much easier.

Yay!

#542 6 years ago

AFMr LE 0196 is home! Picked-up from Automated's warehouse and hauled back to NH this morning.

I built a plywood sled and track mechanism to lower the machine down the bulkhead. Strapped the carton to the sled, attached to the block and tackle, slid the sled onto the track, tipped it down the bulkhead as my wife fed line into the pulleys. Could not have been easier. No lifting, no wrestling, no back pain! Should work equally well in reverse.

Lowering:
Lowering the carton (resized).pngLowering the carton (resized).png
Successfully intot he basement:
Success (resized).pngSuccess (resized).png
Unboxed:
Unboxed (resized).pngUnboxed (resized).png
A little help from Harbor Freight:
A little help from Harbor Freight (resized).pngA little help from Harbor Freight (resized).png
...and Done:
And done! (resized).pngAnd done! (resized).png

1 week later
#589 6 years ago

I have the motor turned off, not for noise but to keep the guy whacking his head on my basement ceiling... . Light show is enough for me.

2 months later
#628 6 years ago

The Martian action is a setting. Off-Light-Medium-Strong. Not sure how these equate to the original. I have mine set to Medium.

#640 6 years ago
Quoted from Herm:

My topper is staying in the box for the foreseeable future. Where the games are at there isnt much height available without them sticking out.

Herm, low ceiling here too! I disabled the Martian action in settings and noticed you can actually cycle the position of Martian to come to rest at the bottom-most point in its up-down cycle. I then dropped the topper backboard down by ~1in. Everything fits just perfectly now. I still get the awesome lightshow! Much better than sitting in the box!

End result for me: Marian stands 8 3/4" above the backbox, backboard is just a tad lower . Gives me a solid 1/2" clearance. Whew!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#643 6 years ago

Topper, piece of cake. Just a little coordination needed to get the topper in position and get the short wire harness and connectors thru the hole. A little extra tricky with only 1/2 inch clearance w ceiling (see above ).

Harbor Freight lift table. Comes around on sale frequently.

https://m.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-hydraulic-table-cart-61405.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Look for the thread to see how folks have modified the thing to work well to.move pinballs.

1 week later
#660 6 years ago
Quoted from PinThrift:

My new AFMr LE number 613 arrived yesterday and is now safely in the garage. Will be unboxing it and setting it up in basement later today.

Well, its been 6 minutes since you posted. Are you playing it yet?

2 weeks later
#676 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

No 367 has landed, and Martian eye mod is already installed.

Congrats!

Where did you tie-in the martian eyes? Did you purchase a mod, or DIY?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markp99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-unboxings?tu=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.