Topic Stats

• 697 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Quadrat
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 349 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6D677CC5-00F8-476D-A24E-557B3C0424D7 (resized).jpeg
7B99E912-5DAE-44BC-A62F-7200950AEB7A (resized).jpeg
63D3154B-9947-4C07-A6CE-86BEBCEC1A1F (resized).jpeg
15EB145E-BCE5-4471-9EA5-42A221303DA1 (resized).jpeg
06A45CCA-0A1F-4611-ACBD-537E7ECBE3E2 (resized).jpeg
80F338E3-4C62-4C01-A686-37C92FCB868F (resized).jpeg
5CCC3D8E-4514-4B8E-9304-1418C3B64DFB (resized).jpeg
4837C578-4CC1-4559-8D45-7785DC8776EA (resized).jpeg
C803F31E-D2C2-4796-97EA-6B59FE023BDA (resized).jpeg
AFMr 5 (resized).jpg
AFMr 4 (resized).jpg
AFMr 2 (resized).jpg
AFMr 3 (resized).jpg
AFMr 1 (resized).jpg
8D873A3F-B18E-487A-832C-0F1C7334BA7E (resized).jpeg
C4EEB581-D3D4-4551-BD87-BA0CC6FB61CC (resized).jpeg

There are 697 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
#351 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Just got mine, looks incredible!!
ok, so they are doing mylar instead of the SOL protector?
I was a little confused, I ordered all the protectors from cliff except that one a little while ago. I thought that was going to be on there. going to install a playfield protector, so I'm not playing any games yet. Not looking forward to it, but at least it'll be easier then ghostbusters. after seeing this one, it's hard not to just keep it for myself
For some reason it looks so much better when it's in your house.

It sld have a mantis type protector on the sol scoop?

#352 2 years ago

Here is some more eye candy! Plays great! Gonna be a good weekend!

IMG_1009 (resized).JPG

IMG_1010 (resized).JPG

IMG_1012 (resized).JPG

IMG_1013 (resized).JPG

IMG_1014 (resized).JPG

IMG_1015 (resized).JPG

IMG_1016 (resized).JPG

IMG_1017 (resized).JPG

IMG_1019 (resized).JPG

IMG_1020 (resized).JPG

#353 2 years ago

WackyBrakke, very nice!

Hey, can I ask the purpose of the two holes at the back of the cabinet bottom? Are they thru-holes, speakers, venting?

Your helpful unboxing photo with the cabinet sitting in the packing with a couple inches of finger space could assist lifting to attach the back legs. A bit of a challenge for me last time unboxing solo.

How do you find AFMr play compares to MMr both in layout and mechanics? Looks like a great combo!

#354 2 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Hey, can I ask the purpose of the two holes at the back of the cabinet bottom? Are they thru-holes, speakers, venting?

Vent Holes, same as the cabinets of the era

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It sld have a mantis type protector on the sol scoop?

ahhh, ok wasn't sure yeah it's a mantis like one. so used to seeing the cliffy ones that are over the holes a little

#356 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Here is some more eye candy!

Game looks great!

Side note: That's a monster of a snowblower! You must live closer to foothills. I barely had to use a shovel at my house in metro

#357 2 years ago

I love all the unboxing!

#358 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Game looks great!
Side note: That's a monster of a snowblower! You must live closer to foothills. I barely had to use a shovel at my house in metro

I'm in Roxborough Park and have about 200' of driveway, it comes in handy when we get the big snows!

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Here is some more eye candy! Plays great! Gonna be a good weekend!

Nice unboxing, Love the green. Back to saving the world

#360 2 years ago

239 in the office!!

IMG_2330 (resized).JPG

IMG_2331 (resized).JPG

IMG_2332 (resized).JPG

#361 2 years ago

I just tracked mine and it just showed up at our terminal about 5-6 miles away, but again I have to wait till Monday. No body works the dock on weekends. It's driving me crazy!!!

#362 2 years ago

great news for the sub

are there Cliffy/hole protectors already installed, and where?

#363 2 years ago

Well, that is interesting.
Will we all be cutting the pin off the board or pulling out the plug pin?
Or will this be addressed on future games?

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Will we all be cutting the pin off the board

Shouldn't have to. They know some got missed and will check it.

Quoted from Arcade:

or pulling out the plug

Please don't. Then it would be easier to plug into the wrong spot at a later date.

LTG : )

#365 2 years ago

Is this SOL protector too low. Just unboxed AFMr #11 and want to play but concerned about chipping the clear.

20170805_175150 (resized).jpg

#366 2 years ago

yes, you will have some clear coat chipping with it in that position. One thing you can do is pry it upward with a screwdriver as there is nothing to support it on the right side, just keep your eye on it between games as the repeated ball strikes will push it back down.

#367 2 years ago

Looks like they made an updated SOL protector according to another poster on Pinside. What's the best way to contact CGC to get the replacement asap?

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Looks like they made an updated SOL protector according to another poster on Pinside. What's the best way to contact CGC to get the replacement asap?

File a ticket at Chicago-Gaming.com for support.

Marc

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Well, that is interesting.
Will we all be cutting the pin off the board or pulling out the plug pin?
Or will this be addressed on future games?

Cutting the pin is the best way to go, its easy, just be careful you are cutting the correct one and make sure you have a good grip on it so you don't loose it in the electronics. When I cut mine I said to myself "are you sure you have a good grip on that with your fingers? shouldn't you go get a pair of needle nose pliers? Nahhhh I'm good." Snip, and away went that little pin. I spent the next hour hunting it down........ I y yi

#370 2 years ago

Had the opportunity to unbox this one at a party... Great game.

20170805_191705 (resized).jpg

#371 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Had the opportunity to unbox this one at a party... Great game.

Nice, I'm having an alien party in about two weeks. Have more pics? please share.

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Nice, I'm having an alien party in about two weeks. Have more pics? please share.

Nice! I'm hoping to have my Alien party by Alien day next year...

Hopefully Martian party long before that!

#373 2 years ago

Does the plug labeled extra plug into j5 outs on the topper?

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

Does the plug labeled extra plug into j5 outs on the tower?

4 Pin connector, two wires, one grey one black ? It plugs into the spot next to FLASH J4. If your board has four pins, please cut off the one not needed.

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

4 Pin connector, two wires, one grey one black ? It plugs into the spot next to FLASH J4. If your board has four pins, please cut off the one not needed.

Lloyd, there is a connector labeled "Extra". I don't have it plugged into anything but wondered if it needed to be plugged into the "Output" connector just below the input. It has the correct number of pins to fit. The topper seems to work fine without that connector being plugged into anything so I left it disconnected. Is that correct?

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

Lloyd, there is a connector labeled "Extra". I don't have it plugged into anything but wondered if it needed to be plugged into the "Output" connector just below the input. It has the correct number of pins to fit. The topper seems to work fine without that connector being plugged into anything so I left it disconnected. Is that correct?

Here's a photo that Lloyd emailed me last night. If you look in the back the Extra plug is plugged into J5 which is also labeled Outs.

IMG_8183 (resized).JPG

#377 2 years ago

Got my AFMLE in yesterday. It scared me when the truck door opened and I saw the box, but it was fine. This is a great looking game! CGC has done a great job with this pin. WOW that topper is amazing and it's huge!!! You can tell I had to set it out away from the wall because my gameroom is upstairs above the garage, so my ceiling slants at the wall.

IMG_8177 (resized).JPG

IMG_8184 (resized).JPG

IMG_8185 (resized).JPG

IMG_8186 (resized).JPG

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

Got my AFMLE in yesterday.

WOW what a row!!!! Congrats sir!

#379 2 years ago

I am really impressed with how they pack the game during shipping,, JJP should take notes and their head decal might stop getting damaged during shipping......

I am still up in the air between AFM and a DI, For the youngsters and first timers AFM seems like a simpler fun game.

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

It scared me when the truck door opened and I saw the box

That box looks crazy bad. Glad that within the pin was fine.

#381 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I am really impressed with how they pack the game during shipping,, JJP should take notes and their head decal might stop getting damaged during shipping......
I am still up in the air between AFM and a DI, For the youngsters and first timers AFM seems like a simpler fun game.

Yeah, it's a tough decision and almost too bad they came out at the same time for us with limited budgets. I think the 2 games would be great in a 2 game lineup. On the one hand your have a 20 year old fast flowing proven classic top 10 game in new condition with some nice upgrades. On the other hand you have the latest in tech whiz bang designed by a proven designer with a bit more stop and go and more depth.

Being that I love the classics and have never had a nice AFM, I went with that one. If you like the newer titles with a lot more rule depth, DI would make more sense. If you have a lot of guests, most titles folks wont get right off like you said. But titles like TAF, MM, MB, SS, and AFM are always crowd pleasers. If you don't have any of those titles and you like to see non pinhead guests having a good time, AFM will come up the winner here.

Either choice I'm thinking will be a wise one. I don't see either choice losing its appeal any time soon, but DI's future is a little more uncertain in that category.

Good luck with your decision.

#382 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

Got my AFMLE in yesterday. It scared me when the truck door opened and I saw the box, but it was fine. This is a great looking game! CGC has done a great job with this pin. WOW that topper is amazing and it's huge!!! You can tell I had to set it out away from the wall because my gameroom is upstairs above the garage, so my ceiling slants at the wall.

Wow, that box would have given me a heart attack!

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

It scared me when the truck door opened and I saw the box, but it was fine.

You are braver than I am, I would have to them to not bother taking it off the truck.

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

I would have lost my bladder contents all over the ground, I yi yi. Glad the game was ok

#385 2 years ago

My AFMrLE arrived today in black trim. High quality game. Plays magnificent. This is a home run for sure.

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

My AFMrLE arrived today in black trim. High quality game. Plays magnificent. This is a home run for sure.

Pictures Please

#387 2 years ago

You guys suck. All of you. You've now forced me to reach out to my distributor and ask to upgrade my order from a CE to an LE. Dammit, you're killing me people!

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Dammit, you're killing me people!

Glad to help.

#389 2 years ago

Hmm, decision time... SE in first shipment to Australia or LE in second shipment (ie from second AFMr run)..?

#390 2 years ago

Hmm, decision time... SE in first shipment to Australia or LE in second shipment (ie from second AFMr run)..?

If you go for a LE will you get it before Christmas?

#391 2 years ago

LE all the way! The wait will be great! I love new pinball anticipation.

#392 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

If you go for a LE will you get it before Christmas?

Unlikely. I spoke to Wayne at length. To say it's confusing would be an understatement. In the US it's a different story and pretty clear. When you have to fill containers with a single type of machine it gets messy fast. Also Wayne won't be getting any units other than those he has confirmed orders for. Honestly it sounds like a nightmare. If I go for LE, given what CGC have said, it will likely be February... which may be sooner or later than sticking with my CE order (I placed the ONLY CE order in Australia)...

#393 2 years ago

a year from now you'll be wishing you got the LE.

#394 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

a year from now you'll be wishing you got the LE.

But which colour??

#395 2 years ago

But which colour??

AiLEn green of course!

#396 2 years ago

I think he is turning a shade of alien green?

#397 2 years ago

Distributor just emailed me, said my number matching LE is ready for pickup! Yeaaaaa! But I’m so busy it will probably be a week before I can get there! Boooooo! It’s killing me!

#398 2 years ago

I placed the ONLY CE order in Australia

CE is the real LE. Stick with it!

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Distributor just emailed me, said my number matching LE is ready for pickup! Yeaaaaa! But I’m so busy it will probably be a week before I can get there! Boooooo! It’s killing me!

Let me know how I can help. I'm a town away!!

#400 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

LOVE the Williams neon sign!! Oh, the pins look pretty nice too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 99.00
There are 697 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside