C803F31E-D2C2-4796-97EA-6B59FE023BDA (resized).jpeg
AFMr 5 (resized).jpg
AFMr 4 (resized).jpg
AFMr 2 (resized).jpg
AFMr 3 (resized).jpg
AFMr 1 (resized).jpg
8D873A3F-B18E-487A-832C-0F1C7334BA7E (resized).jpeg
C4EEB581-D3D4-4551-BD87-BA0CC6FB61CC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nexyss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Shipping was to supposedly start in May...We shall see. Hopefully in another year or so ill be able to grab one of these after seeing how they hold up. There weren't many (if any) real issues with MMR, were there?

The AFMrLE at pinagogo seemed to be rock solid the whole weekend. It was played non stop the entire time, and I never saw it go down at all. I saw other new games go down a few times. I have read that it was solid at TPF as well.

It seems like the manufacturers may be getting these things way more reliable.

I don't know if MMr was able to do that at shows leading up to launch or not. I remember WOZ constantly needing work at shows when it was launching, but it looks like they have solidified their games too. I only saw dialed in go down once during the show, and that was only due to a spectacular beheading of one of the playfield toys. I was impressed with how stable the game was.

I am still trying to figure out how to pay for an AFMrLE without being irresponsible and dipping into savings. Being a (poor) adult sucks sometimes. lol

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I thought LEs where shipping first after a batch of SEs where being shipped to vendors for display games? Pretty cool that you put a deposit down last week and are getting your SE so quickly. Congrats!

I think it was 100 SEs first.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm not advocating being irresponsible with your cash, but that's part of what savings are for. Saving up for things. Now as long as you don't drop it below your emergency funds level of 3-6 months living expenses plus funds for the unexpected, why not?

We have different levels of savings. If I had more than a safety net right now, this would have been ordered the day I played it at PAGG.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I keep a minimum 5 years in savings, never know when you'll lose a job and the economy crashes at the same time. See 2007/2008

If I had 5 years in savings, I have a pretty good idea when the job would go away for a little while.

And that would be after I paid off the house.

1 week later
#46 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol still plenty of people who like a nice original ..trust me. I cld still sell mine for a fair amount more than i have in it but its a amazing game and it wld be last to go. Still im glad all these great classics are being done so more can enjoy them . They are still very expensive imo but they are selling ..so thats what matters. I really hope cc , bbb or kp is next bc they are very rare and way to expensive.

I hope those are next as well. I don't want any of them, and the last thing I need at the moment is another expensive pin that I want. lol That could give me time to save up for an MMr after AFMr before (hopefully) MB is out.

Those would be good to get out for the people who want them though, and would probably sell really well. I am interested to see if those games are as popular after the rarity is taken out of the equation. They are at #29, #44, and #79 on the top 100 right now.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

That's the thing that stuck out to me when I played one at SFGE a couple of weeks ago. The playfield is MUCH brighter than the original as I remember it. MMR is closer to the original MM in lighting, AFMR is much brighter than the original AFM was, and it needed to be....

When I played AFMr at PAGG later at night, I think the room was a little darker, and I did notice that the inserts seemed to be pretty bright. It might benefit from a couple of spotlights. I notice in games that I have put pinballbulbs kits in, there really isn't any harshness from the inserts because the added spotlights. brighten the non insert areas a bit, so it is not such a harsh contrast.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

Mark's machine has got to be the best machine I've ever played, and I played them new back in the day. The flow is awesome. The lighting is crazy. The sound is the best I've ever heard in a pin. Fantastic job getting that game adjusted to 11.

I don't know if I will be able to adjust mine that well, but I do know it will have that lighting as soon as it is released. When I played the game at Pagg, my only complaint was that the insert lights were a bit harsh. Those spotlights will take care of that problem for sure. The purple In the back looks ridiculously good.

4 weeks later
#272 6 years ago
Quoted from sofgwhat:

Has anyone who ordered a non-number matching LE get a noticed to pay the balance yet? I haven't.
\

I am still waiting on the request for payment.

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

I am sure it is, I'm at work and didnt have it on me, just thought I would ask

Thanks!

Don't forget to install the new firmware first so you have the setting for the strobe.

1 week later
#325 6 years ago

I can't wait to see some hi res pics of the green. If I hadn't seen the green in person at PAGG, I would be second guessing my choice based on these pics. That black looks really nice.

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from mjpinballs:

No 0025 Green LE delivered today going to unbox it tonight.

You guys who can take delivery of a pin, then go back to work and wait to play with it are inspiring. I just can't imagine having that much patience. I usually just take the day off when I am expecting delivery.

I get normal packages at work so I don't have to wait. lol

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

My LE will deliver Monday. The hardest thing is it will deliver to the terminal about 5 miles from my house tonight around 1am. No one works at this terminal on weekends so I can't pick it up tomorrow, I have to wait till Monday! I even told them I'd meet the truck there at 1am but NO CAN DO!

I had the exact situation with AC/DC a few years ago. It was pure torture.

2 weeks later
#491 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Called Automated this morning, my Black LE should be arriving at their facility ~Thurs this week. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick-up on Fri or Sat!
Decided to try a 4x8 or 5x8 Uhaul trailer vs unboxing in the parking lot and squeezing into my Jeep GC. Called UHaul, hard to get apparently, need to reserve ahead of time. Will not reserve until I get a firm date. Hope this will not be an issue

You can cancel the reservation if you end up not getting it on the day you thought. I can't remember exactly how long before the pickup time you have to cancel. 24 hrs would be a safe bet. Might be worth reserving now so you have it just in case. Reserve it for the whole weekend, and you can bring it back early to avoid the second day if that works out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nexyss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-unboxings?tu=Nexyss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.