C803F31E-D2C2-4796-97EA-6B59FE023BDA (resized).jpeg
AFMr 5 (resized).jpg
AFMr 4 (resized).jpg
AFMr 2 (resized).jpg
AFMr 3 (resized).jpg
AFMr 1 (resized).jpg
8D873A3F-B18E-487A-832C-0F1C7334BA7E (resized).jpeg
C4EEB581-D3D4-4551-BD87-BA0CC6FB61CC (resized).jpeg
There are 697 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.
#401 6 years ago

S/N 034 damaged in shipping...no AFMr for Bob!

#402 6 years ago

Box top crushed, giant hole ripped in side of box & side artwork f'd up on at least one side.

So I refused the shipment and watched the truck drive away.

Not sure when I'll get a machine now.

Robert

IMG_20170809_171852597 (resized).jpgIMG_20170809_171852597 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170809_172018782 (resized).jpgIMG_20170809_172018782 (resized).jpg

#403 6 years ago

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Box top crushed, giant hole ripped in side of box & side artwork f'd up on at least one side.
Robert

Great job XPO ! You suck!
It just saddens me the way items are treated by the some of the shippers.

#405 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Hate to see that. Hope they hook you up quick.

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Hate to see that. Hope they hook you up quick.

My distributor told me that the shipping company will send it back to the factory to be repaired.

So I'm thinking a couple months maybe; as I figure it could take a couple weeks to get the machine back to Chicago, maybe longer...paper work to fill out, etc, before it gets on a truck.

If they repair it, not sure how long that will take.

Hopefully I don't have to wait until all of the LE orders are filled, first. So much for getting S/N 34.

Robert

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Noooooooooooooooooooo

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

My distributor told me that the shipping company will send it back to the factory to be repaired.
So I'm thinking a couple months maybe; as I figure it could take a couple weeks to get the machine back to Chicago, maybe longer...paper work to fill out, etc, before it gets on a truck.
Hopefully I don't have to wait until all of the LE orders are filled, first. So much for getting S/N 34.
Robert

Oh man. I am so sorry. I hope it’s just a new cabinet and they can turn it around quickly for you. Talk about a buzzkill.

You’re welcome to come down to San Jose and play here if you want for AFM fix!

Marc

#409 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Same thing happened to my dile 2 weeks ago

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You’re welcome to come down to San Jose and play here if you want for AFM fix!
Marc

Thanks.

Robert

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Hopefully they don't do even more damage to it on the way back to CGC - not that it's really your problem if they do other than it may further delay you getting your game.

#412 6 years ago

They'll probably inspect and test the play field, drop it in a new cabinet and get it back on its way to you. Hopefully they make XPO pay for the cost to make it right. Freight Companies need to be held accountable for their carelessness. I cringe everytime I order something freight, because I know its a gamble.

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Here is what will happen and I'm posting it here just so others will know how this will be handled. Bob did the correct thing since he saw the damage and refused the shipment. He called me while the truck was still there and that's what I advised him to do. I've already arranged with my shipping broker to have it routed back to CGC. I've talked to them and they are aware its on its way back. Since its a Serial Number Matching game they will get it back, repair/replace whatever is needed to ensure its perfect and send it back. Damages will be paid by the trucking company to CGC for the cost of the repairs.
Unfortunately this will take some time for the game to be returned, repaired and then sent again.
Once the game leaves the dock its the responsibility of the trucking company and neither CGC or I have any control of what happens. That's why we add insurance to the shipping to cover these kind of problems. It doesn't happen often but as we all know crap happens. Sorry it happened to Bob but its on its way to be taken care of.

[email protected]

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

Sorry it happened to Bob but its on its way to be taken care of.

Thanks Larry for the info.

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Here is some more eye candy! Plays great! Gonna be a good weekend!

Wow! Congratulations can't wait until my LE shows up.

The toppper looks serious..

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

S/N 034 damaged in shipping...no AFMr for Bob!

Heartbreaking

I made the final payment weeks ago; checking my inbox daily for the "it shipped" email, the wait is agonizing! I can't imagine finally seeing the truck show up and having to turn it away.

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

I made the final payment weeks ago; checking my inbox daily for the "it shipped" email, the wait is agonizing! I can't imagine finally seeing the truck show up and having to turn it away.

Same here. Waiting and hoping for a safe delivery. Have had damage before and it is always a bummer.

#418 6 years ago

The attached pics show how the game was shipped. It was loaded and unloaded many times.

Robert

xop1 (resized).jpgxop1 (resized).jpg

xop2 (resized).jpgxop2 (resized).jpg

xop3 (resized).jpgxop3 (resized).jpg

xop4 (resized).jpgxop4 (resized).jpg

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The attached pics show how the game was shipped. It was loaded and unloaded many times.
Robert

Wholy Cow Batman! Thats a lotta movement

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Wholy Cow Batman! Thats a lotta movement

Its any wonder that it got damaged. That seems like some really inefficient product handling.

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

WTF did they run out of gas every 100 miles....?????

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Thats a lotta movement

It's a modern day pony express!

#423 6 years ago

I received an email from Doug Skor. He said that they'd try to turn it around as quickly as possible, once it gets back to CGC.

As of noon today, the game is still at XPO in Hayward.

Robert

#424 6 years ago

More unboxings, please...

#425 6 years ago

I just got my stainless matching number AFMLE. Thanks!

image2 (resized).JPGimage2 (resized).JPG
image3 (resized).JPGimage3 (resized).JPG
image4 (resized).JPGimage4 (resized).JPG
image5 (resized).JPGimage5 (resized).JPG
image6 (resized).JPGimage6 (resized).JPG

#426 6 years ago

Green trim unmatched being deliver tomorrow between 10-2! Can't wait!

#427 6 years ago

Number 95 arrived today!! Window coverings opened just to see what i was doing with the topper and other things..

IMG_3080 (resized).JPGIMG_3080 (resized).JPG

IMG_3082 (resized).JPGIMG_3082 (resized).JPG

IMG_3086 (resized).JPGIMG_3086 (resized).JPG

#428 6 years ago

Light reaction to my color changing 10w remote LED lights from Amazon. Decent for a $10 each

IMG_3091 (resized).JPGIMG_3091 (resized).JPG

IMG_3093 (resized).JPGIMG_3093 (resized).JPG

#429 6 years ago

My friend Ed received his Attack From Mars Remake and allowed me to help him unbox it. While unboxing the game I shot a video documenting the playfield, mods, topper, and gameplay.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/unboxing-chicago-gamings-attack-from-mars-le-remake-video-review/

Video Review :

Attack From Mars Remake (resized).jpgAttack From Mars Remake (resized).jpg

DSC03207 (resized).JPGDSC03207 (resized).JPG

DSC03229 (resized).JPGDSC03229 (resized).JPG

DSC03232 (resized).JPGDSC03232 (resized).JPG

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

My friend Ed received his Attack From Mars Remake and allowed me to help him unbox it. While unboxing the game I shot a video documenting the playfield, mods, topper, and gameplay.
Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/unboxing-chicago-gamings-attack-from-mars-le-remake-video-review/
Video Review :
» YouTube video

What a gorgeous game.

Every LE owner should be extremely happy.

#431 6 years ago

Thanks for the video.
But now I want mine even more.

#432 6 years ago

Great video overview...

same, just makes me want mine more now!

#433 6 years ago

Got my tracking number from ProPinball. Hopefully it lands this week.

#434 6 years ago

Anyone know what that translucent-ish plastic piece roughly .5"X3" is that is packaged with the A/C cord retention plate is used for?

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Anyone know what that translucent-ish plastic piece roughly .5"X3" is that is packaged with the A/C cord retention plate is used for?

That's the flipper spacer gauge. It's used to ensure the correct gap between the flipper and the top of the playfield bushing.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

That's the flipper spacer gauge. It's used to ensure the correct gap between the flipper and the top of the playfield bushing.

Thank You!

#437 6 years ago

Patiently waiting for RL.

20170815_170836 (resized).jpg20170815_170836 (resized).jpg

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Look's like a nice spot for it. Have fun

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

You're going to have a nice looking lineup there.

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What a gorgeous game.
Every LE owner should be extremely happy.

100%

#441 6 years ago

Number 84 landed today! Superb packaging from the skid to the topper box. I'm not a big topper guy but this is the best one I have ever seen. Drained a few balls just watching it. The game is so much fun to play. Chicago Gaming really did everything right on this one. Well Done!!

IMG_0473 (resized).JPGIMG_0473 (resized).JPG

IMG_0477 (resized).JPGIMG_0477 (resized).JPG

IMG_0479 (resized).JPGIMG_0479 (resized).JPG

IMG_0481 (resized).JPGIMG_0481 (resized).JPG

IMG_0483 (resized).JPGIMG_0483 (resized).JPG

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from jsandjs:

Number 84 landed today! Superb packaging from the skid to the topper box. I'm not a big topper guy but this is the best one I have ever seen. Drained a few balls just watching it. The game is so much fun to play. Chicago Gaming really did everything right on this one. Well Done!!

BEST TOPPER EVER!!!

#443 6 years ago

Agreed. Beer break between games now. I put all the foam in the wooden topper crate because I will be moving in the next 4-6 months...

#444 6 years ago

Love the pic next to the stainless MMR. Shows how much more the green POPS in a collection. I love POP and can't wait for my green LE

#445 6 years ago

I just received a call from the freight company! Non-matching LE with green trim.

Unfortunately we are getting hammered with so much rain today and tomorrow that I had to defer the delivery until Friday. I just couldn't stomach the thought of this masterpiece of a pin rolling down a slippery grass hill, then watching it burst into flames on impact because I couldn't wait one more day for things to dry out.

Someone tell me I made the right decision because the anticipation is killing me!!

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Love the pic next to the stainless MMR. Shows how much more the green POPS in a collection. I love POP and can't wait for my green LE

That is the thing I noticed too. I know is sounds cliche' but the pic really doesn't do the green justice.

#447 6 years ago

#118 delivered yesterday! It is gorgeous. Not convinced yet on the green, but it is a beautiful machine. Still need to give it a thorough once over. Unfortunately the back of topper has a piece cracked off of it. Not sure given the packaging how that might have happened - fortunately it isn't too noticeable....

IMG_0992[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0992[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_0995[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0995[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_0993[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0993[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_0994[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0994[1] (resized).JPG

#448 6 years ago

This game is just awesome!

20170815_164714 (resized).jpg20170815_164714 (resized).jpg

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Unfortunately the back of topper has a piece cracked off of it. Not sure given the packaging how that might have happened

You may want to open a ticket for that and see if CGC will replace it.

#450 6 years ago

I just heard from Larry at Flippin out pinball that my afmr has been received back at the factory.

They are doing an assessment now to see what the repairs will take, so it looks like I'm on my way to getting serial number 34 back again in the not-too-distant future.

Robert

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

There are 697 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-unboxings/page/9?hl=deadpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.